Page 1216 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 ... LastLast
Results 30,376 to 30,400 of 41251
    Welcome to last week cmsummit

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Welcome to last week cmsummit
    Thanks. It's funny.....no matter how many times it's been explained there will also be those that don't get it or don't think it applies to them. I've been down and out for nearly 2 weeks......so no surprise I'm a little behind here. Good news is I won't get this shit again!
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Well, a Stay-At-Home Order has been issued and photos of still crowded trailheads are a pretty good indication that many are not heeding the directive.....it's really that simple. Stay at home is being heavily encouraged not only for social distancing purposes, but also to avoid rescue missions that will strain local mountain resources and could potentially and unknowingly expose rescuers to the virus. Yep, it's really that simple.... crazy that's there's no bigger conspiracy working here, right?
    https://www.facebook.com/ChrisTomer/...type=3&theater
    If you feel this doesn't apply at all to you and you're still gonna do what you please.......stay clear of people and don't get hurt.
    Except that the stay at home order specifically allows people to leave their home:

To engage in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking, nordic skiing, snowshoeing, biking or running. For purposes of outdoor activity, state parks will remain open to the public to engage in walking, hiking, biking, running, and similar outdoor activities but all playgrounds, picnic areas, other similar areas conducive to public gathering and attended areas shall be closed."
    The outdoor activity exception applies to all outdoor activity where it is possible for social distancing requirements to be met, and despite a common misconception, there is absolutely no restriction on the distance of allowable travel to participate in outdoor activity.

Nordic skiing but not downhill skiing is ok yeah?

Thanks. It's funny.....no matter how many times it's been explained there will also be those that don't get it or don't think it applies to them. I've been down and out for nearly 2 weeks......so no surprise I'm a little behind here. Good news is I won't get this shit again!
    Glad to hear you got through it and are on the mend.

While there may be no hard distance restrictions on where you can go for physical activity, people are being strongly discouraged from traveling outside of their home town/city to do so.

https://theknow.denverpost.com/2020/...eation/236410/

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Glad to hear you got through it and are on the mend.
    Thanks man!
    Old's Cool.

#stayinthecity

Nordic skiing but not downhill skiing is ok yeah?
    Incorrect, here is the full text of the exception. Notice it states "by way of example and without limitation".

3. Engaging in outdoor activity, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, nordic skiing, snowshoeing, biking or running. For purposes of outdoor activity, State parks will remain open to the public to engage in walking, hiking, biking, running, and similar outdoor activities but all playgrounds, picnic areas, other similar areas conducive to public gathering, and attended areas shall be closed. For other parks, check with the local jurisdiction and follow any requirements for that jurisdiction. Additionally, the permitted outdoor activities in this PHO do not include activities that would violate the Social Distancing Requirements defined in Section III.F, below.
    F. Social Distancing Requirements. To reduce the risk of disease transmission, individuals shall maintain at least a six-foot distance from other individuals, wash hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible or using hand sanitizer, cover coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands), regularly clean high-touch surfaces, and not shake hands.

Yeah it specifically says Nordic skiing. Thanks for proving my point. Lol

Yeah it specifically says Nordic skiing. Thanks for proving my point. Lol
    It uses nordic skiing as an example of outdoor activity. It doesn't prohibit downhill skiing. Reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    It uses nordic skiing as an example of outdoor activity. It doesn't prohibit downhill skiing. Reading comprehension.
    The thing I'm trying to point out is that is is interesting that they mentioned Nordic skiing specifically at the same time they closed ski resorts. Read between the lines comprehension jack.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

The thing I'm trying to point out is that is is interesting that they mentioned Nordic skiing specifically at the same time they closed ski resorts. Read between the lines comprehension jack.
    Reading between the lines is not necessary in a legal directive/executive order. If they wanted to ban alpine touring/downhill skiing, they would have explicitly stated as such. They only banned outdoor activities where social distancing is not possible and they even explicitly defined social distancing.

Ban all ball sports

While there may be no hard distance restrictions on where you can go for physical activity, people are being strongly discouraged from traveling outside of their home town/city to do so.
    And yet, people are still asking "What's the difference between traveling 5 minutes and 5 hours?"

JHFC - just a MODICUM of critical thought, please?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And yet, people are still asking "What's the difference between traveling 5 minutes and 5 hours?"

