Page 936 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 ... LastLast
Results 23,376 to 23,400 of 41274
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm personally going to be jazzed if they offer Aspen on the RMSP+ next year. If they do... I'm tempted to completely say fuck the Front Range.
    They have repeatedly said Aspen is separate from the new entity. They might offer a few bonus days eventually but the only way you'll have unrestricted skiing at Aspen is if you buy an Aspen pass.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    They have repeatedly said Aspen is separate from the new entity. They might offer a few bonus days eventually but the only way you'll have unrestricted skiing at Aspen is if you buy an Aspen pass.
    Yep. Premium Product = Premium Price. Does any I70 resort dare leave the discount pass business model and attempt to offer a Premium Product? What would the decline in skier visits do to the local economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Have you been to The Jane? It is where grumpy old codgers to to ski. That's the point. Classic Rock, moguls, non-ironic mustaches, people that only ride the C chair. You can't have The Jane with our GOCs.

For the record, I'm old but I'm not grumpy when I go skiing.
    Absolutely. I've been skiing at the Jane since the early 90's.

To be honest - shaped skis ruined the Jane.

Time marches on. I, for one, am not going to fight it. Because it's futile and I got better things to do.

Any of you old fuckers remember when they put in the North Face lift at Crusty Butt? Fortunately there was no internet back then...

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I don't need unrestricted skiing at Aspen. I'd be satisfied with 6-days at the Boat, 6-days at Aspen/Snowmass, and unrestricted WP/MJ (for occasional weekdays).

I'd also like to see them get the 3-days at Taos back... I'd take those over Crusty Butt days.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I don't need unrestricted skiing at Aspen. I'd be satisfied with 6-days at the Boat, 6-days at Aspen/Snowmass, and unrestricted WP/MJ (for occasional weekdays).

I'd also like to see them get the 3-days at Taos back... I'd take those over Crusty Butt days.
    I would be stoked to the nth degree on this. 4 weekends at Aspen / Steamboat + 1 weekend at CB / Taos would be a great season pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    For reference, the parking lots at the Jane are, from Top to Bottom, the Corona Lot, C Lot and then the Summit Lot.

There are many names for many things at Wanker Park. The Patrollers are required to take a Logistics Test where they have to know the names of everywhere, everything. It is generally agreed that these are the proper names as this is what the ski area employees use on the radio. They can and do charge over time based on patrol supervisor turnover.

Here's a quiz. Where is:

Cowards Traverse

Fandango

The Ice Trail

Bummer Flats
    For as much as I ski there, I know none of the names of places on that mountain (beyond named trails on the map).

I now know the Park side because of my kiddo, and we always park at the old town lots which surprisingly are still free.

I never knew that tourons were parking on the Jane side and still skiing the Park side, hmmm...

Oh, and Peruvian on here knows the new CEO, he told me that he was a good guy, nice to hear it confirmed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Now, for poor old WP and their economic challenges of keeping the lights on from Joe Passholder? Cry me a river. They haven't made an upgrade to ski lifts or terrain, outside of the new cattrack to MJ, in nearly a decade. They are 60 miles from a massive population center with plenty of discretionary money in play. They put up 1M+ visits year after year, not all of whom are dirtbags eating and drinking out of their cooler. Lunch Rock may specialize in $15 sandwiches, but there are no shortage of people buying them. You may have some buddies counting their beans, but I doubt they are just scraping by.
    I've seen more than one Tesla Model S parked at Jane side. When is the supercharger coming?

Updated my post above, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Updated my post above, thanks!
    Thank you for that!!

Thanks for the JP observation and FB links. Looks like the report is updated to CAIC now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody have info on the mtb trail conditions by Eagle, especially the Boneyard side? I assume it may depend on aspect, but will any loops in the area likely be dry over the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by PaDuKa View Post
    Does anybody have info on the mtb trail conditions by Eagle, especially the Boneyard side? I assume it may depend on aspect, but will any loops in the area likely be dry over the weekend?
    I'd assume no, as I have snow in my yard and I'm the same elevation, but I'm not on that side of Eagle County.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I'd assume no, as I have snow in my yard and I'm the same elevation, but I'm not on that side of Eagle County.
    Thanks. I wasn't sure how much snow that area got from this last system. It looks dry(ish) by Eagle and Gypsum on CDOT's web cams but it is hard to tell.

Which one of you kooks rode that line down The Professor this weekend?

Jesus, did someone really ride that with the dump we just had? Saw a lot of morons out riding without any gear all up and down the pass, but can't believe someone was that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by viglio View Post
    Jesus, did someone really ride that with the dump we just had? Saw a lot of morons out riding without any gear all up and down the pass, but can't believe someone was that crazy.
    Crazy and stupid/ill informed are different things.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Crazy and stupid/ill informed are different things.
    Aye, better choice of words there.

Snowing pretty good at the Basin. Finally some soft snow!

I also saw someone sending Idiot's on Loveland when I was shuttling some guys up Sunday. Seemed like a bad choice.

Thanks. I wasn't sure how much snow that area got from this last system. It looks dry(ish) by Eagle and Gypsum on CDOT's web cams but it is hard to tell.
    I drove through yesterday and there's a dusting through Eagle.... but I'm willing to bet by tomorrow the trails over around Boneyard could be fine. I rode on Friday just before the storm and they were perfect.

Professor has E to SE at the top and SE to S through the path/run out. If it had no snow on it before the Nov. 17 storm (as it generally looks from this photo), then the snowpack structure was probably much better there than any of the other slide terrain that LP'ers could have ridden that faces NW to E. That says nothing about the likely shark factor, but #aspectmatters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArapahoeBasinCam_2017-11-07-28_07-28am (1).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	741.2 KB 
ID:	216777

san luis valley del norte trails riding great. no 70 traffic
    off your knees Louie

Not seeing much of a pattern change in the next 2 weeks....

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    Professor has E to SE at the top and SE to S through the path/run out. If it had no snow on it before the Nov. 17 storm (as it generally looks from this photo), then the snowpack structure was probably much better there than any of the other slide terrain that LP'ers could have ridden that faces NW to E. That says nothing about the likely shark factor, but #aspectmatters.
    Basically this. Still had to be cautious about the new snow (3’ or so). North winds loaded it up nicely. Yeah, it was a bit sharky, but still pretty damn fun. Just gotta stay light on your feet. Beat the hell out of noodlin on low angle shit.

Waiting till late afternoon helps - the snowpack settles in the sun and you can see the bumps from the larger rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So because Jane parking is a clusterfuck on Saturdays, it's ok to justify going the Vail Resorts route of charging for every fucking thing? So it's busy....locals, get there earlier before tourons get there at 10.
    It starts with $5 for parking, $10 for trailside. Then in a few years it's suddenly $20. Saw it with Vail and now Beaver Creek, who charges for the Bear Lot and you still have to bus to the lift.
    Sorry, this shit pissed me off.
    Yo everyone, I hear that Keystone parking will be $PAID$ parking next year. Time to start freaking about that.