Page 1525 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 ... LastLast
Results 38,101 to 38,125 of 41265
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Caught a directed E chair opening for compaction and it was stellar!!
    My first tracks down Mineshaft at rope drop were $$$....best turns to date. Tbar is VERY close.......

It's interesting.....Breck has not been skiing that busy this season and I love it.....it's noticeable. The most logical explanation is that many front rangers jumped ship from Epic to Ikon this season and the traffic at Copper (along with a drop in Epic pass sales) supports that theory. Sure, it will inevitably get busy this season, but it seems that the insanity of the last several seasons has been taken down a couple of notches. Fresh snow on Saturday at Breck and I never waited in a lift line more than a couple of minutes.....I'll take it.
    Old's Cool.

That’s music to my ears.
    I haven’t come up yet because of the shit show early season was last year.
    I suspect the lack of government cheese and student loan possible repayment starting, is having an effect.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bookings are down 20% -25% over last year that can all change quickly lots of things at play to cause the down turn but overall town and ski hill has not reached epic shit show status yet

Most 40 year Olds are raising kids and don't have time to ski anymore the younger go buy gear look the part but can't ski their way out of a paper bag they just pose at tge hotel bar with their float pack and beacon

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ..... they just pose at tge hotel bar with their float pack and beacon
    The hotel bar, AKA Gravity Haus/Cabin Juice.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    My first tracks down Mineshaft at rope drop were $$$....best turns to date. Tbar is VERY close.......

It's interesting.....Breck has not been skiing that busy this season and I love it.....it's noticeable. The most logical explanation is that many front rangers jumped ship from Epic to Ikon this season and the traffic at Copper (along with a drop in Epic pass sales) supports that theory. Sure, it will inevitably get busy this season, but it seems that the insanity of the last several seasons has been taken down a couple of notches. Fresh snow on Saturday at Breck and I never waited in a lift line more than a couple of minutes.....I'll take it.
    Yeah, I almost got worried walking from the shop to quicksilver to get to Merc at 12:15 but quicksilver had zero line and Merc took maybe 3-5 minutes, so I made it just in time. Thanks Jimmy P for the intel on that one.

The most logical explanation is that many front rangers jumped ship from Epic to Ikon this season and the traffic at Copper (along with a drop in Epic pass sales) supports that theory.
    Yesterday, Alpine + Far East were full, as was the Conoco gas station "lot".
    Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Good times.
    Wow. Copper is the new Breck?
    Last edited by cmsummit; 12-04-2022 at 10:17 AM.
    Old's Cool.

Good times.
    JFC fuck Ikon and fuck Epic.

Wow. Copper is the new Breck?
    No. Wanker Pancake is the new Breck. My "Keep Winter Park Lame" campaign is backfiring. Apparently, exactly what we got is exactly what the young families want. I mean seriously, we have an in town sledding hill AND a Gravity Haus. The LoHi/Rino/Golden Puffy Coat Mafia is Living the Dream(tm).

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    No. Wanker Pancake is the new Breck. My "Keep Winter Park Lame" campaign is backfiring. Apparently, exactly what we got is exactly what the young families want. I mean seriously, we have an in town sledding hill AND a Gravity Haus. The LoHi/Rino/Golden Puffy Coat Mafia is Living the Dream(tm).
    I’m currently working on a residential project up there and have been keeping an eye on what’s coming….WP is going to change big time in the next decade. So many multi family townhome and hotel developments being worked on right now.

Imagine being a parent with kids, standing in all these huge lift lines. Fuck that shit.

Ummm, yeah. Things change. It's changed big this past decade. And the decade before that. Change sucks.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by d-root View Post
    Ummm, yeah. Things change. It's changed big this past decade. And the decade before that. Change sucks.
    Compared to the change coming, last decade was not much. Exponential growth in the Fraser Valley coming. At least they are building employee housing near the mtn and aren’t cunts like Vail residents

Meanwhile, I’ve seen some Copper line pics online that would make Vail jealous. Fuck, I do think there was an exodus off Epic.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 12-04-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Bama did not make the college football playoffs. FKNA!

Good times.
    That is happening already? Holy smokes.

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    We have cut a tree from Vasquez road for years. It closer than other options from Denver and easy access on the way home from Winter Park. There are several parking lots along the way, so keep driving if you can’t find a spot. Be prepared to push or pull a car out of the ditch because it gets icy and people bring cars there that shouldn’t be there.

My kids and I go mtb camping at the end of Vasquez road beyond the gate every summer. 4 miles of double track that can accommodate a Burly trailer and nothing so impressive that it attracts people. My son had great pride when he caught a trout this year and fried it with huckleberries on the campfire. It is near wilderness that is easy to enjoy with kids.

This worked out great. Definitely not the only one out there, but less crowded than the elk creek loop. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Compared to the change coming, last decade was not much. Exponential growth in the Fraser Valley coming. At least they are building employee housing near the mtn and aren’t cunts like Vail residents

Meanwhile, I’ve seen some Copper line pics online that would make Vail jealous. Fuck, I do think there was an exodus off Epic.

You talking the incoming projects after gondola-driven rezoning around vazquez rd and cooper creek, or is there even more?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Bama did not make the college football playoffs. FKNA!
    This needs to be highlighted.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    You talking the incoming projects after gondola-driven rezoning around vazquez rd and cooper creek, or is there even more?
    Yes and up valley as well. And the whole Roam area, the Arrow on Main St, and off Main Street to the west.

Rope drops on Bash and Balch at Wanker today were awesome. And no traffic home on 40 or 70 was a bonus.

Horseshoe bowl opened to the top for hike-to yesterday and it was quite good. Filled in pretty damn well and they're saying they're only waiting on snowmaking to wrap up on claimjumper as well as moving some snow on pika to get tbar open, so later this week!

Simply not bad out there for early december all around.

Oh I miss Breck a lot! Love Horseshoe bowl so much.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

It rained at 9300' yesterday in the San Juans.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Sorry your campaign isn't working.

A couple was recently overheard in Crested Butte saying "It certainly isn't as opulent as Jackson." "Yeah, it's kind of podunk." So there's hope in my little podunk corner of the world.

Got out for a few runs up Butler on Friday. Was still pretty thin. Hoping the storm this week pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Sorry your campaign isn't working.

A couple was recently overheard in Crested Butte saying "It certainly isn't as opulent as Jackson." "Yeah, it's kind of podunk." So there's hope in my little podunk corner of the world.
    CB>>>>>Jackson