Page 1282 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 ... LastLast
Results 32,026 to 32,050 of 41274
    Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    These people want special treatment so lets treat them special. Tax the fuck out of them until they leave for the next trendy mountain town.
    Seems like you could build alot of workforce housing with a half % surcharge on non-primary residences.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I believe GCSAR was up in the mines area again today for another snowshoer, that makes 3 call outs in 2 days on BP for them.

Agreed Foggy on what a bummer it is up there, although I don’t live in that area anymore and haven’t been there in years, I spent many days up there in peace and solitude.

The crowds are not bad down here yet but getting busier for sure in Chaffee county.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Interesting article in High Country News about Gunnison County and the second home owners. Wasn't sure where to post it but this thread has a pretty wide ranging discussion. https://www.hcn.org/issues/53.1/sout...-they-hit-back
    Gawd. I'm so glad we don't have as many Texans in Tahoe. We still have entitled, kiss-my-feet, colonizers who are "members of the community" when it suits them and Bay Area-based visitors when not. We also already had a super PAC put hundreds of thousands into PR and influencing certain elected officials when we tried to incorporate Olympic Valley.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    https://www.summitdaily.com/news/loc...summit-county/

same shit different place different shit same entitlment
    "you ask why they don't just become residents?"
    the answer "well I need to keep my residency in florida or texas or some low tax rate state because of taxes you know"
    but I pay property taxes here and run up property values you need me

fuck I hope they all pack up and start going back home on sunday the holiday is over
    yup.
    want their cake and to eat it too.

incredible amount of texas-tag stranger danger in these parts too here lately. Usually playing the fool, too.
    As busy as it's ever been, I hope they go back soon.
    north bound horse.

I'm sure the DMV and Post Offices will be busy processing applications for PO Boxes and Licences. Word on the street from a couple of buddies in the lodging industry is that it is still busy this week.

That HCN article is interesting, but not surprising. As mentioned, this has all been going on for a while, but has intensified this past year. And like most things that try to pass for "jounalism" these days, there are some glaring omissions that apparently didn't fit with that narrative the article is trying to push. Like no mention of the college students when discussing the housing shortage. Of course some of those 3000 students live on campus, but that is a large built-in population taking up plenty of the "affordable" housing. And also no mention of the lawsuit against Gunnison county that got them to drop the order for non-residents to stay the fuck off of their own property. This was filed by a Colorado resident who owns property in the county, but not in Crested Butte.

Some dude triggered two avys in a row: https://durangoherald.com/articles/3...ebWxyahgM4c47E

a little snow and some wind might make the basin fun, best we can hope for right now. skinned up and did two pali laps before work this morning and it seemed like the wind had tried load 13 cornices a little

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Some dude triggered two avys in a row: https://durangoherald.com/articles/3...ebWxyahgM4c47E
    Well cool. They took a big quote from my report about the silly little road cut slide that knocked a guy over who was almost standing on the plow berm. I told the forecaster and he asked me to submit a report because they wanted to collect as much data as possible. There are always more slides and accidents than get reported but they're making an extra effort right now to make lots of noise about the high sketch factor. The more people that see the warnings and stay home or stay safe, the better.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Well cool. They took a big quote from my report about the silly little road cut slide that knocked a guy over who was almost standing on the plow berm. I told the forecaster and he asked me to submit a report because they wanted to collect as much data as possible. There are always more slides and accidents than get reported but they're making an extra effort right now to make lots of noise about the high sketch factor. The more people that see the warnings and stay home or stay safe, the better.
    Yeah, people over their head in these conditions (I’d argue most are) need to stay inbounds, home, or meadow skip like they mean it. That’s exactly what I’m doing. No way am I fucking with this snowpack right now.
    There are so many reports out there of remote triggers from below or nearby that are pretty eye opening.

I was talking to the owners of Man Outfitters here in Breck and they've said hardwood sales have slowed way down just with the terrible avy conditions. go figure

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I was talking to the owners of Man Outfitters here in Breck and they've said hardwood sales have slowed way down just with the terrible avy conditions. go figure
    Haha those autocorrect typos couldn’t be more perfect.

Tough times when Man Outfitters isn’t selling as much hard wood.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Haha those autocorrect typos couldn’t be more perfect.

Tough times when Man Outfitters isn’t selling as much hard wood.
    I always thought he was a little too "friendly"

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I'd chalk it up to the [projected/current] bad snow year more than the avy conditions.

Damn near 40 degrees at the top of Rose Bowl today. While it makes for a comfortable day, damn. I want arctic tundra this time of year up there.

who got rope drop from Pioneer at WP yesterday?

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...6-5238bfb94936

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post

When we got lowered off, they gave us each a $5 voucher for Winter Park food. They said they couldn’t do anything more since we are Ikon pass holders. We are both extremely frustrated at Winter Park.
    The worst part was that we were so cold, we needed something to warm us up ASAP. They snowmobiled us to Olympia Lift where there is a waffle shop with hot chocolate. I get us 2 overpriced hot chocolates and I hand the gift certificates over. They denied the gift certificates since they are not a Winter Park shop.
    I guess since it went COviral, WP coughed up a couple free tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post

That fucking chair has been a problem for YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That fucking chair has been a problem for YEARS.
    Decades actually at this point. Its the same shitty design as the Zepher.

That fucking runout on the bottom 2/3 of Pioneer is the worst! Every year I promise myself I’m not going to hover there and for some reason tell myself it will be ok. I always regret it. This is the year I’m not going to go.

They really need a mid load on that lift.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    That fucking runout on the bottom 2/3 of Pioneer is the worst! Every year I promise myself I’m not going to hover there and for some reason tell myself it will be ok. I always regret it. This is the year I’m not going to go.

Naw - that generally keeps the snowboards off that area.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post

Possibly the worst design of a lift I’ve come across. No reason they couldn’t have designed a mid load or cut a trail from the Olympia lift area to access it better.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    Decades actually at this point. Its the same shitty design as the Zepher.
    It's the same as the Summit Express. The Zephyr was a different model, and the same as most of the other quads. The Summit was the original prototype for that model of lift and the Pioneer came later. I don't know what happened the other day, but the issues with the Pioneer are mostly due to wind.

source: was WP lift mechanic for 6 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Naw - that generally keeps the snowboards off that area.
    Hit Mach 2 on Stagecoach and you can usually make to the lift without unbuckling, but Big Valley has certainly bitten me a few times .

There are some great trees off that lift!

Glad I could provide a touch of humor in these non snowing times.

Managed to catch the little surprise pow day at Keystone yesterday, was actually pretty darn good. Gotta take anything we can get right now, even if it means skiing keystone