Page 1302 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 ... LastLast
Results 32,526 to 32,550 of 41291
    I ended up with twice as much snow in my yard at 7500' as there was on top of Ajax. I still haven't gotten the results I like to see from my tree-skiing safety snow depth assessment: I'm still melting the snow down to the dirt every time I take a leak in the woods.

VP did not suck yesterday. Abasin kinda did though.

Chased the storm to Powderhorn yesterday, and it didn't suck. Thanks simple for the camp spot recommendation, we ended up at a different spot but very close to the one you sent me. It all worked out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miles-send-the-jump-05.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	360632

Full trip report if you're into reading words and looking at pictures and junk: Miles, send the jump!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Heading to Silverton in a few weeks. Curious if the single heli drop is worth it...
    IMO, not worth it.

They will just fly you accross the basin to pyramid or grassy, which are pretty mellow.

Meanwhile you'll miss out on the first two runs of your guided day that are quite likely to be just as good or much better than the heli drop.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Unless it is flight for life... or actually, if it saves your life, maybe it is worth it. Either way FFL bills are usually > Heli skiing bills. But I digress.
    Can confirm. Pagosa to Centennial on your own private medical jet is 90K. Your insurance will argue that the flight was 'not medically necessary' and out of network. Though the drugs were plentiful, 10/10 would not recommend.

Pretty much the first actual pow day in Breck this mornin. Patrol sayin t bar should finally open in a couple days

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Can confirm. Pagosa to Centennial on your own private medical jet is 90K. Your insurance will argue that the flight was 'not medically necessary' and out of network. Though the drugs were plentiful, 10/10 would not recommend.
    Damn, hope you got a lawyer for that shit.

The wife's heli ride from Fairplay to Lakewood was 40K, but insurance covered it.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

NW flow delivered a goosegg to southern RMNP / northern IPW zones. If you’re looking for rocks, suncrust, sastrugi and collapsing facets, that is the place for you

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    NW flow delivered a goosegg to southern RMNP / northern IPW zones. If you’re looking for rocks, suncrust, sastrugi and collapsing facets, that is the place for you
    My kind of skiing. IN.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sounds delish.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Damn, hope you got a lawyer for that shit.

The wife's heli ride from Fairplay to Lakewood was 40K, but insurance covered it.
    Hope she is healed up! My situation is still up in the air nearly a year later so haven't got to fighting the bill myself yet. Apparently the flight company goes to battle with insurance for as long as they can, they take whatever they finally get if anything, then supposedly will work with me on the balance if there is one. Haven't heard anything on it in 6 months. It wasn't 'life' saving as I wasn't gonna die (right away) but got me swiftly to a place where I needed to be, so in the end certainly worth it even if I end up with the tab.

So...avoid impromptu medical flights and do 3 drops at Silverton if you can manage, that's the lesson here.

It’s a heli flight in the San Juans , it does not suck.

We’ve flown on most of our trips. General flow is 1x goes across the valley to Pyramid or Grassy Bowl, 2x adds Sandwich Chutes (gnarly lines east of Grande), 3x adds Zone 7 in a whole different drainage. A full day is more time in Zone 7 and beyond. My vote is 2-3 drops so you get into some premium terrain!

Skip if it’s nuking, as you’ll get to hot lap the <5 minute hikes right off the lift. Those are good days.
    Sounds like 2 is better than 1...imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Chased the storm to Powderhorn yesterday, and it didn't suck. Thanks simple for the camp spot recommendation, we ended up at a different spot but very close to the one you sent me. It all worked out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miles-send-the-jump-05.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	360632

Full trip report if you're into reading words and looking at pictures and junk: Miles, send the jump!
    You and the mayor, doing it right. That looks like fun.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So how big is this storm Wed-Thurs? Wax up the big stix?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Come on, man... you know better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Well, I’m coming down to ride bikes on Thursday, so maybe 5 feet in Golden?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Riding bikes in Golden on Thursday? Looks like only an inch or two for the metro area, but that's going to screw any fun riding.

I wouldn't bother making the drive unless you're already here for something else (which I'm assuming you are).

You for serious, bro?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Well, sort of. I am delivering Full Trucker’s fat bikes, and bringing down a rescue kitty that needs to be in Denver for some reason. My work trip got cancelled due to COVID, but they are paying me for the miles anyway. I will have a fat bike and a trail bike. If it’s too crappy, I am prepared to drive to St. George for some dry dirt.

In search of dirt during a potential chance for snow. Thank you for your service, every little bit counts.

Well, sort of. I am delivering Full Trucker’s fat bikes, and bringing down a rescue kitty that needs to be in Denver for some reason. My work trip got cancelled due to COVID, but they are paying me for the miles anyway. I will have a fat bike and a trail bike. If it’s too crappy, I am prepared to drive to St. George for some dry dirt.
    I think its going to change Wednesday, but things looked pretty dry and rideable along I70 from Green River to GJ today. Almost wished I had my bike with me. Almost.

You will be totally fine. Doesn’t snow here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I think its going to change Wednesday, but things looked pretty dry and rideable along I70 from Green River to GJ today. Almost wished I had my bike with me. Almost.
    I will be keeping my eyes on GJ, for sure. Lunch Loops would be sooo fun right now...

This is hopefully going to be the #joelfactor storm that kills the #joelfactor.

When I hear worn out broke ass locals bitching that they were too tired to ski on a Monday, because they got tired slaying the big lift waiting line all day on Sunday, saying Thursday is going to be full on epic, I just double mask and as the kids say, SMMFH.

I see OpenSnow is only giving 4 free daily snows a week now