Page 1080 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 ... LastLast
Results 26,976 to 27,000 of 41032
    My brother just sent me this pic from vail, coming down nicely, get on your boards dude! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5036.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	259232

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Wanker Park voted best ski area in NA!!

https://theknow.denverpost.com/2018/...b265ZP2lZW2wYQ

"After failing to make the list last year, Winter Park Resort beat out other Colorado resorts Copper Mountain, which came in fifth, and Telluride, which came in tenth."

I can think of maybe 50 other ski areas I'd rather visit. Now biking in the summer otoh...
    Now that’s just funny. But if it sends all the gapes that way, I’m all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    Had almost same situation last year with our little guys, 5.5 and 4 at the time. They basically got private lessons at a basin bc the staff recognized they could ride the lift and link turns despite needing help getting on the lift. Boys could ski some blues after that day and we got to ski the basin while they learned those skills. Would highly recommend. And that 4pack makes it very affordable.
    That's what I'm looking for. I've heard Winter Park operates similarly, but Abasin lessons are much cheaper with the four pack, and I prefer to ski there. Thanks all.

The beaversClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5043.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	259240

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    The beaversClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5043.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	259240

The Beavers suck. Tell your friends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1795.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	259345
    Big sleeper pow day on Cameron. Slept in and slow rolled up the canyon for a 11 start. We were expecting leftovers or a slight dusting... a foot of cold smoke waiting for us in the bowl. The "soft on soft" is getting deep! Skied till dark! Unbelievable start to the season. 140 cm deep at 11K

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1795.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	259345
    Big sleeper pow day on Cameron. Slept in and slow rolled up the canyon for a 11 start. We were expecting leftovers or a slight dusting... a foot of cold smoke waiting for us in the bowl. The "soft on soft" is getting deep! Skied till dark! Unbelievable start to the season. 140 cm deep at 11K
    Montgomery bowl? Looks like a blast

#the real colorado skier

I only shred when the conditions are upmost perfect, otherwise the mountains are not worthy of my participation, so I sit at home and wait for awesome conditions, like myself

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I have ski lesson for 4 year old question:

I was going to put my boy in a multiweek program at Eldora for the sake of convenience, but:
    A) I don't want to ski at Eldora,
    B) A friend with a five year old who did the program last year told me it was a waste of time for kids who are ready for more than their miniscule magic carpet, and that the staff didn't seem to give a shit. Same friend had high praise for Winter Park ski school for the same kid.
    C) Eldora's announcement yesterday that they're going to charge for parking on the weekend makes me even more happy to spend my money elsewhere.

So I'll put the money I budgeted toward the Eldora program to some day lessons elsewhere. Probably on some Fridays. Which mountains will do a good job with a kid who is too short to get on a lift by himself, but can ski for 3-4 hours straight, handle some blue runs, and suddenly thinks he's too rad for the magic carpet (although there is plenty he could still learn there)? This is a kid who responds better to a challenge than to instructions. I'm not expecting the world, just want him to have a great day.

We have IKON base and Keystone/Abasin passes. Is Eldora the only spot that screws this up so badly? I strongly prefer skiing Abasin. How do they do with small children? Would I be better off dropping him at Keystone and shuttling myself up to Abasin?

Thanks
    Big fan of the Basin ski school, especially if you do the 4 pack of lessons which keeps the same instructor and group of kids together. No wasting time determining what level they should be at each week, allows the kids to make some friends that they ski with and they continue where they left off the week prior (and you don't have to ski at Eldora or keystone). Holler if you end of doing the Jan Saturday session as we'll be there for the 7th year in a row between the two kids

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Holler if you end of doing the Jan Saturday session as we'll be there for the 7th year in a row between the two kids
    Hmmm. That might work. We're staying with friends at Keystone one of those weekends, but an excuse to get everyone to not ski Keystone just might work. I'll let you know if I go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    #the real colorado skier

I only shred when the conditions are upmost perfect, otherwise the mountains are not worthy of my participation, so I sit at home and wait for awesome conditions, like myself
    Sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Big fan of the Basin ski school, especially if you do the 4 pack of lessons which keeps the same instructor and group of kids together. No wasting time determining what level they should be at each week, allows the kids to make some friends that they ski with and they continue where they left off the week prior (and you don't have to ski at Eldora or keystone). Holler if you end of doing the Jan Saturday session as we'll be there for the 7th year in a row between the two kids
    https://www.arapahoebasin.com/lesson...kids-programs/

I did part time instructing at A-basin last year and was super impressed. They do a great job and the goal is progression, not just baby-sitting. The clubs especially are worth looking into as the kids will be with the same instructor most of the time. Also, a lot of the instructors are top notch, not just kids working for one Winter.

Berthoud is damn deep right now.

Vail Pass was mighty nice a deep this weekend too.

Took pup out in the meadows of Coon hill yesterday. Suprised me with how deep snow was -- pup was empty after just one lap.

Yeah, the snowpack in a lot of areas feels like one big deep layer instead of multiple layers. Haven’t had that significant dry or warmup event yet.

Wish that were the case. Boot penetration tests say otherwise. Punchy. Feels great on the board but still not trusting it quite yet.

WP/MJ was surprisingly soft yesterday, really enjoyable. Of note, multiple lift rides with first time MJ skiers/riders who had switched from EPIC. Good news is they don't know where the soft snow falls yet. Too bad the season is only slightly above average. My enjoyment will have to be tempered back to slightly above average.

Oh, and another vote for 4 pack lessons at Basin. Professional experience, and daughter really progressed that year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Definitely need to hit up WP/MJ mags for a guided tour.

Having gone Ikonik this year, it's been 19 years since I had a pass there.

All I remember is an interminable series of green runs and lift rides to get back to MJ after a Vasquez Cirque run - that and MJ bumps.

From what you folks are saying, it sounds as if quite a few trees have been thinned on the MJ side. I can deal with that ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

For kids, A-basin has 2 days ski free and 50% off first timer lesson so I got that for my daughter. I think Keystone is ski free for 7 and under so we'll hit that up as well. Glad we skipped Eldora after all.

Sent from my moto x4 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Definitely need to hit up WP/MJ mags for a guided tour.

Having gone Ikonik this year, it's been 19 years since I had a pass there.

All I remember is an interminable series of green runs and lift rides to get back to MJ after a Vasquez Cirque run - that and MJ bumps.

From what you folks are saying, it sounds as if quite a few trees have been thinned on the MJ side. I can deal with that ;-)

... Thom
    There's a lift that makes getting back from the cirque much easier now. And they easily have the best tree skiing of any front range resort and possibly the state.

Knocks on the place are little above treeline high alpine stuff and what is there isn't lappable.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

What WP lacks in steeps and above treeline terrain, it makes up with trees and bumps that don’t hardly get tracked out all day. Sunday was surprisingly good.
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 12-11-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks! Definitely looking forward to a nice change of pace
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    bumps that don’t hardly get tracked out all day
    Untracked bumps are what I live for

looks like winter is coming to an end

40's by the end of the week...............