Page 972 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 ... LastLast
Results 24,276 to 24,300 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I have a buddy who gets busted on this one every year. Guessing it’ll force a shitton more people to shitshow county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha. ::buys $110 'discounted' day ticket::

Vail tomorrow will be mostly Eagle County residents and rich, sexy, Mexican muchachas.
    Old's Cool.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

If Zuma’s cornice opens, that’ll be sick. I caught that two years ago during a big cycle and had one long continuous faceshot that entire way down Durrance. Still smile about that one.

Today was downright delicious. First real pow day of the season for me. Did a little hoot n hollering. Looking like tmrw is gonna be a Basin day

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

So glad ULLR fest kept the hungover people off the mtn in Breck until 11 or so. Killer morning on tbar with hardly a line.

I barely remember skiing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sweet! I don’t discriminate against haze.

Zuma opening tomorrow FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The way the wind was loading today it’s going to be super deep back there. I’m blacked out though, will be on brown pow.

Is anyone skiing Arapahoe Basin tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Back bowls open tomorrow too! & blue sky basin. Sounds like a shitshow !
    Please film/take pics if any of ya'll witness this carnage. That stale punchy base is going to DEVOUR many.

5 and 9 opened today, don't know what conditions were since I'm home sick. The storm snow really seems to have added up, though.

Conditions were pretty damn good. Creamy wind whipped snow created great coverage. No hint of a base or ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    No hint of a base or ground.
    Now that's what skiing is supposed to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Is anyone skiing Arapahoe Basin tomorrow?
    I'll be there handing out cupcakes
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

Glad EC AND Summit got some. Our skiing is getting better storm by storm but we still need another 20”
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Glad EC AND Summit got some. Our skiing is getting better storm by storm but we still need another 20”
    Did Aspen really get skunked on this one? Damn, keep hoping for a big day there to use my MC

Jane Update:

I usually say, "you should have been there yesterday" but everyone was there yesterday. I got there about 2pm and even the Corona Lot was full. As usual, thankfully, no lift lines to speak of. After 25yr., somebody figured out that people can't count or alternate. Mark this date in history, "1/12/18 The Super Gay moved away from the "just fucking go" to the "front row!" lift line system. It was perhaps slightly less retarded.

The trees are skiable/almost ready depending on your terrain awareness and abilty to "keep your tips up". The settled snow depth varies from about 40" to 0". Those bitching about no Bird Fart need to catch a clue. The whole deal with that terrain this the evac egress. Patrol has to take sleds down the Eagle Wind to the snowmobile pick up (there is always one there), next is a ski doo ride out to Vasquez then the the base via Whistledick/Village Way/Turnpike whatever it's called these days. This has everything to do with opening this lift. It is a lot of work and requires...snow...to build the road. There is no snowcat access.

Have fun. I think the skiing is pretty good and at least it looks like winter.

Did Aspen really get skunked on this one? Damn, keep hoping for a big day there to use my MC
    We didn’t get skunked, but we didn’t get those types of totals
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Jane Update:

I usually say, "you should have been there yesterday" but everyone was there yesterday. I got there about 2pm and even the Corona Lot was full. As usual, thankfully, no lift lines to speak of. After 25yr., somebody figured out that people can't count or alternate. Mark this date in history, "1/12/18 The Super Gay moved away from the "just fucking go" to the "front row!" lift line system. It was perhaps slightly less retarded.

The trees are skiable/almost ready depending on your terrain awareness and abilty to "keep your tips up". The settled snow depth varies from about 40" to 0". Those bitching about no Bird Fart need to catch a clue. The whole deal with that terrain this the evac egress. Patrol has to take sleds down the Eagle Wind to the snowmobile pick up (there is always one there), next is a ski doo ride out to Vasquez then the the base via Whistledick/Village Way/Turnpike whatever it's called these days. This has everything to do with opening this lift. It is a lot of work and requires...snow...to build the road. There is no snowcat access.

Have fun. I think the skiing is pretty good and at least it looks like winter.
    very nice. I was out on Thurs for those 6"s and the lift line system was the older style so it was indeed 1/12. funny.

I thought the same about the trees. Still about 20" off that magic reported base depth number but enough to get in there. Skiing was pretty good.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    After 25yr., somebody figured out that people can't count or alternate. Mark this date in history, "1/12/18 The Super Gay moved away from the "just fucking go" to the "front row!" lift line system. It was perhaps slightly less retarded.
    A historic day indeed...I have to wonder if this change is just a holiday weekend thing or a permanent change....same story with the Bird Fart bitching every single year, yet people never seem to catch on or forget when they are told the reason time and again. Welcome back Winter!!!!

Aspen Mt’s skiing well. A bunch of DD runs opened and are getting skied in, but there are still some sharks.
    Highlands and Snowmass still have a ways to go.
    Not many lift lines, none if you know what your doing.

The Jane was doing that front row stuff on the super gauge last year at times.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Did the Basin open Zuma Cornice?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Not the cornice
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Not unless it opened late afternoon. We happened to catch the rope drop after coming up Norway. It was really only Columbine and part of Larkspur. Couple of nice deep spots but nothing special. It did help spread the crowd though. They were blasting off the cornice all afternoon...it’s getting close.
    Last edited by ffmedic84; 01-13-2018 at 05:31 PM.

The Beavers at ABasin skied very well today. The hike out seems to be an effective crowd deterrent and the traverse isn't a total death track yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app