Page 1412 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 ... LastLast
Results 35,276 to 35,300 of 41265
    Going to Ski telluride on Tuesday, never skied there before, any tips on what/where to go for one day? Myself, my wife, and my kid (10 but he’s a ripper and can ski anything).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Going to Ski telluride on Tuesday, never skied there before, any tips on what/where to go for one day? Myself, my wife, and my kid (10 but he’s a ripper and can ski anything).

Its a pretty spread out mountain and it can be kind of funky to get around from zone to zone. Free parking in Mountain Village at the parking garage right at the gondola.

Gold hill has good steep shots, traverses, entrances, and exits are pretty damn rocky right now. Some zones funnel to techy shit that can catch you by surprise.

Polar Queen and Prospect have good intermediate skiing.

Plunge lift is long and slow but serves up almost 3k' of good pitched bumps.

Tree skiing in apex lift area seemed fairly filled in, I didn't hit anything in a lap through there today.

The T-bar was pretty good today.
    Watching the snowboarders fall down made the lift line more tolerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re gonna love it, enjoy!

Snow was pretty wind slabby at Vail this morning. Skied the Mile and saw some shooting cracks in wind loaded areas. Super dense snow. Also...MakersTeleMark helped me out when my mother in law drove my mothers car down a snowmobile road this morning and got stuck. Makers is that guy you can call anytime and he’ll help.

Merry Christmas

MTM is the kinda guy you can call anytime for help, good on him!

I used to ski telluride back in the day, but don't have much advice you can't deduce from a map. Enjoy, it's a great mountain.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Regardless of what forecast says, consistent snow over this week is just not materializing in sbt as anticipated. A cm here and there but every hour things back off just a little more. It's just not happening in volume. Time to pack the car.

Pretty incredible wind happening in the San Juans right now. The Eagle weather station is once again picked up gusts over 110 MPH twice last night. Gusts are still near 100 mph as of 8am. We've gotten a lot of snow but the loading on North-ish slopes in going to be crazy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1640536511.634736.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	340.3 KB 
ID:	398221

Welp.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Pretty incredible wind happening in the San Juans right now. The Eagle weather station is once again picked up gusts over 110 MPH twice last night. Gusts are still near 100 mph as of 8am. We've gotten a lot of snow but the loading on North-ish slopes in going to be crazy.
    I was going to drive back to CB today but fuck South Park when the wind is blowing like that. I can see on the cams that the Silver Queen isn't running this morning, so I know it's blowing hard there too. And I-70 isn't a good option either with all the holiday traffic. I'm stranded in Golden, ha! I'll try tomorrow. I really hope I don't have to do the CO Springs to Canon City route but that might be the best call.

Edit- And it looks like I70 is already closed too.

Man the Basin yesterday was just splendid. Caught a lot of rope drops and skied til the afternoon until my god damn patella tendon gave out. Should've taped it for a bigger ski day...

It's kind of impressive to feel the difference in the vibe there since they left the epic pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1640536511.634736.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	340.3 KB 
ID:	398221

Welp.
    Can't imagine what it's like up high the way its howling down here. Guess I'll just spend the day doing chores.

Was screaming up high at the Beav this morning. Snow was good but wasn’t snowing much...couple inches probably. Got a rope drop....sorta....got two laps before patrol figured out the cat driver hadn’t put it back up. Off to the Juans tomorrow for a day at Telluride and 4 nights in a hut on Lizard Head.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Man the Basin yesterday was just splendid. Caught a lot of rope drops and skied til the afternoon until my god damn patella tendon gave out. Should've taped it for a bigger ski day...

It's kind of impressive to feel the difference in the vibe there since they left the epic pass.
    It was glorious. So nice to have the Legend back.

A hut on Lizard Head? I just googled because I have never heard of it, that place looks dope! Assuming that the place that comes up when you google "hut lizard head pass" is where you're going.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A hut on Lizard Head? I just googled because I have never heard of it, that place looks dope! Assuming that the place that comes up when you google "hut lizard head pass" is where you're going.
    Yeah it’s high camp hut. Kinda like Shrine pass huts in some ways. Little friendlier for the kids. Some big skiing up that way for the spring and some super mellow meadow skipping for this trip.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Copper was soft and it snowed all day. Patrol opened union meadows, nice in spots up there. And Alpine lift skied great all day. All that and there were zero people in lines anywhere. Kinda weird.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

everyone must have all been in line at the covid testing site near the silverthorne rec center or city market

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    It’s not real hype until Frankie Macdonald picks it up.
    I was just wondering about Frankie today. I hope he still doing great.

Yeah it’s high camp hut. Kinda like Shrine pass huts in some ways. Little friendlier for the kids. Some big skiing up that way for the spring and some super mellow meadow skipping for this trip.

Nice. Report back.

The blizzard that hit Vail today was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I was going to drive back to CB today but fuck South Park when the wind is blowing like that. I can see on the cams that the Silver Queen isn't running this morning, so I know it's blowing hard there too. And I-70 isn't a good option either with all the holiday traffic. I'm stranded in Golden, ha! I'll try tomorrow. I really hope I don't have to do the CO Springs to Canon City route but that might be the best call.

Edit- And it looks like I70 is already closed too.
    Leave now like around 11 tonight it's your only hope perfect storm gapers and snow theplus is no one is left on the front range since every front ranger and every one from texas Louisiana and Oklahoma is here to at least they don't dig powder

Well not sure about highlands tomorrow, buddy who coaches the ski team was saying the bowl won't open for a few days with all the gusts sustaining above 100mph and royally fucking it up there. Not that the bowl is everything but hmm..

This week is shaping up to be a real treat. Gosh I wish I was out of quarantine.

Anybody secretly nervous about the lack of crowds at ABasin? I just hope that they’re still getting enough $ from the Ikon partnership and higher priced season passes to make up for what appears to be (really incredible for those of us who get to enjoy it) light skier traffic. I don’t want them to be forced to change because the financials aren’t working out…

go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Anybody secretly nervous about the lack of crowds at ABasin? I just hope that they’re still getting enough $ from the Ikon partnership and higher priced season passes to make up for what appears to be (really incredible for those of us who get to enjoy it) light skier traffic. I don’t want them to be forced to change because the financials aren’t working out…

I just hope they are charging the fuck out of those little Team Summit shits.

They limited passes and sold out so they must have gotten what they wanted out of that. Now people will start buying day tickets to avoid crowds on weekends at Keystone and Breck. Last few days were pretty awesome to ski Pow and not have to wait in any lines on a holiday weekend.

Best $500 I ever spent!