Page 1258 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 ... LastLast
Results 31,426 to 31,450 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    this seems to be more of a summit county thread imo
    good to know, because lord knows your opinion here is...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sorry Foggy. I can't imagine how rough this all is for you.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You've found a job in Redstone?
    Sure, let's go with that. I say stupid shit on here sometimes, no need to get into specifics about my place of employment. I'll be living a little ways up the Crystal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    To all the people that busted the closures on the West Side of Hwy 34 after the road opened yesterday afternoon: You are selfish assholes

To all the people that had access to the fire zone and posted pictures online of random peoples houses burned down: You are selfish assholes

I, along with 100 or so other local contractors, spend the last two days, winterizing homes in the evacuation area due to the fact the electricity and gas is shut off in many areas. The program has been suspended because of the behavior of some self important cunts.
    saw this on the news last night, my wife even blurted out a "WTF people??" even had a nice old couple interviewed on the news that had to tour the area to "see for themselves" the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    It's almost as if we are also experiencing a pandemic of stupidity/selfishness in this country.
    At least 300 students and staff at Summit High (near 1/3 of the school) were under quarantine as of yesterday, so officials called off in-person learning and everything is virtual for the next 2 weeks. We're fuct.

To all the people that busted the closures on the West Side of Hwy 34 after the road opened yesterday afternoon: You are selfish assholes

To all the people that had access to the fire zone and posted pictures online of random peoples houses burned down: You are selfish assholes

I, along with 100 or so other local contractors, spend the last two days, winterizing homes in the evacuation area due to the fact the electricity and gas is shut off in many areas. The program has been suspended because of the behavior of some self important cunts. It is -15F at my house right now.
    Terrible.
    Old's Cool.

I'll do a bit of blogging here. Feel free to repost it elsewhere if you want. Even if you don't know me IRL, most people probably get my MO. I think there is value is getting some info out there respectfully in informal channels.

There really is quite a bit of good news. One, our community is pretty resilient and helpful so we are pretty well suited to handle this. Two, lose of life is minimal and by a few accounts Lyle and Marilyn chose to go down with the ship. Three, the Town of Grand Lake survived and, at least from what I saw, the forest and such looks to be in pretty good condition. Point being, there is reason to rebuild and reason to come visit. It is not as if it looks carpet bombed never to return.

The bad is that there is a tremendous amount of destruction. I've only been in a fraction of the fire area but there are a lot of burned houses. From speaking to a couple of lineman, the grid is fucked. It sounds like it may be a while before people get back into certain neighborhoods.

The addresses up that way are horrible and there are many places with spotty cell service. You might be looking for a house and you can't even find the driveway. It sounds like the building department with some help from the state is trying to inventory everything with the GIS data.

Here are a few requests. Even if is a second home and you didn't actually evacuate, fill out the evac for. The Sheriff/Government want to try to contact every homeowner but there database doesn't have phone numbers. Please understand that the immediate need is to get evacuee's back into there primary residences. If this is not you, please consider holding off a bit. Also, if you have an AirBnB consider putting that into the long term rental pool.

Thank you for sharing Foggy, as well as your work supporting your community. In time, I look forward to getting back up there.

Photo credit @DoughertyKMGH - Grand Lake yesterday

Who was asking about the Roadhouse? It made it! Sounds like that have been open. That's how you know thinks are trending in the right direction in Grand Lake. JRs and the Sagebrush are open! I'm more of a Waconda or Sloopy's guy so we'll have a pour one out for Sloopy's.

Hehe - I mentioned it a few pages back. King crab & prime rib for the win!

Thankfully it sounds like many bullets were dodged. The thing raged through neighborhoods and right at Grand Lake, where firefighters must have put up a good fight to save it, then jumped the divide and headed toward Estes, only to be stopped by lucky timing with the snow and fire fighting at the highway only a mile or two from town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Even if is a second home and you didn't actually evacuate, fill out the evac form.
    Is this the form?
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...-3cQg/viewform

I believe this is a better one https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...oUPHA/viewform

It is easier said that done to match a property address to the person that may be living in it....shitty addresses, units sharing addresses, trust ownerships, renters etc. There are some neighborhoods that never lost power, gas, water on sanitation. Sounds like these are getting let back in first.

I'm not sure how that perimeter is gonna be secured. Yesterday evening they just opened 34 without limitation and stationed LEOs at all the west side closures. This will get harder to do as you move into the neighborhoods.

Thanks. Passed it on to some friends.

Denver just went to DefCon 3

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Keystone was blowing all last week. But who cares. Well be in stay at home soon
    You got skins boy.. .use 'em
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Anybody know the last time Abasin didn't open until November?

http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/20...ng-update.html
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post

Saw on their webcams they weren't making any snow the last couple days & wondered what was up. WROD on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Oh wow hah. I don’t even think Abasin has had snow guns on.
    They're running low on water. Warmer days will help to get guns going at night.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post

They've always opened in October since '03/'04, the first season they had snowmaking.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    They've always opened in October since '03/'04, the first season they had snowmaking.
    Guess an entire summer without rain will cause delays.....weird.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Guess an entire summer without rain will cause delays.....weird.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What’s rain?

Loveland may actually win this year. They've had theirs on

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Loveland may actually win this year. They've had theirs on
    Abasin has been running their guns too, and had a decent patch even before this storm.

But really who cares about the WROD this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Abasin has been running their guns too, and had a decent patch even before this storm.

But really who cares about the WROD this year?
    The ways things are going right now the WROD may be your only chance at lift-served skiing this season.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    The ways things are going right now the WROD may be your only chance at lift-served skiing this season.
    Still not worth it. Would rather go find some nice hero dirt still or just go walk up Chuchara.