Page 1122 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 ... LastLast
Results 28,026 to 28,050 of 41273
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It was beneficial that most people there today didn't know how to ski.
    Always amazed by the sheer quantity of supreme gaperdom at that mountain.

Whatever, I was skiing with people who knew their way around so I played follow the leader all morning. It was definitely fun.

Pretty sure that is 91, I think I just heard a snippet saying a few cars were buried and 15' in places.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

For all the negs keystone gets I think it's a fun mountain when it snows. You can easily rack up 40,000 vert by 2:00 there if that's your thing. Long runouts on every lift, but lots of vert.

Trip to the White Room today
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4837.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	241.4 KB 
ID:	273000

I am scheduled to head into Eiseman Hut Sunday. Thoughts on whether I should go.... route in is avy safe. Supposedly.

The snow back there is several feet deep of fresh. Gonna be a long difficult skin. Steep slope near the hut might be dangerous.

Whelp, I just got approval to finish my PhD primarily working remotely in Denver*. After over 5 years of intermittent skiing and doing long distance with the wife (so she can ski regularly), I am just beyond stoked to catch the second half of the CO season. Move won't be finalized for a few weeks, but I hope to ski a lot of dawn patrols and half days starting April at the latest. Hope to be posting in this thread a lot more. This avy danger put a bit of a damper on our plans to tour this weekend in RMNP. But inbounds should be amazing, minus crowds.

*with trips back to Baltimore if/when needed
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    This avy danger put a bit of a damper on our plans to tour this weekend in RMNP. But inbounds should be amazing, minus crowds.
    I think we'll probably end up at Loveland on Saturday. We should make a turn or two.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Whelp, I just got approval to finish my PhD primarily working remotely in Denver*. After over 5 years of intermittent skiing and doing long distance with the wife (so she can ski regularly), I am just beyond stoked to catch the second half of the CO season. Move won't be finalized for a few weeks, but I hope to ski a lot of dawn patrols and half days starting April at the latest. Hope to be posting in this thread a lot more. This avy danger put a bit of a damper on our plans to tour this weekend in RMNP. But inbounds should be amazing, minus crowds.

*with trips back to Baltimore if/when needed

Fuckin' A -- congrats dude. Lets ski in April / May if you're around.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I think we'll probably end up at Loveland on Saturday. We should make a turn or two.
    Sounding like my plan for Sat. Green Freeride jacket. Hoping it's a Bibby-worthy day. May throw Protests in the truck just for shits and grins.

Loveland sounds like it will be super crowded on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by jesski View Post
    Loveland sounds like it will be super crowded on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    According to whom? Here are you options starting yesterday:

a. really crowded ski areas
    b. potentially dangerous backcounty
    c. drive as far away from the city as you can and cross your fingers

It is what it is. The hype train can't be stopped. It is yet another snowy weekend during the beginning of spring break in a state that is bursting at the seems with probably a cool million season pass holders (IKOM, epic, MC, other). This is skiing today. It will be slower in the spring and midweek. If you can't get used to it, take up a different hobby or move to the Alps.

((whoooosh!))

Sound of something going over your head

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    ((whoooosh!))

Sound of something going over your head
    Maybe. ...or maybe the I'm just over the both the doomsdayers with a bad attitude about the crowds injecting themselves into the mix and the too cool for school experts that think that they can out maneuver the crowds yet still end up in the mix with a bad attitude.

But seriously, I could use an internet consultant. I suck at it. You available? I'm gonna need some whitty memes and .GIFs however. It looks like you program in BASIC.

I feel like this didn't get much attention yesterday:

WTF was the cat operation on Jones pass doing taking clients into the area during extreme avalanche danger yesterday? One client buried and killed now.

WTF was the cat operation on Jones pass doing taking clients into the area during extreme avalanche danger yesterday? One client buried and killed now.
    I'm not saying anyone that is incorrect however please let me know what your source is saying that it is Powder Addiction client that is the deceased?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Maybe. ...or maybe the I'm just over the both the doomsdayers with a bad attitude about the crowds injecting themselves into the mix and the too cool for school experts that think that they can out maneuver the crowds yet still end up in the mix with a bad attitude.

But seriously, I could use an internet consultant. I suck at it. You available? I'm gonna need some whitty memes and .GIFs however. It looks like you program in BASIC.
    Still missing it. jesski was just playing cuz adrenelated and doebedoe are both going to LL on Saturday (and us too probably). She wasn't complaining.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Starting to dump in CB again.

I'm not saying anyone that is incorrect however please let me know what your source is saying that it is Powder Addiction client that is the deceased?
    I'm curious about this as well, I'd heard that they had some people buried in an avy, but I hadn't heard that there was a fatality.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by m90e85 View Post
    I'm curious about this as well, I'd heard that they had some people buried in an avy, but I hadn't heard that there was a fatality.

https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...ep&view=public

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Congrats auvgeek! That’s great news!

Terrible news about the Jones Pass
    incident. I’m so sorry for your loss to those affected.

It is a fatality https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...ep&view=public

Enjoy Loveland. Enjoy Colorado. Enjoy the drive. I'm not pinning anything on you Auv and Jess. As mentioned, I suck at the internet. Your also a PHD, you should be my internet consultant. You must be smart. The interview process starts now, I need memes.

My apologies if this is incorrect info and I'll take it down if it is, but Fritz doesn't seem like the kinda guy to post bad info:

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    A friend’s group got caught in a slide today skiing with jones pass snowcat. One hospitalized but ok I guess. Im kinda shocked they were operating today.

It is a fatality https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...ep&view=public

Enjoy Loveland. Enjoy Colorado. Enjoy the drive. I'm not pinning anything on you Auv and Jess. As mentioned, I suck at the internet. Your also a PHD, you should be my internet consultant. You must be smart. The interview process starts now, I need memes.
    Really sad to hear about the fatality.

Haha, we suck at the interwebz as well. But it would be fun to ski with you sometime. Always enjoy your take on avy stuff and wx.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. No PhD yet -- have to be careful I work enough and actually graduate sometime soon instead of skiing too much...

photos

Thanks for posting that, I hadnt seen that report. It's always unfortunate to see people pass as a result of doing something they love.