Page 1272 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 ... LastLast
Results 31,776 to 31,800 of 41302
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because the parking lot filled up by 815am?
    Hehe - not quite, but that’s a good one.
    I’m sure I’ll catch a pow day there eventually

5-Day Total Precipitation:

That’s just sad

welp, disc golf it is then

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    welp, disc golf it is then
    you spelled mountain biking wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    That’s just sad
    December always seems tough. Limited terrain, limited snowfall, limited daylight. I'm building a house and appreciate the clear skies, although I should've been done and moved in by now.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    That was interesting, thanks! I always wondered if the Vail cloud seeding stole the snow from Copper, so I wonder if this year will be "Epic" there.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Dillon/silverthorne shop recommendations for a binding mount? Not looking for the cheapest as much as most likely to do a good job as we don’t get new skis very often. I would mount my own f*** skis but I was lazy and didn’t get around to it before getting out here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    Dillon/silverthorne shop recommendations for a binding mount? Not looking for the cheapest as much as most likely to do a good job as we don’t get new skis very often. I would mount my own f*** skis but I was lazy and didn’t get around to it before getting out here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Head over to Slope Style here in Breck. I'll give ya a special TGR mag half price mount

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	351026
    Low tide at the boat... but good to be up high. Big hopes for this pattern change coming up...

Quote Originally Posted by doxinho View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	351026
    Low tide at the boat... but good to be up high. Big hopes for this pattern change coming up...
    Hope you’re right. I’ll be checking out that view in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans1000 View Post
    https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2020...rm-22nd-jan-2/

​​​​​​​The latest blog update for North America (the first of 2020, finally) from my perspective. Colorado is likely to get more snowfall in a mid February pattern change in the long term.

In the next week or so, much of the mountains in Western Colorado are expected to get snowfall starting on Monday morning, and continuing through to Wednesday morning.

So pattern change in 2 months?

The comments are a roller coaster of emotions in these small papers like summit, vail, durango, and aspen. I went from hating tourists to hating locals to hating the gov. in a 2 minute span.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    The comments are a roller coaster of emotions in these small papers like summit, vail, durango, and aspen. I went from hating tourists to hating locals to hating the gov. in a 2 minute span.
    I’ve noticed most of the comments are from people out of state. That and from the same 5 people that have machine guns in their profile pics. I need to stop reading them.

Newspapers used to have the scum of the internet posting comments. Lots turned the option off. Turns out there are a few million of those assholes based on the Trump flags this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yeah that’s very reasonable for semi isolated counties facing spikes and limited hospital beds. I’m gonna be annoyed if counties like gilpin shut people out again - given most residents there shop and go to doctors etc in boulder, Golden, Denver

I've seen more blue skies and sunshine in the last month than I did in the previous three years.

On a positive note, the hiking is still great up to around 11,000 feet, and the long daylight hours at this time of year still give you plenty of time to take advantage.
    Last edited by glademaster; 12-05-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Long daylight hours? What are you, some kind of PNW troll?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It isn't so much the complaints about the sunny days that is weird, I kinda get that, I lived in the PNW and liked it. But complaining about the length of days is a little strange.

Well when you sleep until 10am the days are shorter

/s

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I laughed when the better half showed me her home hill of Boston Mills and the famous Tiger run...
    It has to be better than my childhood days at amazingly mis-named Powder Ridge in CT. I’m sure my arms are at least 1” longer from that rope tow.

https://powderridgepark.com

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Looking at an average winter for Colorado overall this season, per my latest winter forecast:
    https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2020...tlook-2020-21/

Unfortunately largely dry at the moment, though some possible snowfall on Friday....

It wasn't really a complaint, I was being serious that it's nice to be able to spend an hour or so outside after work in December. I wish it was cloudier and snowier, but it's all good. It'll snow eventually, or it won't. Life goes on either way.

I do really enjoy the dark time of the year though; there's nothing better than December at 52+ degrees north. The skies are on fire with alpenglow for all but about an hour and a half right around solar noon. There's just something I find enthralling about really long winter nights and a low sun angle. Love the darkness from 3:30pm-8:30am and the way it allows things to fill in on all aspects.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing this thread with my tangents. Back to your regularly scheduled program of waiting for a cloud to appear on the horizon.

I’ll probably cruise some groomer laps tomorrow at the basin just cuz but uhh I assume the biking is good to go towards Denver? Floyd hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I’ll probably cruise some groomer laps tomorrow at the basin just cuz but uhh I assume the biking is good to go towards Denver? Floyd hill?
    Lenawee Parks is open, or was yesterday. Lots a rocks but fun-ish