Page 1419 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 ... LastLast
Results 35,451 to 35,475 of 41292
    this video is crazy (don't know how to embed twitter videos)
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1476757009122873351
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This just makes me sick. And there were just a couple of big wind gusts past my place in south Boulder.

So sorry to see this. Vibes to all. Fuck

The news is saying winds are picking up. Wth? New houses still igniting.

Yeah, I can hear them blowing again.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yea, the wind gusts have recently picked up in south Boulder. I am cringing with each gust, thinking of the folks downwind in the fire zone.

I lost my home in a house fire 2 years ago. If i can offer any advice to affected folks, hit me up. So sorry for all involved, most important thing is that you and your lived ones are safe.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Hey Kinnikinnick, that’s the CalTopo Fire Activity tool.

Good luck mang.
    Thx

Parked at friend’s place in Boulder.

No idea about our place. Several other families that we know have definitely lost their homes in Louisville and Superior.

A strike of shitty luck out of nowhere.

When will 2020 end?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

We lost a bunch of services at work (in the mountains)... found it was because they had to shut off air handlers at Avista which is where some servers are located... overheated the IT closets. Then Avista Adventist Hospital had to evac all the patients... In the middle of a wind/fire storm in the middle of pandemic with shortages of ambulances and transfer beds, they had to evac. The fires licked the Hospital walls.

600+ homes... so much loss... property can be replaced... but that was a lot of people's pets.

I was gonna offer my extra bedrooms if needed, but then they turned off my electricity for 6 hours "to reduce furnaces using natural gas." Mildly annoying, and they might do it some more... at least its only 18f out... hopefully not still happening in two nights when it will be -10f... but my house didn't burn down and my cats are fine so I'm just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I have a friend that lives off of McCaslin just southwest of Coalton. I assume that neighborhood is gone but any info is appreciated.

link to updated map
    https://bouldercounty.maps.arcgis.co...50df0ca0f00fc5

sorry to hear kinn, im just south over the ridge. was a stressful evening for sure

calm morning, snow to roll in mid day

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

600+ homes... so much loss... property can be replaced... but that was a lot of people's pets.

I was gonna offer my extra bedrooms if needed, but then they turned off my electricity for 6 hours "to reduce furnaces using natural gas." Mildly annoying, and they might do it some more... at least its only 18f out... hopefully not still happening in two nights when it will be -10f... but my house didn't burn down and my cats are fine so I'm just fine.
    I’m willing to bet the final number will be over a thousand, maybe closer to 2000 homes lost. The devastation is unreal.

Just crazy. Was driving south yesterday on 287 b/t FC and Loveland and couldn’t tell what I was seeing. Kinda looked like another snow squall. Amazing how big it looked from that far north too. Once I got closer could tell what it was and could also see the smaller fire burning out by Altona.

Vibes to all affected. Devastating.

CBAC went with a black rose today for part of the forecast area, 14 new and 89" storm total so far. Hope some of this snow reaches Boulder soon.

Looks like our house dodged the bullet. Friends got in at 3am and took a picture of our place in Lville

We are on a grassy openspace and I thought we were toast but got lucky that it went south and north instead of due east.

Gonna be a lot of friends not so lucky though.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I believe we also dodged a bullet. In Rock Creek, still have yet to get in but all the maps and pictures look ok.

This appears to be up to date.

https://bouldercounty.maps.arcgis.co...50df0ca0f00fc5

My sister got lucky too, she’s out of town but heard from a neighbor this morning that their entire neighborhood was spared. The subdivision across the street is gone.

Holeeee shit!! This is heartbreaking!!! Vibes to all

I got room for one or two peeps over here in my longmont apartment.

Sorry to hear about this. Fuck!

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Snow falling in Boulder. Bring it.

latest actual fire map I saw

I'm not of fb but I read there's a page for trying to find or found lost pets/animals. I just can't even with such a tremendous loss of sentient life, those are not replaceable. It bothers me the news reports say no fatalities, yet probably dozens if not hundred of peoples pet's are gone. My pets are my children. Ugh.

Screenshot from part of Rock Creek neighborhood:

Name:  SuperiorFire2021RockCreek.jpeg
Views: 483
Size:  83.8 KB

I'm safe in the mountains and I should be skiing this fresh soon, we are finally getting a decent dump, but I can't help but feel sorrow for all the peeps down there whose world changed within a few short hours. Where are they gonna go? There's not enough housing for all of them again. Rents are sky high. Many rentals won't allow pets. Building and housing supply shortage. It's sickening.

That picture is sickening, Jax.

I have looked at a lot of these neighborhoods as potential places to live over the years if I left Boulder proper, so weird to think about the what ifs.

On my way to superior to check on a friends place. If someone needs me to check on something for them lemme know.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I have looked at a lot of these neighborhoods as potential places to live over the years if I left Boulder proper, so weird to think about the what ifs.
    Same. Almost moved to Rock Creek before we landed our place in Louisville near Old Town, 2001-ish.

The snow is a double-edged sword for those who wish to rummage through the rubble of their lost home, hoping to find a precious memento, photo or something, anything left of value. Now it will be soaked and covered in snow. An additional punch to the gut.

I sure hope they can restore power and gas to the area quickly to avoid frozen pipes in the homes that are still there.