Page 535 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,375 of 41291
    Weld county is like one big lake and peak hasn't hit yet. Going to be a lot of dead livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Anyone know what's up with I-70 and this storm? Is travel clear? I cannot get the cdot site to load...
    We came through Idaho Springs last night and the water was coming down so fast off of the rock cliffs it looked like a ride at a water theme park.

Local news coverage (from what I've been seeing) is blowing it. I watched about 3 minutes of video on CBS national news that REALLY showed the devastation. Holy shit!

Things are pretty fucked in Boulder/Lyons!

Only way in or out of Estes is Trail Ridge....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

concrete jungle................

From the picture I saw, there is no road in big Thompson canyon anymore.

Also, anyone looking for Lyons pics, check out Redstone cycles Facebook page.

Many of my friends have tons of basement/lower level water damage, and they are still in the "lucky" group.

C, haven't heard from Labelle, texted her a little while ago. Knowing their location, they are probably fine, but possibly have no way to get out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Vibes to you and your friends. The pictures I've seen are heartbreaking.

Edit: in response to the time warped post below.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    concrete jungle................
    If anyone wants or has Lyons/west of Lyons info shoot me a PM and I'll respond. What I know now is Spring Gulch will be evacuated tonight. The fire department got up there today and my friends are in Longtucky now. Pinewood and the rest of rural Lyons? I haven't talked to anyone since yesterday but from what I've heard they were supposed to be evacuated by helicopter today. I don' think that happened but if you want to know about anyone in PWS go to the Colorado Cherry Company Facebook page. They aren't able to track people down but if you post and they show up in town they'll get the guy who climbs up a hill to get cell reception to get word. Other than that I don't know other than this from twitter... first link on the left.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Color...40394092685020 also The Pinewood Springs Community on Facebook (seems like everyone is accounted for in PWS, who the fuck knows about all the houses up and down from there.)

Update from Pinewood Springs: Still no electricity at the store in Lyons. Roads are destroyed all around. No one in or out. Sinkholes in the neighborhood. Residents are gathering at the Colorado Cherry Company , Villa Tatra across the street, and a church nearby. People in the area were not prepared for this, flooding coming with no warning. They are hoping that the National Guard makes their way up there soon! More updates when we get them. #frontrangefloods

So crushed right now for my town and people. It's a 500 year flood in Lyons but I've got to listen to fuckers here sonning about how they've seen it before.

Thanks to all the people down there helping Lyons and rural Lyons. I'll be there as soon as I can.

Please once Lyons gets back up spend money there. It is a great place full of genuine people who moved there for a reason.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 09-13-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    If anyone wants or has Lyons/west of Lyons info shoot me a PM and I'll respond. What I know now is Spring Gulch will be evacuated tonight. The fire department got up there today and my friends are in Longtucky now. Pinewood and the rest of rural Lyons? I haven't talked to anyone since yesterday. I don't know other than this from twitter...

Update from Pinewood Springs: Still no electricity at the store in Lyons. Roads are destroyed all around. No one in or out. Sinkholes in the neighborhood. Residents are gathering at the Colorado Cherry Company , Villa Tatra across the street, and a church nearby. People in the area were not prepared for this, flooding coming with no warning. They are hoping that the National Guard makes their way up there soon! More updates when we get them. #frontrangefloods

So crushed right now for my town and people. It's a 500 year flood in Lyons but I've got to listen to fuckers here sonning about how they've seen it before.

Thanks to all the people down there helping Lyons and rural Lyons. I'll be there as soon as I can.

Please once Lyons gets back up spend money there. It is a great place full of genuine people who moved there for a reason.
    +++Vibes+ Bro

A TON of people on TGR know Lyons, if only for the mountain biking (and the beer).... you'll get your shit back together ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by kailas View Post
    The Front Range needs a good douching!
    That actually made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Not trying to argue semantics or anything else. A fuckload of water is a fuckload of water. When it has been seen before around here it has been FAR more focal in nature. I spent the day sandbagging friends' driveways here in Arvada, helping complete strangers demo and pull drywall from their flooded basements, doing free work on sick horses in the neighborhood and anything else that could help those that are dealing with what I am lucky enough to NOT be dealing with directly. I feel lucky to have been able to help, and am crossing fingers for enough of a break from the rain to not have whole neighborhoods here crushed by walls of water when canal walls and dams start breaking. It is REALLY close to that level, but todays' reprieve really helped.

It breaks my heart to see the town of Lyons like that, CJ... I ride up there 2-3x a week and it hurts seeing places so familiar to me in those pictures. I hope the town comes back stronger than ever.

.....nevermind... move along, put things behind us, and forget
    Last edited by FrankZappa; 09-14-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Do you know if Kiowa in PWS is screwed? Have a close friend there that I'm unable to contact.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

HJ they are asking people to contact Emergency services to follow up on folks like what you want. Try: http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...for-in-Boulder-
    To report an unaccounted for person, call 303-776-2927
    . if not go to boulder cnty site.

Thanks man
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Has it rained hard down there again today? Tomorrow looks very wet again. Light rain and cool temps up here.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I was in Denver for part of the day, so could have missed some, but it only rained a little from what I saw. Creeks are still raging, and tomorrow is supposed to get ugly again.

No rain from Arvada down to Littleton, my wife said it was dumping again this afternoon on the south end of the metro area, down to Castle Rock. And many Ft. Collins people were posting on FB that it was raining up there again.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Don't really have time to post much, Internet service is spotty as hell. Shit has been devastated up here. Roads, utilities, and infrastructure in general is so bad and will be for months. When I get the time I have unbelievable footage to share. For now I will say that ep is doing ok. We are getting supplies restocked. Both mrs splitter and I are ok and doing well. Our jobs are done for now but I'm a civil engineer so things will get back going soon. My office is fucked tho. Things will not be back to normal for a long, long time.

Oh and to all the people saying they've seen this before you're a fucking idiot. Some drainages have experienced well over the 500 yr flood. Most of ep is in that category

http://youtu.be/W0d3j4zmnyY

This is aerial footage of Larimer County flooding from the Sheriffs Dept. includes Loveland, 34, 36, Estes Park, towns in the canyons. It's bad
    stay outta my line

New State of North Colorado getting it today.

Deferent acting stuff today. SW CO also getting some, flooding north of Tride.

Will be interesting to see what Ingrid brings? Supposdly not coming this way?
    Last edited by capulin overdrive; 09-15-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Just remember KIDZ: This week never happened either, and you're a morAn if you think this shits real.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident