Page 1207 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... LastLast
Results 30,151 to 30,175 of 41276
    Loveland shuts it down for the year. Still pays employees through at least the next three weeks and annual bonuses. All date-specific products are refundable. 4-packs good for next season. Season pass holder accommodations to come.

Also, because they officially shut down it opens uphill access to everyone.

Seems like the right decision and respect them for making one so quickly as to not leave a bunch of employees and customers in limbo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post

Seems like the right decision and respect them for making one so quickly as to not leave a bunch of employees and customers in limbo.

Yeah, the limbo thing is BS. Can't imagine Cb re-opening. Gunnison county closed all motels, hotels, and short term rentals

With Loveland ceasing snow safety operations and uphill access fully open, all so early in the season, does anyone sense a potential future problem?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Inbound avy at closed ski areas. It's all bc now.

...and previously skied on and controlled snowpack does not behave in the same way that a wild snowpack does. This will wall on deaf ears but people make increasing cautious decisions in order to not further burden our first responders and medical professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    With Loveland ceasing snow safety operations and uphill access fully open, all so early in the season, does anyone sense a potential future problem?
    Probably -- but what's the alternative? Someone want to pay the overhead of continuing control work? Close national forest land?

I've personally already been thinking about a nice corn lap down Golden Bear.

So who’s gonna be first to boot lick the ridge?

http://investors.vailresorts.com/new...-20-ski-season

Vail resorts now closed for the season.

IIRC, you are a lawyer. Does this open up the potential for lawsuits against closed ski areas? I would hope not. I'll take a lap if this is a stupid question, but it seems like something ski areas would need to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    IIRC, you are a lawyer. Does this open up the potential for lawsuits against closed ski areas? I would hope not. I'll take a lap if this is a stupid question, but it seems like something ski areas would need to consider.
    In Colorado they aren't even liable for avalanches if they are open due to a decision by the supreme court (avalanches are covered under the "inherent dangers" of the Colorado Skier Safety Act.) If they are closed, I can't imagine a different standard would apply.

IANAL.

So this lawsuit would read:

“By closing to head off a public health crisis, VR actually was negligent by not offering my client, who VR had every reason to believe could not stay away from juicy avalanche terrain, avalanche mitigation so he could ski fresh powder”?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Yes. So many clueless gapers out there.
    Watch some idiot hit Super Bowl after a storm and wind loading event.

How much of a zoo is Berthoud this week?

Parking will be an issue at Loveland this weekend with the upper lot closed.

"The Basin parking lot will be locked through Sunday, March 22. After March 22, the front gate will be open Monday through Thursday from 7:00am until 5:00pm. It will be locked promptly at 5:00pm every day and will be locked Friday through Sunday"

https://skiloveland.com/the-mountain/uphill-access/

I may be a lawyer, but this is so far from what I do I couldn't speculate professionally. But as a layman, I would guess the 2 responses following your post are correct.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^Thanks for above responses!

Breck right now feels like an off season from 15-20 years ago. Stood on main st outside of work and in 5 minutes watched 0 people walk by and 2 cars drive by. That was around 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Breck right now feels like an off season from 15-20 years ago. Stood on main st outside of work and in 5 minutes watched 0 people walk by and 2 cars drive by. That was around 5pm
    Enjoy it! It is fucking beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Eh, my wife is out of work, so not THAT beautiful.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Does she only dress up for work?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah it is nice but I manage a ski shop and I’m the only one getting a few hours right now. Shameless plug here but I posted this in gear swap, we’re trying to drum up some online orders since we’re losing our third biggest months revenue right now! 50% off most everything!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...STYLE-IN-BRECK

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    So is mine, and looking like for 3 months or more. I'm getting some work in here and there, but no sure how long that'll last. Sucks being in limbo.
    Just gotta take this day by day. Hopefully it doesn't go on too long like some are saying.

If I were to go uphill at breck is there anywhere to park in the peak 7 or 8 area now that the hill is closed?

peaks trailhead
    the parking garage
    possibly the parking lot on peak 7 by the gondolla stop it's usually reserved for drop offs and hotel guests
    parking seems to be free all over town with zero enforcement and hundreds of spots to chose from

and its dumping in breck right now
    no wind............... typical right after the ski season ends two foot dump

Just lightly snowing in Dillon. Was thinking maybe peaks TH