Page 1408 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 ... LastLast
Results 35,176 to 35,200 of 41251
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    been talking about this alot the past year with "locals" (tm) it's all they know, unlike the above average tgr skier colorado outdoorsy person, they don't have trails out their front door they don't have a gondola a fifteen minute walk from their house, they live somewhere vanilla, they get a couple weeks off for vacation a year, usually around school breaks and holidays but you know what 95% of the people in the photo are having the time of their life right now and enjoying themselves to a degree that the average tgr poster might not know

meanwhile every hardcore colo bro is warming the rig up and heading to wolf creek to flounder around on short little pow pow runs this weekend that will be labeled all time hardcore pretty much replicating the same bullshit all the gapers are doing in the photo but on a different scale

it's the time of year pretty reflective on shit and I decided to stick around another year to watch the madness that has been my home for many many years too long
    this

A few years ago I was teaching at Breck on Dec 26 and they said 26,000 visitors on the hill that day. Stuck in my mind, but maybe I have it all wrong. Anyway, I loved that ski school lane with all my heart.

I hope they are all having fun, they will have a nice white Christmas this year! Denver is getting snaked?

I moved about a mile this summer and got further from my little stash. Really kinda far to walk now, or I am old and lazy. But I finally figured out a new place to ski where I can walk right out of the new house. I've worked the bootpack twice already and will inaugurate it with a nice ski down on Christmas Eve.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

"short little pow pow runs this weekend" kniferidge of course.

So there is a spot which I won't name at Copper that has a handful of turns pitched like that, maybe 5 turns? I was skiing around yesterday trying to make my Christmas morning ski plan and thought, yeah, I should hit that steep face hard first chair. OMG, it has a little sun effect and I had not yet been that steep this season - so it was a serious challenge for me. Not sure if I will hit that first after all, well maybe I will, haha, well maybe second lap after I feel the snow.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

[QUOTE=skiballs;6490768]Went to vail on Monday.
    Holy fuck what a fucking shit show that place is.
    I’ve never been that scared on a ski slope in my life.
    Got a few good bump runs in, but fuck that place./QUOTE]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colorado-sign-welcome-travel-usa-wallpaper.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	894.2 KB 
ID:	397775

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    this

A few years ago I was teaching at Breck on Dec 26 and they said 26,000 visitors on the hill that day. Stuck in my mind, but maybe I have it all wrong. Anyway, I loved that ski school lane with all my heart.

I hope they are all having fun, they will have a nice white Christmas this year! Denver is getting snaked?

I moved about a mile this summer and got further from my little stash. Really kinda far to walk now, or I am old and lazy. But I finally figured out a new place to ski where I can walk right out of the new house. I've worked the bootpack twice already and will inaugurate it with a nice ski down on Christmas Eve.
    ski school needs you they area a 100 people short as a friend who works there said they are hiring anyone who can fog a mirror to teach right now

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    If only there was some way that you could avoid the most visited ski resort in the country on holidays. If only.
    50"- 100" totals coming through New Year - FKNA
    So thankful Vail has no way of making CB any closer to Denver. Haven't waited more than 60 seconds for a lift these past few days.

Stoked for this storm, but if any of you are thinking of hitting CB up, keep in mind that nothing is open- not even East River. Patrol will have their hands full getting anything open, too given how busy they are at this time of year with toboggan rides to the clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I saw that same exact picture elsewhere and am thinking maybe it needs some kind of context?
    With Christmas falling on a Saturday this year and kids off school all week, it seems a lot of people are vacationing the week before. Couple that with limited open terrain and this is the result. I skied Sunday for a few hours at Breck and the maze was never more than 1/3 full.....quite pleasant. Then the hoards showed up. Epic.

Should I perform a 5 point turn on Main St. and hold up all traffic so I can park in that open space on the other side? Sure!
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ski school needs you they area a 100 people short as a friend who works there said they are hiring anyone who can fog a mirror to teach right now
    To be fair that's pretty much always been the only prerequisite to be a mitten fetcher

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    $13 for a can at Steamboat? At the base of Copper two weeks ago there were several drafts for $6-$8. $13 is not rad.
    To be fair, it's a 24oz can, but it was $8 last year.

Last day of sunshine for a bit, looking forward to the ikonic shitshow that is about to commence, lodging at 90%. Every single pic I see of crowded slopes on social media, it's all the same, crowded everywhere in-bounds, no resort is safe. Just waxed the rock skis again. Praise glory to singles lines.

Hope the winds spare the park range but not likely.

Mitten fetcher, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    ...it's all the same, crowded everywhere in-bounds, no resort is safe....l.

Name:	CwL25jB.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	456.7 KB 
ID:	397779
    Horrible out there.

Last day of sunshine for a bit, looking forward to the ikonic shitshow that is about to commence, lodging at 90%. Every single pic I see of crowded slopes on social media, it's all the same, crowded everywhere in-bounds, no resort is safe.
    Good luck and godspeed. Can Steamboat beat its attendance record again between Christmas and New Years? Maybe the colder part of the storm will keep people inside. Curious for your updates on how the mountain conditions are looking, will be out there in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I cannot understand why people pay thousands and thousands of dollars to come do this for a week:
    Attachment 397765
    You see a mob scene and long waits to get a few runs, but they see being seen on the ski scene.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    They'd be more popular if they bootlicked the ridge

mitten fetcher, heh. I was at Eldora yesterday, sitting in the Indian Peaks Lodge by the window (to watch the race venue). Which also provides prime viewing of the never-ever beginner fenced off area. The wind was howling (because Eldora, ldo), and I saw a lot of mittens go flying!

Eldora was pretty empty, BTW. But it sucked ass anyway, so there's that. I took 2 runs. But alas, sat in the lodge for hours.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

To be fair, it's a 24oz can, but it was $8 last year.

Last day of sunshine for a bit, looking forward to the ikonic shitshow that is about to commence, lodging at 90%. Every single pic I see of crowded slopes on social media, it's all the same, crowded everywhere in-bounds, no resort is safe. Just waxed the rock skis again. Praise glory to singles lines.

Hope the winds spare the park range but not likely.

Mitten fetcher, lol.
    prices at the t-bar still seem reasonable, but I don't really go out much when in the boat to know what's going on. Skied the boat on Sunday for a couple of hours, lines weren't bad but with limited open terrain, the groomers were dangerously packed. seems like they've got some big whales sitting on some of the lower runs so I'm hoping they get more open in the next few days. I was surprised they weren't making snow yesterday morning actually. Either way, I'm here through Sunday if you want to try to link up for some turns.

Is the new Storm Peak taproom in the village open yet? Place was looking pretty sweet when I was up there this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    ...if any of you are thinking of hitting CB up, keep in mind that nothing is open- not even East River...
    Ah, now it makes some sense why my SIL and her BF are so stoked on visiting us and skiing Monarch for the weekend. Hoping we do well with this storm. It'll be my first days on snow for the season (too much dry dirt to bother with skiing early season conditions) so I'll try to remember to report back.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

[QUOTE=hawkgt;6490985]
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Went to vail on Monday.
    Holy fuck what a fucking shit show that place is.
    I’ve never been that scared on a ski slope in my life.
    Got a few good bump runs in, but fuck that place./QUOTE]

Name:	colorado-sign-welcome-travel-usa-wallpaper.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	894.2 KB 
ID:	397775
    Ha, that made me laugh.
    Don’t know what’s up in this pic.
    Up ridge behind the AF academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they call those fires

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    this

That’s a LOW #. Busy days are much higher.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

The perfect pejorative term for ski instructors doesn't exi--

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    mitten fetcher

lol
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Loveland isn't a resort.

LL pass wasn't in the cards for me this year since I got the silverton pass instead.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    prices at the t-bar still seem reasonable, but I don't really go out much when in the boat to know what's going on. Skied the boat on Sunday for a couple of hours, lines weren't bad but with limited open terrain, the groomers were dangerously packed. seems like they've got some big whales sitting on some of the lower runs so I'm hoping they get more open in the next few days. I was surprised they weren't making snow yesterday morning actually. Either way, I'm here through Sunday if you want to try to link up for some turns.
    Sunday was nice, gets less crowded as day goes on. Seems like newer crowd of skiers are never-evers or have only been once or twice before so yeah groomers are sketch! Saw two collisions on Daze at closing yesterday. The bump runs have been empty, albeit sharky, fun to navigate and get in better ski shape. Morningside opened today, depending on snow I bet we have BarUE open before next week. It's the most progressive I've seen them get wrt terrain openings since I've been here, so before people would complain about not enough terrain open, and now, when you ski across dirt and patches or snirt, people are like wow I can't believe they opened this run! SMDH, can't win. At least the resort knows they need to spread ppl around better.

Yeah let's make some turns! Half days tomorrow and Friday but full on bell to bell if I can on Sat & Sun, should be good. Pink pants & pettitors, ask for change!

And yeah, TBar for best food and reasonable pricing. Get the swiss rosti, so f'n good.

the rat flue is tear assing through employee housing like lice and the herp do in late march
    vail is trying to figure out what to do and how to spin it
    business as usual though don't mind the liftie hacking as you load

Sounds like it’s tearing ass through Eagle County. All Vail’s fault.