Page 1085 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... LastLast
Results 27,101 to 27,125 of 41274
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You need to get out more. Go check out Left Hand OHV, it's way more worthy than Dakota Ridge.
    Nice to hear that is GTG for the bubble boys and girls.

Beav was empty and skied really well. Plenty of chopped up soft snow around. Low sun angle keeps a lot of good stuff shaded throughout the day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Copper was nice and quiet today.
    It has been very manageable all season. If they are expecting Ikon crowds, they sure haven't showed up yet.
    Copper Bowl is thin, but having nearly the entire frontside open in mid December is pretty sweet.
    Flyer chairs are on, they look great!

Anyone going to be around Steamboat on Dec 21-24? I'll be skiing with my 4 year old and my 70 year old mom, but would love to make some turns with someone who knows the area, either in the resort or BC. Would also appreciate any info about how to best ski the resort via PM. Never been there. Suggestions of where to eat/drink are also welcome.

I don't know if we have any Steamboat Locals around these days. I like skiing there. It is what it is. a big mountain devoid of much gnar with generally good conditions.

In terms of tips? When busy (Christmas) the base/gondola area is a total cluster. Do everything you can to get equipment, lessons, tickets sorted sometime other that 8-10:30am.

It is a really easy area to get around that tends to confuse people. I think is is due to the fact that 2d maps don't convey multiple aspects real well. If your crew if up for easy blues, Sunshine Express is a good spot. If you need/want to go inside, Rendezvous Saddle is usually more chill than the other options. Food is real pricy, duh.

There transportation system is real good. Boot up at your lodging, depending on where you are staying, either take the public bus, the lodging shuttle or drive to the Meadow's lot.

It really is a great place to ski with the family. Ask any other questions if you got 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I don't know if we have any Steamboat Locals around these days. I like skiing there. It is what it is. a big mountain devoid of much gnar with generally good conditions.
    Depends on what you like to ski. Not much gnar, sure, but plenty of things to jump off of if you are looking for 5-15' air and know where to go. If you like trees and the snow is right it can be phenomenal.

I agree with FG, park in meadows. Buses are frequent and it's free, easy and close. Gondola gets ridiculous between, say, 8:45 and 10:30. Get up the mountain and don't come back down. With your crew I'd think about the Sunshine as FG mentioned. Big easy blues but you can duck into the woods on either side and play around at least a little while the rest of the group rides the open spaces. But lots of tourists over there I think. Typically I avoid that area but it sounds right for your group and far better than the Thunderhead Express area, which is mostly a cluster.

So pretty much everything FG said.

I'm a 'Boat homer. It's a great hill.

When you're not lapping Sunnyside with the family, the trees are the main attraction. Don't expect steep & technical, less areas like No Name or Christmas Tree, but they are very well spaced and quite long so you can absolutely rip through them. Favorites....Fletcher, Triangle 3, Left Vagabond, Shadows/Closets, 130, and Twilight.

Steamboat has some good food options. Salt and Lime on main is good tacos and margaritas but it’ll cost ya. I like Mountain Tap for pizza and beer. The big Mexican restaurant on main sucks. Freshies has great breakfast and lunch. Slopeside and the tbar are good for a lunch stop while you are on the hill. Sunpie’s is a great dive bar. I love that they call it a bistro.

As far as skiing, pray for pow. Don’t go into fish creek alone, and Xmas tree bowl is about the only interesting terrain and you gotta lap two slow ass lifts to ride it. Otherwise just poke into the trees when you can. Don’t expect much, but if you get pow the place is aight.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    you gotta lap two slow ass lifts to ride it.
    This is probably one of the biggest issues, though if there was a direct lift the place would hold snow a lot less well.

I PM'd ya something that'll be fun for the kid...

I am fond of O'Neils for some Irish pub fair. It's downtown and downstairs. Nice and cozy, food is great.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Thanks all.

My sister is going to Steamboat Dec 27-Jan 2. From FL, with 3 other families. 18 people total. My BIL just called me and asked where this crowd can go for dinner. He wants everyone together and reasonable prices. During the holidays. He couldn’t see me roll my eyes. I’ll be playing local tour guide trying to drag this crew around the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

*vibes*

I don't know what reasonable means in the context of a ski vacation at Steamboat in the holidays. That said, make a reservation for the Ore House upstairs. It is very Colorado-y, the food is good, and it works for big groups.

What is the best family oriented strip club in Steamboat?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    What is the best family oriented strip club in Steamboat?
    Finally an answer and question that actually resembles this place.

And all the best strip clubs are in Yampa, Oak Creek, and Craig.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I don't know what reasonable means in the context of a ski vacation at Steamboat in the holidays. That said, make a reservation for the Ore House upstairs. It is very Colorado-y, the food is good, and it works for big groups.
    Yeah, this is probably about your only option, and a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post

wow mad respect for steamboat, just when I thought the place was over rated
    strip clubs nearby?

my next vacation might be there
    my only concern is they import the girls from places like rangely and wyoming

and yeah vibes to the party of 18 going out to dinner we call that a "door buster" ouch

Reasonable prices would be under $20/person. Considering half this group will be teenagers. So steakhouses are out.
    Kurt told me he called a few places and they pretty much laughed at him. Only one place accepted the group size. The new resort restaurant Timber & Torch. I think they will be eating in the condo most of the time.

And since they are "kinda" on a budget, I could recommend Strawberry Hot Springs at night over the strip club?

Strawberry Hot Springs is a nice non-skiing thing to do in the Steamboat springs area.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post

There's a strip club in Craig? No wonder so many hoes message me from there.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Strawberry Hot Springs is a nice non-skiing thing to do in the Steamboat springs area.
    Last few times I've been (during the day in the summer) I've been pretty disappointed. Weird management, dudes directing parking were assholes, then tried to collect money from us twice because we went on a bike ride before using the springs. I don't why it would be so hard for them to regulate but they seemed pretty strung out. Also, full bus loads of people showing up at once really kills the vibe. Place has turned into kind of a shitshow. Maybe it is different in winter, but I don't know.

XC skiing on Rabbit Ears is cool if you are into that kinda thing. If you are skiing with beginners, head to Howlsen hill for a day to switch it up. Actually a kinda fun hill and cheaper than the Boat but not on the Ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Reasonable prices would be under $20/person. Considering half this group will be teenagers. So steakhouses are out.
    Kurt told me he called a few places and they pretty much laughed at him. Only one place accepted the group size. The new resort restaurant Timber & Torch. I think they will be eating in the condo most of the time.

And since they are "kinda" on a budget, I could recommend Strawberry Hot Springs at night over the strip club?
    there is a big difference between nudists and a strip club
    for example I"m a nudist and comfortable with my body in public
    just think if people are coming to colorado on vacation on the highest of high seasons, throw in some public nudity, leagle weed, crowded slopes, and bitter locals, why would they come back?

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Xmas tree bowl is about the only interesting terrain and you gotta lap two slow ass lifts to ride it.
    Do it the old way, and just hike up. It's faster than poling across the flats to the stupid Morningwood lift or whatever it's called.

Anyone been to Crested Butte recently? Looking to head down for a couple of nights next week. Looks like a lot of the steeps are closed