Page 1128 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 ... LastLast
Results 28,176 to 28,200 of 41292
    We are gonna bomb a cyclone?

Ski king, ski king, do not answer...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Get that guy a Freeride Systems Jacket!
    the Columbia he's sportin looks just fine thanks....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    glad you were able to get out of your driveway, got stuck in that mess on Sunday so have avoided the pass last two days. will give it a go tomorrow. 170" FKNA. Old grey bearded guy yellow pants and jacket ,grey DPS
    I lucked out by forgetting to park in my garage, so the shoveling to the street was only a third of the amount had I been in garage.
    Sunday's mess happened on dry roads and with mostly clear skies...heard head-on with fatality(ies) at the snowshed. Last 2 days the drive up has been slow but pretty normal. My brother and wife are on Pagosa side, and have been hitting some delays. They are on the road right now to beat the avy control closure this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    All I needed was some smoked gouda and heavy cream.
    That is somehow really fitting to your avatar .... I hope Eagles weren't on the muzak speakers
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

glad you were able to get out of your driveway, got stuck in that mess on Sunday so have avoided the pass last two days. will give it a go tomorrow. 170" FKNA. Old grey bearded guy yellow pants and jacket ,grey DPS
    Some friends were up at Sheepshead the past few days. Their trucks are buried up at the trailhead, wonder when they'll ever get them out...

Amazing watching this storm. My colleagues fence in Thornton just blew away... https://www.ventusky.com/?p=38.40;-104.27;6&l=radar

^^^ blowy as fuck mate!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    That is somehow really fitting to your avatar .... I hope Eagles weren't on the muzak speakers
    Thankfully no.

I stood with my paltry armload of loot looking at the giant lines everywhere... and proceeded to take my shit through customer service, which had no line.

They kept saying they were going to close Abasin today because of CDOT but as of 12:30 when I left it was still open. Good chance they could open late tomorrow. Going to have ski patrol bomb the shit out of Prof and Widowmaker again. Apparently CDOT asked Abasin patrol to skin up the road with 200# of explosives to bomb these the other day when everything was closed and that was how they got Widowmaker to slide. The amount of snow just hanging up there on the Professor is really freaking everyone out.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Apparently CDOT asked Abasin patrol to skin up the road with 200# of explosives to bomb these the other day when everything was closed and that was how they got Widowmaker to slide.
    From Al’s blog.

I wonder how the resorts liability and insurance work with patrol leaving the property to bomb other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday's comments regarding the school closing decision are comical... Despite my general opinions on DPS, I think its safe to say they got this call correct.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Thankfully no.

I stood with my paltry armload of loot looking at the giant lines everywhere... and proceeded to take my shit through customer service, which had no line.
    That's the only line that accepts personal checks these days anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Some friends were up at Sheepshead the past few days. Their trucks are buried up at the trailhead, wonder when they'll ever get them out...
    I noticed the CAIC observation.
    https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/o...p?obs_id=55506
    your friend went a little Fritz Sperry there
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    From Al’s blog.

I wonder how the resorts liability and insurance work with patrol leaving the property to bomb other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was thinking the same, CDOT must contract them and provide liability & worker comp. coverage. Otherwise A Basin’s carrier would have a shit fit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Was thinking the same, CDOT must contract them and provide liability & worker comp. coverage. Otherwise A Basin’s carrier would have a shit fit.
    I actually had that exact conversation with one of the guys in that photo. I think his answer was that Abasin was covering them. Seems like they should be able to clock in as private contractors/consultants and get $100 an hour IMHO. Hauling explosives around in the backcountry seems like it would get hazard pay too.

I noticed the CAIC observation.
    https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/o...p?obs_id=55506
    your friend went a little Fritz Sperry there
    spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post

Typically there is a MOU. When a SAR team uses patrollers, they fall under a previous MOU with the local sherrif. I'm not sure of the particulars with CDOT, because this is a less common thing.

And thats a cool pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Typically there is a MOU. When a SAR team uses patrollers, they fall under a previous MOU with the local sherrif. I'm not sure of the particulars with CDOT, because this is a less common thing.

And thats a cool pic!
    that is a cool pick. I watched one of the avalanche control videos and noticed it was made by an employee of Wyssen. Does CDOT contract with them? Were they brought in to help with the mitigation? Good to see the locals taking care of the situation in that photo.
    off your knees Louie

I actually had that exact conversation with one of the guys in that photo. I think his answer was that Abasin was covering them. Seems like they should be able to clock in as private contractors/consultants and get $100 an hour IMHO. Hauling explosives around in the backcountry seems like it would get hazard pay too.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 4.11.48 PM.png
Views: 587
Size:  512.4 KB

As long as it's not Nitroglycerin...

Coppers patrol also bombs paths outside the resort that go to the mine

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Coppers patrol also bombs paths outside the resort that go to the mine
    I would imagine CDOT has an agreement of some sort with Copper Ski Patrol. It's probably a lot more cost effective and safer for everyone to have patrollers that are already going to be at the summit of that peak with explosives (to do mitigation on Tucker) walk a few feet out of the resort boundaries and huck a couple bombs in that path than to drag a howitzer or helicopter over there.
    Wouldn't be surprised if CDOT and A-Basin have an agreement as well, since keeping the Professor under control is critical to to A-Basin,

Seems like the storm is stopping in Denver. Funny that Boston got a storm last week with more snow and wind than this one and didn’t even hit the news.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I would imagine CDOT has an agreement of some sort with Copper Ski Patrol.
    An agreement with the mine

They kept saying they were going to close Abasin today because of CDOT but as of 12:30 when I left it was still open. Good chance they could open late tomorrow. Going to have ski patrol bomb the shit out of Prof and Widowmaker again. Apparently CDOT asked Abasin patrol to skin up the road with 200# of explosives to bomb these the other day when everything was closed and that was how they got Widowmaker to slide. The amount of snow just hanging up there on the Professor is really freaking everyone out.
    They closed at 2p according to the twitters.

Anyone ski Eldora today? Thinking of heading there tomorrow

"In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight