Page 1431 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 ... LastLast
Results 35,751 to 35,775 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Breck Tbar is the Jerry training ground. “You’re doing great man!”

Speaking of Breck, Broken Compass posted some great pics on IG of the Gondi shitshow today. Just the start of an Epic day.
    #makeskiingagroagain

No crowds or traffic in snowmobile land today. Why would you subject yourself to that mass of humanity at Breck? People are fucking stupid. I'd rather go to the stock show...

Vail was great today.....because passes were blacked out so capacity was what it should be. More of that please.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    No crowds or traffic in snowmobile land today. Why would you subject yourself to that mass of humanity at Breck? People are fucking stupid. I'd rather go to the stock show...
    Or get needles in my ballz

Show was a hoot the other night. Not crowded, I'm told. My first rodeo

Bike trails are humanless as well. Good (surprise) snow in Golden last night.

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

All yee, flee to the breck.

For your time has comith.

Shall those who dare to pass,

The fails await you.

Hither to the crotch of your bottom pockets.

Anyone want to rip an old man's manana? See you there early, and then GTFO.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

60° in Denver the next couple of days. Bike is out for some laps of the city.

Monarch was nice this afternoon.
    Rolled in at 1 parked right up front.
    Broke out the $30 goodwill find, tele boots, skis and bindings.
    Since it was the girlfriend’s first day on skis in 30 years, I went tele for the first time ever and I liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    I went tele for the first time ever and I liked it.
    Don't worry, we won't tell your parents

On our way home today, the kiddo and I stopped at Costco to get gas. There's a back way to get home that is drop dead beautiful, Marshall Road to Cherryvale Road for those who know the area, incredible views, a handful of homes here or there, some very old and beat up, some new, all of it what I would have called prime real estate. At one end of it was a house that my wife and I looked at, at an open house, but it was a weird house and way too close to 36.

That house, and almost all the houses along Marshall and a good stretch of Cherryvale, that first little neighborhood south of Marshall, were all gone. A few charred chimneys and burned up vehicles. Nothing left.

Surreal. And horrifying.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This is the problem with living in Breck. 50 minutes to be where you want to ski. If you're in a time crunch it's faster driving 30 minutes to a basin.

Quote Originally Posted by Relica View Post
    This is the problem with living in Breck. 50 minutes to be where you want to ski. If you're in a time crunch it's faster driving 30 minutes to a basin.
    It's about the same for me. About 25-35 minutes to the tbar maze at Breck depending if I'm leaving my house or office......assuming zero/minimal lift lines. 30-40 minutes from door to Palli maze for me on a normal day depending on where I park.
    Old's Cool.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Don't worry, we won't tell your parents
    Yes we damn well will.

Quote Originally Posted by Relica View Post
    50 minutes to a very specific spot on the mountain, with a couple of warm up runs to get there.

Screw that. Breck is a much better ski area. And Swan mountain is like the most dangerous road in the county and you get stuck behind a trash truck it’ll double that commute. Once you get to the other ski area, it is cold and windy and rocky and the sun is never out.

Screw that. Breck is a much better ski area. And Swan mountain is like the most dangerous road in the county and you get stuck behind a trash truck it’ll double that commute. Once you get to the other ski area, it is cold and windy and rocky and the sun is never out.
    Name:  hesright.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  24.5 KB

We need snow out west please. We have no traffic or lift lines but the powder is kinda beat now.

Breckenridge must be worth the squeeze. If "The Wisdom of Crowds" is rewritten for the 2020s, I expect a chapter on the Epic experience.
    Did some Bald Spot & Janitors Only laps to scratch the powder leftover/ inbound hiking itch, pretty good snow in there.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Breckenridge must be worth the squeeze. If "The Wisdom of Crowds" is rewritten for the 2020s, I expect a chapter on the Epic experience.
    I mean... as long as Keystone and Breck are the only options on blackout weekends, I'd expect those to be absolute nightmares *every* blackout weekend from here on out...

We *did* just discover that Steamboat is an Ikon Base blackout resort on Prez w/e... so we're scheming to do a long one up there and see if we might be pleasantly suprised.

^^^ Crowds were tolerable this weekend thanks to blackout. Just avoid Morningside, Sundown and Sunshine lifts from 11-2. And pray to Dog we get more snow, unless ice bumps and scraped off groomers are your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    ^^^ Crowds were tolerable this weekend thanks to blackout. Just avoid Morningside, Sundown and Sunshine lifts from 11-2. And pray to Dog we get more snow, unless ice bumps and scraped off groomers are your thing.
    We'd better get some new snow over the next 5 weeks.

I really need to think about getting some skinny-assed carving skis...

I was just thinking yesterday, if it ain’t gonna snow, I wish the wind would blow!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    We'd better get some new snow over the next 5 weeks.

I really need to think about getting some skinny-assed carving skis...
    Pattern change….2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    On our way home today, the kiddo and I stopped at Costco to get gas. There's a back way to get home that is drop dead beautiful, Marshall Road to Cherryvale Road for those who know the area, incredible views, a handful of homes here or there, some very old and beat up, some new, all of it what I would have called prime real estate. At one end of it was a house that my wife and I looked at, at an open house, but it was a weird house and way too close to 36.

That house, and almost all the houses along Marshall and a good stretch of Cherryvale, that first little neighborhood south of Marshall, were all gone. A few charred chimneys and burned up vehicles. Nothing left.

Surreal. And horrifying.
    Awful. Was such a beautiful road.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Pattern change….2 weeks

Per Joel, pattern change going into Feb.