Page 1082 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... LastLast
Results 27,026 to 27,050 of 41032
    I heard they are planning a hudge parking garage and will be charging $40 a day to park. And they'll be accepting Ikon and Epic passes since they are basically just a restaurant group with snow to ski between pubs and restaurant now. Also heard they were thinking about a brewery (That one actually might be true)..

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I heard they are planning a hudge parking garage and will be charging $40 a day to park. And they'll be accepting Ikon and Epic passes since they are basically just a restaurant group with snow to ski between pubs and restaurant now. Also heard they were thinking about a brewery (That one actually might be true)..
    Where did you hear that? Do you have inside info?

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    When will the basin/loveland gondola be built?
    The “ultimate pass”, a basin, eldora, and Loveland, with a tram in between them would be so sweet

I would love an ABasin, Copper and Loveland Pass. Sold to Colorado residents only.

Hey,

Since this is no longer a weather thread, did you guys know about this?

https://coloradosun.com/2018/12/11/c...-new-law-2019/

We may actually see some good beer prices at City Market in the mountains now!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I would love an ABasin, Copper and Loveland Pass. Sold to Colorado residents only.
    What a fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Did you miss the part where season pass sales went from 750k to 925k? The stock took a hit because of timing, and because investors don’t know what the hell they’re doing.
    Well, it's really hard to evaluate just on that number. The growth of sales and revenue slowed, and the simple fact that more passes were sold doesn't mean anything on its own, given the number of resorts they added. Of course, that doesn't mean that they're going down the tubes either.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

That place needs an Underoos party. #keepthejanedirty
    Slow start to my season, been out of town.

I was at Pep’s for like 3 hrs this afternoon. Skied some too.

I’ll be there on Thursday. Big throwdown on Dec 20.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Wish that were the case. Boot penetration tests say otherwise. Punchy. Feels great on the board but still not trusting it quite yet.
    Thanks for the honesty. We haven’t had much of a snowpack conversation here yet, have we? I haven’t been up yet but have been at least trying to observe and make some notes on temps, wind, and other significant weather events. Anybody have some early season zone assessments or just some general observations post em up here.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Wish that were the case. Boot penetration tests say otherwise. Punchy. Feels great on the board but still not trusting it quite yet.
    Guess that depends where you’re skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Guess that depends where you’re skiing.
    Yeah, didn’t feel punchy to me either. It was one deep layer on top of the early season’s garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Thanks for the honesty. We haven’t had much of a snowpack conversation here yet, have we? I haven’t been up yet but have been at least trying to observe and make some notes on temps, wind, and other significant weather events. Anybody have some early season zone assessments or just some general observations post em up here.
    I haven't been out a ton, but everywhere I have been has the typical slab over junk that we pretty much always see in Colorado, and on pretty much all aspects. I've been to the Berthoud/Jones area and Vail Pass/Blue Sky Basin vicinity at and below treeline on every aspect. The slab is quite a bit thinner and less cohesive on solar aspects and lower elevations, as you would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yeah, didn’t feel punchy to me either. It was one deep layer on top of the early season’s garbage.
    And that doesn't feel punchy to you with boot penetration?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    everywhere I have been has the typical slab over junk that we pretty much always see in Colorado, and on pretty much all aspects.
    That's what up in the Indian Peaks. In some places the slab is pretty much impenetrable. Mostly it's not.

My observations match adrenalated from the LP and VP areas
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Yeah, typical garbage on the bottom (though a bit less bad than usual). But I wasn’t really seeing any other major midpack layers which is nice and a bit different. Unless I looked at solar aspects with crusts of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    The “ultimate pass”, a basin, eldora, and Loveland, with a tram in between them would be so sweet
    Eldora to Loveland would be one long ass tram, better include couches and a bar for that one.

I, from the Loveland Pass, Eldora, RMNP, and Cameron Pass zones , have seen the typical facets at the bottom (other than deep areas around the ridges) and varying layers of crusts and pow above that. Cameron there seemed to be a mid pack surface hoar layer at times. If I broke through the top 18” while skinning I’d suddenly slide backwards on a slippery layer.

The trend is still towards Faceting and weakening of the snowpack

Temperature Gradient is in full effect this time of year. Perhaps not as strong as years with 10” on the ground but it’s there. For example Anywhere where the snowdepth is 40” = 100cm anytime the temperature is below -10C /14F there is likely a strong TG and therefore facet development. So for example on Loveland Pass tonight the forecast low temp is -2F or - 19 and the snow depth is say 40” then there is almost a 2C/10cm TG which is a strong TG = Faceting

Get above 60-70” and the Faceting will be minimal

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Eldora to Loveland would be one long ass tram, better include couches and a bar for that one.
    That'll be $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Get above 60-70” and the Faceting will be minimal

Local forecaster used 1.3M as the ballpark faceting will stop #.

Snowpack in CB is worse than average from my avy perspective. We had a bit better than average Oct storm cycle but missed out on those early Nov storms- all of which added up to a pretty faceted snowpack when the Thanksgiving storm hit.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post

I love how he skis over the side of the crown after setting off the first one and sets off another small one.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    "I don't always huck, but when I do, I huck into the moving debris of the slide that I just kicked off and don't stick the landing."
    Last edited by Summit; 12-12-2018 at 02:16 PM.

*I think I'll stop and look around for awhile. Cool. Now I'm gonna ski over the crown and stop again. Cool, a little bit more slid. Welp, guess I'll huck this rock band I almost got swept over, later bros*

"Multiple slides on the same face from today? I sure this line will be fine tho"