Page 1259 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 ... LastLast
Results 31,451 to 31,475 of 41276
    Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Still not worth it. Would rather go find some nice hero dirt still or just go walk up Chuchara.
    I'm sure Cuchara will be glorious after 10 days of high and dry, better get on that soon. Sounds like we've officially entered that time of year when the folks who enjoy mtb as much (if not more) as skiing, get to boast about riding dirt vs. snow. For some, that time of year is all year. I'll always choose to ride snow, but to each their own.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Abasin has been running their guns too, and had a decent patch even before this storm.

But really who cares about the WROD this year?
    People that are waiting for the desert to quiet down. 2020...nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide?

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I'm sure Cuchara will be glorious after 10 days of high and dry, better get on that soon.
    Actually might be better for some hike turns than anywhere else right now. Looks like 20" base

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cuchara snow.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	348.2 KB 
ID:	345251
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Actually might be better for some hike turns than anywhere else right now. Looks like 20" base
    Like I said......better get on that soon.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    People that are waiting for the desert to quiet down. 2020...nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide?
    Yep, packing for another trip to the desert now. I'll be driving that way till it's covered in snow too.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    The ways things are going right now the WROD may be your only chance at lift-served skiing this season.

Meh, that's a real possibility I guess, but I'm guessing later in the season will have a better chance than early.

Meh, that's a real possibility I guess, but I'm guessing later in the season will have a better chance than early.
    Nothing about the current policies and protocols changes until there is a vaccine. That's the reality of where we're at right now. The ski season hasn't even started locally, and we're already off to a terrible start as a county.
    Old's Cool.

Yep, packing for another trip to the desert now. I'll be driving that way till it's covered in snow too.
    With Moab probably being the closest dry option I am envisioning a minor shit show. I was thinking of heading there today but I don’t Think I have it in me. I bet it would be fine depending where you go I am just beat down and unmotivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    With Moab probably being the closest dry option I am envisioning a minor shit show. I was thinking of heading there today but I don’t Think I have it in me. I bet it would be fine depending where you go I am just beat down and unmotivated.
    Spent 10 days in Moab, I'm hoping for Rabbit Valley, but will keep deriving if I need to. I'll be dirt biking not mountain biking so options are a little more open.

The desert is a big place but it is getting smaller. Moab is nice in January and February, other than that it is a hard pass for me. Just a busy hodgepodge of trusted funded self important van lifers and get out of my way front rangers that act like they are in Starbucks and Colorado Mills.

get out of my way front rangers
    sup

The desert is a big place but it is getting smaller. Moab is nice in January and February, other than that it is a hard pass for me. Just a busy hodgepodge of trusted funded self important van lifers and get out of my way front rangers that act like they are in Starbucks and Colorado Mills.
    Ok Edward Abbey. Desert Solitaire was written in '68, so your sentiment is not new. But I agree, Moab jumped that shark many years ago, but for some reason, I still keep going. Getting a motorized two wheeler has definitely open my eyes to other options though. But for non-motorized two wheelers, Moab is one of the few places in the region with a good concentration of purpose built, technical bike trails.

^^^hey if you are standing up I give you map props, most of ya'll just kneel down in the rapids. They are basically like the scooters of the river...but hey...I bet you look great hypothermic in a bikini.

Moab is one of the few places in the region with a good concentration of purpose built, technical bike trails.
    Wanna go halv-sises on a billboard that says just that? Maybe add something about breweries and coffee shops? We can put it right at the Cisco exit. The irony is not lost on me. I am the problem. I just try to be the problem in less busy places at less busy times.

cool let's turn a few more threads into arguments about whether moab sucks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    cool let's turn a few more threads into arguments about whether moab sucks or not.
    Moab is awesome. I have a hard time enjoying it with as crowded as it has become. That's on me. Last time I went on this mission, the day use area was douched out by van lifers there for GGBY and #boggieseason and the so called base jump chick cut in front of use on the fixed lines, kicked rocks and generally was a miserable twat. Some people like people more than I do, thats cool. Maybe I should tell my friends to stop putting cool shit on Youtube

you and your friends are fucking nuts but that's rad to see.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

yeah
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Yep, it's over. Glimpse in to the future for most of the ski towns. This is Summit County Gov amended order for tonight. Supposed to prevent an increase to Level 3, which would basically mean no ski resorts can't open. Summit only has like 1-2 weeks to prevent a Level 3 status.

https://www.summitcountyco.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=702

Story in the news about dude in Kremmling with 12 unattended slash burn piles while he left residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Story in the news about dude in Kremmling with 12 unattended slash burn piles while he left residence.
    The weirdest part is that he's the Denver DA's husband. But no idea if they're estranged or if he's mentally ill or just an asshole.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Moab is awesome. I have a hard time enjoying it with as crowded as it has become. That's on me. Last time I went on this mission, the day use area was douched out by van lifers there for GGBY and #boggieseason and the so called base jump chick cut in front of use on the fixed lines, kicked rocks and generally was a miserable twat. Some people like people more than I do, thats cool. Maybe I should tell my friends to stop putting cool shit on Youtube
    I enjoy rad shit as much as the next person, but it'd be nice if people would just stop heavily labelling their adventures, cough Nate Hills cough... This video would've been just as sweet with only the footage and not telling everyone where they are. The word spreads like wildfire these days and only makes it busier, and while it may be a minuscule increase from one video, it definitely adds up over time as one friend tells another...

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Yep, it's over. Glimpse in to the future for most of the ski towns. This is Summit County Gov amended order for tonight. Supposed to prevent an increase to Level 3, which would basically mean no ski resorts can't open. Summit only has like 1-2 weeks to prevent a Level 3 status.

https://www.summitcountyco.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=702
    This might be the season I finally cave a buy a sled

Vail pass is gonna be an even bigger shit show than normal