Page 1293 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 ... LastLast
Results 32,301 to 32,325 of 41291
    I do not understand all this negativity. Personally this forecast has me amped up. Actually following up on all the old person advice and resting up for it.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I do not understand all this negativity. Personally this forecast has me amped up. Actually following up on all the old person advice and resting up for it.
    I think this is a quote from someone on TGR "high DINs, low expectations."

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I don't know, I mean its kinda bad but its not that bad!

I haven't been out of my bubble yet but Winter Park has 146 ytd against an average of 350" and the best 3 months of ski season start about now. Bad was whatever year it didn't even make it to 200".

I like powder as much if not more than the next guy but I'm wondering if ya'll are grounded in reality. It's not like blower pow days and stable backcountry is exactly the norm around here.

anyone got a source that shows YTD snowfall for all ski areas?
    WP is an anomoly for the front range. Most ski areas in the northern part of the state are sitting at sub-100 inches on the year. Still, the skiing is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by doxinho View Post
    Headed down next weekend with my buddy and hoping the southwest flow delivers
    I will be down there, as well. Rolling the dice and trusting the forecast.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Anyone get out to ABasin? How did the 6” ski?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Anyone get out to ABasin? How did the 6” ski?
    good if you know where the rocks are lines started forming on pali around 10

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0800.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	358555
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0813.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	647.7 KB 
ID:	358556

Skied keystone with one of the kids today and had a lot of fun and found good snow up in Bergman bowl and some tree runs, pleasantly surprised

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Had some surprisingly deepish turns at Loveland this mornin, lines built up around 10:30 but still decent.

Basin skied well today, firm underneath but that’s to be expected on 6 inches and the snow on top was real nice. Trees in the beavers were super fun when that opened.

MJ was surprisingly soft. Easy boot top depth in lots of places. A TON of trees down since last week with the wind event. Still some rocks and stuff you hit occasionally, but definitely runs out there where there was no crust, no rocks, just soft base snow.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Didn't read some of the comments above until now but gotta love it. Start reminiscing about high snowfall years and the self righteous come out to tell you to "stay grounded maaaaan".

I do not understand all this negativity.
    Are you lost? Do you know what thread you are in?

I'm negative because it's a really really bad year. Looking at the Gunnison basin graph, it's slightly better than the mess than was 2018, but it's right on par with other classically bad seasons like 2012 and 2002. Bur hey, the inch we got last night is basically the biggest storm of '21, so I guess it's trending better?

I do not understand all this negativity. Personally this forecast has me amped up.
    Your 'home' mountain has a 75" base, has been 100% open for several weeks and is about to get pounded again. No wonder you don't understand.

Look for me in a red jacket, blue pants and skiing OG Protests .
    Old's Cool.

Between covid, reservations and the low snow I finally gave up on the season and deferred my Ikon pass. Here's hoping for better snow next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Between covid, reservations and the low snow I finally gave up on the season and deferred my Ikon pass. Here's hoping for better snow next year.
    Can't say that is a bad idea. Nice they gave people that option

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Yes

Well I for one appreciate your sacrifice.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Cheers mate enjoy it for me. I have roommates in my 60s so I am keeping it safe and low key, still on snow just not at resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    that was my first thought as well.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyway I can do the same with my epic pass? Thinking of pulling the plug on the season as well.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Anyway I can do the same with my epic pass? Thinking of pulling the plug on the season as well.
    I don’t think so...Having the same question...want to pull plug on my wife’s pass but I think we are screwed.....

Our school keeps going in/out of virtual/in school....so it has blown up our “reservations” we have been planning/making......and it messes with our 7/14 day quarantines to be able to go to VT and see kids/ski.....or take any CO trips...

So really we are both screwed....but I really want to see if I can at least get hers refunded/carried over to next year....but I know it’s not gonna fly..

Oh well....it’s my mistake for buying the damn things last spring....

Sorry...back to more CO stoke!

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I don’t think so...Having the same question...want to pull plug on my wife’s pass but I think we are screwed.....

Our school keeps going in/out of virtual/in school....so it has blown up our “reservations” we have been planning/making......and it messes with our 7/14 day quarantines to be able to go to VT and see kids/ski.....or take any CO trips...

So really we are both screwed....but I really want to see if I can at least get hers refunded/carried over to next year....but I know it’s not gonna fly..

Oh well....it’s my mistake for buying the damn things last spring....

Sorry...back to more CO stoke!
    Yea pretty much my take too. I was hoping someone had found a loop hole in there somewhere that I couldn't find. I dont plan on hitting the resort this year, and at this point even the backcountry looks dicey...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Just got back from Eiseman. More snow up there but still probably half of where it is normally. Got about 7” on Sunday night/Monday. Snowpack on NW facing slopes was about 150cm. We saw some shallow slabs but the majority of that pack was facets. Skiing was pretty good overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE ROLL