JHFC - just a MODICUM of critical thought, please?
    5 minutes away the trail system is a zoo. 5 hours and I’d be the only person for miles. That’s the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    5 minutes away the trail system is a zoo. 5 hours and I’d be the only person for miles. That’s the difference.
    I just watched a group of 10 people all bent over 6 inches from each other taking off their skis and skins. I witnessed 3 groups of 5ish all together at the grocery store minutes earlier.

At least where I Iive, not too many taking this seriously despite 3 deaths in the county this week. Pretty small county at this point too.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

QFT. Why is it so hard to understand this concept?

You all realize there's a thread dedicated to the topic, right?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=334452

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark
    At least where I Iive, not too many taking this seriously despite 3 deaths in the county this week.
    Nobody is taking it seriously. Coworkers can’t even stop crowding around for no reason all day every day.

the colorado homo
    drove 130 miles to have fun today
    will do 100 miles tomorrow or thursday
    and probably 140 on friday
    and yeah having the front range on lockdown is amazing, why can't we do this more often
    not sure if I'm riding or sking tomorrow life is full of such hard decisions god damn

Nobody is taking it seriously. Coworkers can’t even stop crowding around for no reason all day every day.
    Really, within my circle of friends everybody is taking it vary seriously. Maybe it is the small town thing where people feel a true sense of community and a shared responsibility to each other or maybe it is the fact that people in rural communities have less need to socialize and don't feel fish out of water just chilling by themselves.

But there in lies the rub, the math don't work. Social distancing and vectoring aside, there simply are not enough places for everyone to go. Schools out, people are not working, the ski areas are closed. All you are doing is kicking the can down the road. You made your choices, I made mine.

For every person that drives solo half a tank of gas from home, goes deep in the woods, eats the PB&J they brung and shits in a WAG bag (that Bean FYI), there are 100 people six deep in the SUV going to Berthoud, Marble, Fruita, the Upper C, Rifle or whatever else it may be. The the people that live in those communities are forced to either some more obscure places or they simply stay home.

Its no secret that friction between city folk traveling to recreate and the people that call those places home is at an all time high. Most of the reasons are jingoistic townie bullshit, but some of the facts can't be ignored. In my little slice of heaven, the C Lot is literally full of shit...shut down. A popular trail system accessed though private property has been disrespected by parking shenanigans, off trail use, and flippancy towards the land owners...shut down. Berthoud is on the brink of being shut down...seriously. In short, the apple cart is upset. We have the tourists without the the industry and facilities to benefit from and service the tourists.

So style matters. Often it is not what you do but how you do it. You can point the finger at the other guy and self justify your behavior however you want but that doesn't chance a few critical facts. One, city folk set there life up such that recreating in the mountains and beyond requires a not insignificant amount of travel that is currently not recommended. Two, many rural communities have a lot of people really struggling right now. Between the ski areas and the service industry, I'm guessing we are running about 50% unemployment with many folks not having a lot to fall back on. Three, these are uncharted times and any and all of our actions must be done with consideration for those we share the planet with. If you can't pump the brakes on life for a month or so doing pushups in the basement and watching yoga videos on YouTube perhaps take a look in mirror and think about if you are making this better or worse.

In summary, if you chose to road trip to have fun, I don't think anybody is stopping you. Please feel the weight of the privilege. I know that if I didn't get some solo time outside in nature and a bit of adventure, I'm at risk of severe anxiety and panic attacks so I get it.

Get out, have fun, but try to do so swiftly and silently and have the utmost respect for the residents and communities you visit.

Well said, foggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    For every person that drives solo half a tank of gas from home, goes deep in the woods, eats the PB&J they brung and shits in a WAG bag (that Bean FYI), there are 100 people six deep in the SUV going to Berthoud, Marble, Fruita, the Upper C, Rifle or whatever else it may be.
    Spot on, and as frustrating as it is, we can't make one set of rules for competent people and another for all the gapers wanting to go hit some sweet backcountry now that the resorts are all shut down.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    In summary, if you chose to road trip to have fun, I don't think anybody is stopping you. Please feel the weight of the privilege. I know that if I didn't get some solo time outside in nature and a bit of adventure, I'm at risk of severe anxiety and panic attacks so I get it.
    This. Thank you. Well said.

Seriously, folks, listen to foggy. If you want to get all lawyerly, you can find the loophole, that the shelter in place order doesn't explicitly prohibit travel to mountain trailheads, but it's a loophole. It's fairly obvious that we should all stick very close to home.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy