Page 1230 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 ... LastLast
Results 30,726 to 30,750 of 41256
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^^ interesting, did not know. had to look it up on google earth to check the terrain. looks like a service road goes to where base of lift would be?? not sure.
    I think you're right. That north facing terrain into Fish Creek will nice and steep!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I think you're right. That north facing terrain into Fish Creek will nice and steep!
    I forsee lots more people spending the night lost out in Fish Creek.

Anyone know if Parnassus/Drainpipe is still filled in with sufficient snow? Wondering if that's an early July possibility.
    In return, some IPW beta...
    - Jasper good - snow lion, various runs and patches off its south and middle flanks, furthest north basin still lots of snow (basin south of Neva & Dorothy); on the return, there's still 500' vert of skiable vert on the skiers right side above the pond (below east end of flank)
    - Skywalker pretty melted out at bottom but still full snow and wide enough to the top; heard secondhand that prob a week or so left
    - Brainard area - looks like road opens tmrw (July 1) with the gate open at 6am, 1030, 12 and 130 till lot above fills to 80% capacity; or park in lower lot and bike in!
    - Anyone gotten eyes on North Star on N Arapahoe?
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    Anyone know if Parnassus/Drainpipe is still filled in with sufficient snow? Wondering if that's an early July possibility.
    In return, some IPW beta...
    - Jasper good - snow lion, various runs and patches off its south and middle flanks, furthest north basin still lots of snow (basin south of Neva & Dorothy); on the return, there's still 500' vert of skiable vert on the skiers right side above the pond (below east end of flank)
    - Skywalker pretty melted out at bottom but still full snow and wide enough to the top; heard secondhand that prob a week or so left
    - Brainard area - looks like road opens tmrw (July 1) with the gate open at 6am, 1030, 12 and 130 till lot above fills to 80% capacity; or park in lower lot and bike in!
    - Anyone gotten eyes on North Star on N Arapahoe?
    Thx
    So with Brainard, say it hits 80% by 7am and stays that way all day. Does that mean they’re not letting in anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So with Brainard, say it hits 80% by 7am and stays that way all day. Does that mean they’re not letting in anyone else?
    Not totally clear, but that's my guess. Here's the link (scroll down to current conditions) - https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/arp/...a/?recid=28182
    I'm guessing they'll have someone up at the lot radioing back to the gate, or monitor once "full" based on cars leaving. Alot of folks do just walk around the lake and leave.
    Also FYI, for Hessie/4th of July, they have a sheriffs officer parked in road at Ned HS that asks folks where they're headed and turns them around if Hessie or 4th trailhead parking is full - at least on the weekends. Actually pretty helpful

welp we'll see how the 4th weekend and the following weeks plays out. I think that'll be a big indicator on the rest of the summer as far as covid is concerned

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    welp we'll see how the 4th weekend and the following weeks plays out. I think that'll be a big indicator on the rest of the summer as far as covid is concerned
    I think CO should put a big sign at all borders saying "MASKS REQUIRED" but that won't happen. So glad I'm not in the service industry right now. People are coming in from TX, AZ, FL etc and just laughing at mask requirements. Pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I think CO should put a big sign at all borders saying "MASKS REQUIRED" but that won't happen. So glad I'm not in the service industry right now. People are coming in from TX, AZ, FL etc and just laughing at mask requirements. Pretty crazy.
    Yeah luckily here at the shop I’ve only had maybe 3 or 4 people total not wearing a mask when coming in. But as long as I wear mine and sanitize a lot I’m not too worried. I’m fortunate that I don’t work at a souvenir shop though.

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    Thx
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    Nope.
    Cool, thank ya. I did a little more digging and didn't seem promising. I missed the window when CC county shut down. Back to the indian peaks

Went to King Soopers today in Louisville, they had a guy at the door enforcing mask requirements (excellent). While I was near the door a guy tried to come in with no mask, was told they were required, and his response was "seriously?" I wanted to turn around and ask him where the fuck he's been the last 4 months?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Went to King Soopers today in Louisville, they had a guy at the door enforcing mask requirements (excellent). While I was near the door a guy tried to come in with no mask, was told they were required, and his response was "seriously?" I wanted to turn around and ask him where the fuck he's been the last 4 months?
    No shit. I could understand people being perplexed on March 17th. Or mid April. But this has been going on a while now. If you don’t carry a mask around with you everywhere by now you are just a dunce. Or if you get caught without one, at least understand what is going on.

I saw a guy turned away from Lowe's because no mask. He yelled, "FUCKING YUPPIES!" And stormed back to his car.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Yuppies? lol

"You're not wrong, Walter..."
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0622.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	333366
    Still some patch skiing in on the west side of Russel/Berthoud Pass.

Eagle Co mandating masks...ahead of moving to next phase. So we can gather in larger groups, but we have to wear a mask. I guess that works, but still avoiding crowds personally.
    Seems like a small uptick in mask usage, but not nearly enough for as close as they are. I mean, we give bicycles a buffer in our cars, can’t they do the same in town with pedestrians?

Sorry, I know this is the weather thread.

this stopped being just the weather thread 1000 pages ago, lol.

this stopped being just the weather thread 1000 pages ago, lol.
    Its going to be raining Saturday

Its going to be raining Saturday
    Wet masks are probably a harder sale.
    Just got a little rain, and hopefully a little more tomorrow and Saturday. It will be nice before next week supposed to be our warmest days of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Wet masks are probably a harder sale.
    Just got a little rain, and hopefully a little more tomorrow and Saturday. It will be nice before next week supposed to be our warmest days of the year.
    I'm all for it, wash the Covid (and fire danger) away!

Good for berries and stuff too. Still a number of bears down low. Our neighbor had some fresh scat this past week.

Rain and lightning came in around 11 and I can only imagine the amount of people scurrying off of 14ers.

What a weird 4th though, working on main st in Breck it just wasn't the same.

We went 4 wheeling up high, perfect activity for a rainy holiday. Wasn't too crowded with other user groups. I guess UTV's don't like the rain?

Still some good turns to be had up high!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	queensway 7-5-20.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	333693

^^^sick