Page 1007 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 ... LastLast
Results 25,151 to 25,175 of 41305
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Member when Bud Light took over CB?
    People act like they sold to Vail, it's just a fucking ski pass. They probably just need an infusion of cash after this season sucking so bad.
    yeah that bud lite thing was funny as shit to watch from afar, you thought someone was going to drop arsenic all around their town or something?

CB is a funny town, it's so full of trust fund eccentrics that nothing rational can be done without a group conscience kumbya mediation retreat. IS one pass any different than another? No. It's tourists, but I suppose there is a difference between the tourist who flies into gunnison vs the front range trash they want to keep out? I guess when most of the town is trust fund supported they don't need to worry about making a pay check, whether their business has enough cash flow.

The same bullshit happened in frisco years ago, they were going to build a home depot or a super walmart and people were so angry that they rioted in the streets. Well they finally brokered a deal with whole foods and people were tripping overthemselves they were so excited. People with money are fucking idiots. Any rational thinking is blinded by their own stupidity.

To this day I really don't get what is so specially about the butte.

Nothing is special about the butte, just another ruined Colorado mountain town.
    Dude look around you, every mountain town is chock full o lucky sperm clubers, ie trustfunders.
    Last edited by kailas; 03-18-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    The influx of rmsp+ skiers has been highly noticeable. Epic is sure to be far more noticeable.
    Locals will bitch about anyone but locals skiing at the butte. I remember going for free days at the beginning and end of the season and locals bitched about how busy it was. Lines weren't even that bad. A few years ago I was there on "The Busiest Day of the Season", 12" on a Saturday in March with everything open, rope to rope. Great day and minimal lift lines from my perspective. I was riding with some friends who live there and they thought the lines were bad. 15 minute wait for dinner at the Stash, easy parking on main, place was a ghost town compared to Breck under similar circumstances.

If the place wants to stay in business, they've gotta do something. Epic has so many resorts on it, I doubt everyone decides to go to CB anyway. If it gets Epic gaperized, Red Lady will have lines and that's it.

I do think that the CBMR pass holders got screwed on the deal, and that's about all they can really bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    You'll see an uptick, but only from people who have Epic Passes who actually would post on a forum like TGR. The majority of the EPIC gapers aren't going to drive to Crested Butte and will be just fine with their 10-15 ski days split between Keystone/Abasin/Breck + one day at Vail.
    This. Maybe an uptick from those in love with Vail for one trip then they’ll go back to their Epic weekends in Vail because CB doesn’t have enough grooming, cruiser blues, exclusive nightspots and fur shops.

I meet so many people in Denver who have this weird obsession with Vail. For many, that’s skiing period. No need to go elsewhere.

For CB locals, this gives you all a chance to storm chase to northern CO where it actually snows. That’s a plus, no?

Or they could just go a few miles west of town...

Quote Originally Posted by kailas View Post
    Nothing is special about the butte, just another ruined Colorado mountain town.
    Other than being overrun by tourists, how is Crested Butte ruined? It's easily one of the coolest towns in the state, and whatever they've been doing that's so strange (referencing fastfred's post) has worked, since the town still has character and loads of really cool locals that love living there.

People complain about everything when it first happens, but then reality starts to settle in and it's not so bad. I'm willing to bet Crested Butte's overall visitation next ski season isn't more than 10-20% higher than an average year.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Other than being overrun by tourists, how is Crested Butte ruined? It's easily one of the coolest towns in the state, and whatever they've been doing that's so strange (referencing fastfred's post) has worked, since the town still has character and loads of really cool locals that love living there.

People complain about everything when it first happens, but then reality starts to settle in and it's not so bad. I'm willing to bet Crested Butte's overall visitation next ski season isn't more than 10-20% higher than an average year.
    Check his post history. There's a theme.

Back to weather: Sunday Pm/Monday’s looking good!

place was a ghost town compared to Breck under similar circumstances.
    If you usually ski Breck then your perception of what is and is not an acceptable lift line is pretty different than someone who lives in Crested Butte.

I was going to take my snowtires off this weekend. Maybe I'll hold off till after this storm on Sunday. So if it busts, you can thank me.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    If you usually ski Breck then your perception of what is and is not an acceptable lift line is pretty different than someone who lives in Crested Butte.
    Um, yeah, that was the point I was trying to make. Good job.

Um, yeah, that was the point I was trying to make. Good job.
    And the point I failed to make is that Breck is the first or second most crowded major ski area in America, and simply saying CB wasn't as crowded as Breck doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This. Maybe an uptick from those in love with Vail for one trip then they’ll go back to their Epic weekends in Vail because CB doesn’t have enough grooming, cruiser blues, exclusive nightspots and fur shops.

I meet so many people in Denver who have this weird obsession with Vail. For many, that’s skiing period. No need to go elsewhere.

For CB locals, this gives you all a chance to storm chase to northern CO where it actually snows. That’s a plus, no?

Would be for a few free days at deferent resorts. But not for 50% ticket.

Helluva nice day for a meadow skipping with an old dog:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sadiemeadow.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	228645

Name:	meadow2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	228646

Along the way I passed a couple of attractive young women, one of whom had a bottle of Veuve Clicquot tucked into the side pocket of her pack. Made me long for youth.
    Last edited by I've seen black diamonds!; 03-17-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Name:	IMG_0516.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	228669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0519.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	228670
    Beautiful day with some great turns to be had

I had fun at wanker park today.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post

Name:	IMG_0519.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	228670
    Beautiful day with some great turns to be had
    Is that Drift peak up Mayflower?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I got the green light for the 14th at the Jane. No "?" on my calendar now.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Locals will bitch about anyone but locals skiing at every hill in the world.

Kidding. Kinda.

I like this 14th idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Is that Drift peak up Mayflower?

Yep

Thunder snow?

Hail and crashing lightning in D.

Nice fast transition from rain to hail to fat flakes.
    If anyone wants the conditions report for the Eldora beginners area, let me know, I got you covered. Watch that ice patch in the middle.
    Sounds like we've got good interest for the Jane bash on the 14th - sick!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

At close to $100 to ski Vail or Breck or Keystone? Not exactly a benefit for most of us. Other Epic resorts that might have appeal, like Telluride, have 0 benefits for CBMR pass holders. Besides, the storms that miss CBMR but do hit Summit cty or Vail are usually big storms in Irwin, so I might as well ski backcountry.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post

Very possible, and to be sure, many of the complaints I listed are the general consensus, not necessarily mine. I just hope that your 10-20% shows up on random mid week days in January when it's dead, not on weekends, holidays, and pow days when we already have crowds. Or at least the CB version of them.

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post

I hope it provides cash to CBMR and they can spend some capital on infrastructure.

I don't know. Other than an increase in the number of beers, burgers, and management fees (since CBMR doesn't own any hotels), I actually think they'll sell fewer passes. Plenty of locals only ski ~10 days a year, so why not get an Epic pass, mix things up with a weekend or 2 in Telluride, maybe ski Breck when your kid has a hockey game up there, maybe a big trip to Whistler, etc. Who knows, maybe the deal included cash from Vail, that's the only way the deal would actually make any sense.