Page 1133 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 ... LastLast
Results 28,301 to 28,325 of 41032
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Which tribe are you from?

Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Eastern European Bohemian. But that's beside the point.

Saturday not Sunday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8677.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	275012   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8678.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	682.3 KB 
ID:	275013  
    Last edited by FringeLife; 03-19-2019 at 07:58 PM.

First day of Spring... Winter 2018-19 you were a damn good one.

Quote Originally Posted by FringeLife View Post
    Eastern European Bohemian. But that's beside the point.

Saturday not Sunday.
    That pocket in n chute is way more protected and gets skied more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That pocket in n chute is way more protected and gets skied more.
    Russel N Chute is more protected/less loaded than the upper start zones of Widowmaker/Frankenstein sure, but than the portion below the cliffs where the slide broke? I don't think so.
    It definitely gets skied more but nearly enough to provide any sort of meaningful skier compaction.

Random thread drift, but does anyone know if there is cell service (verizon) at the jackal hut? I feel like I have had it at fowler hilliard before.

Quote Originally Posted by PaDuKa View Post
    Random thread drift, but does anyone know if there is cell service (verizon) at the jackal hut? I feel like I have had it at fowler hilliard before.
    Yes/maybe. I was there last month, and most people got *some* cell service. It seemed like people were going to the second floor window and holding their phone up to get consistent service. So few got good service, but all got some, it seemed.

However, I had perfect LTE service. It might have been the first time that I was the one in a group with the best service. I'm on Google Fi, using a Pixel 3.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes/maybe. I was there last month, and most people got *some* cell service. It seemed like people were going to the second floor window and holding their phone up to get consistent service. So few got good service, but all got some, it seemed.

However, I had perfect LTE service. It might have been the first time that I was the one in a group with the best service. I'm on Google Fi, using a Pixel 3.
    Thanks. That should be good enough.

Name:  1EBCB5E7-569F-49DB-8724-0B5FBCC887F5.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  129.0 KB

Comparison to some
    Historical years
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Name:  1EBCB5E7-569F-49DB-8724-0B5FBCC887F5.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  129.0 KB

Comparison to some
    Historical years
    Ohhhhhh 2011...you were fucking magic. ❤️
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Ohhhhhh 2011...you were fucking magic. ❤️
    Yeah, and iirc good stability most of the year. We were skiing big stuff starting in Feb. unlike this year which has been relegated to inbounds mostly.

Where did you find that, Montanaskier? I'd love to see it for the Gunnison basin- not sure '10-'11 would even be on there (it was good, but not that special, certainly no '07-'08). No way last year made it to average, either.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    First day of Spring... Winter 2018-19 you were a damn good one.
    This.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Where did you find that, Montanaskier? I'd love to see it for the Gunnison basin- not sure '10-'11 would even be on there (it was good, but not that special, certainly no '07-'08). No way last year made it to average, either.
    NWS-Boulder Facebook
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Were some ballsy tracks on Berthoud in Hells Half Acre and the east face of Russell on Sunday. Guess they have a different risk tolerances than I.

Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app
    More like a different risk perception, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    When's the next refresh? I feel we've been spoiled this season. Also props to everyone skiing the east wall at the basin. Nothin' like a little hikey hike for some fresh avvy debris, rocks, and chopped crust.
    Looks like we might get a little bit into this weekend, but I'm ready for melt/freeze to settle out the pack. THEN spring upslope refreshes.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Predictably, Copper was nearly straight ice today.

Shit, might have to be golf this weekend. Anybody been up in IPW, JPW, or the park lately? That big cycle spooked me so haven't been up there in a while. Anybody have any recent alpine observations, snowpit analyses, etc. from this zone?

https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal...cs144p2_063323

You can click different river basins on the map, but for maximum nerding out, click the "interactive SNOTEL charts" link below the map.

Skied crested butte yesterday didn’t make it on the slopes till 1 but did a few laps on the peel and whatnot, spring like conditions. Waiting for things to thaw, hoping to find better snow on the north side today, I love this place, happy for everyone that calls this place home

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal...cs144p2_063323

You can click different river basins on the map, but for maximum nerding out, click the "interactive SNOTEL charts" link below the map.
    Yeah, discovered that yesterday and played around a bit. Confirmed my belief that '11 was good but nothing special in CB. 93, 97, 05, 08, 17 and 19- those are the years.

What was really interesting is that those early 80's years that all the old timers make out to be out of this world are really in the same boat as the ones I list above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Skied crested butte yesterday didn’t make it on the slopes till 1 but did a few laps on the peel and whatnot, spring like conditions. Waiting for things to thaw, hoping to find better snow on the north side today, I love this place, happy for everyone that calls this place home
    Haha, thanks, it's a good place to be. Hope we get a bit of a refresh for ya.

Yeah, discovered that yesterday and played around a bit. Confirmed my belief that '11 was good but nothing special in CB. 93, 97, 05, 08, 17 and 19- those are the years.

What was really interesting is that those early 80's years that all the old timers make out to be out of this world are really in the same boat as the ones I list above.
    Man, I remember 97 well, skiing the North Face in early December. Stellar. That was actually the last time I skied in alpine gear.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think it just highlight that skiing experiences are not solely measured by snowfall. I can remember days, weeks, runs, turns but I really have a hard time remembering the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I think it just highlight that skiing experiences are not solely measured by snowfall. I can remember days, weeks, runs, turns but I really have a hard time remembering the year.
    True, not to mention those old timers were hiking for all the good stuff at CB back then. Of course it skied better.

Loveland today had just enough dust on the crust to be really fun. day 72 was a good one.

How's Jane gonna ski tomorrow?

I'm highly considering cooking up some C lot breakfast tacos tomorrow? My seven days of tacos adventure ended in a somewhat disappointing fashion so the TAKOKON might have to be extended.

For those Coloradans that don't know, a breakfast taco is similar to a breakfast burrito except it has fewer than 30 ingredients and usually weighs less than two pounds. In this case I'm thinking pork in bacon or breakfast sausage form, egg and cheese with some salsa or pico. Chorizo also possible. I need takers to make it worth the purchase at all, otherwise, I'll probably be eating a fucking sausage mcmuffin without egg. Maybe two. Lemme know!!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!