Page 1290 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 ... LastLast
Results 32,226 to 32,250 of 32504

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Welp - Letís start placing bets on what burns by mid summer. I place my chips on the La Garita

May be right, I was thinking south central CO / north central NM region. Only because I have been looking at camping down there this summer.

This is a skiing thread. Who the fuck gives a shit about roll covid?? https://twitter.com/james_benedetto/...930552833?s=19

In other news - Lesh has made the New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...great-outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    This is a skiing thread. Who the fuck gives a shit about roll covid?? https://twitter.com/james_benedetto/...930552833?s=19
    Couldnt they have waited till next year to celebrate another Natty?

In other news - Lesh has made the New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...great-outdoors
    Bama's success is more tied to the fate of Colorado skiing than that asshole.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Wow. Supreme nihilist and narcissist.

Lesh's lawyer: ďNo, sir. David Lesh, please stop talking. Your Honor, would the court note my client is speaking over my advice and Iím advising David Lesh not to speak, not to say anything? His matters will be respected and addressed through counsel.Ē

Lesh: ďYour Honor, I would like to be able to talk.Ē

Judge: ďStop talking for a moment. Your attorney is giving you frankly very good advice.Ē
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Man, we need snow. So many rogue rocks all over ABasinís trails.

Despair not, denizens of the Colorado Weather Discussion Thread! The Bama rule doesn't apply this year. Fake COVID season, they did not win a real championship.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Despair not, denizens of the Colorado Weather Discussion Thread! The Bama rule doesn't apply this year. Fake COVID season, they did not win a real championship.
    well, you may be on to something. this is an asterisk season, this may be the loop hole we need.

Seemed like a poorly researched article where the author just took Lesh's word for most of the events and didn't bother to call anyone else involved in the story or fact check. Oh well fuck that guy and I wish I had the 30 minutes back I spent listening to that fluff piece.

Why in the world did they publish this Lesh apologia?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XKCDdevilsadvocate.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	357535

Sounded to me like the author felt like his subject did enough damage just talking. Then report the facts. He doesn't come out looking very good.

Also, it led me to some online research where I learned the FACT that virtika stickers and garments double as toilet paper. I know it's hard to wipe your ass on a car or somebuddy next to you in the lift line, but we all need to do our part for the environment.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

While lapping the Beavers, I personally threw 10 rogue golf to baseball sized rocks off the middle of the groomed trails just waiting for someone to fuck themselves up. Fuck you Bama.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 01-12-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    ROLL TIDE BITCHES!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    well, you may be on to something. this is an asterisk season, this may be the loop hole we need.
    Big surprise, this circle jerk continues. Enjoy it fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    While lapping the Beavers, I personally threw 10 rogue golf to baseball sized rocks off the middle of the groomed trails just waiting for someone to fuck themselves up. Fuck you Bama.
    Why lap loafer and davis when pali is open and skiing splendidly?

buying an A-Basin pass was the best decision I made during covid. It has been pretty empty there, even on weekends. We skied right onto Pali all day on sunday. Then we hopped the pass and went over to loveland at 3PM for power hour and there were still 10 minute lift lines over there.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    Big surprise, this circle jerk continues. Enjoy it fellas!
    We can change the subject, have you ever heard about facets in CO?

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    They've had the trees to skier's right of Loafer open too. Found the best snow of the day in there on Saturday.
    Old's Cool.

buying an A-Basin pass was the best decision I made during covid. It has been pretty empty there, even on weekends. We skied right onto Pali all day on sunday. Then we hopped the pass and went over to loveland at 3PM for power hour and there were still 10 minute lift lines over there.
    Just did two laps since I hadnít been in the Beavers yet this year. Itís not like I didnít ski Pali and everything else thatís open.

Wow! I'm about as die hard basin Pali lapper as they come, and "Splendidly" is not a word that came to mind when skiing anything off Pali this week or last. I mean, a few good turns on the spine, but other than that, it's pretty bad.

Now, the trees off Loafer are usually decent, and hold snow well as they face NE. They are called the "Dogwoods" and named after former Avy Dogs. FYI. Used to be called "Westwoods" before Al got a hold of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Used to be called "Westwoods" before Al got a hold of them.
    Yep. Even when it hadn't snowed in a while and most of the Beavers were mostly skied out.......you could almost always find soft snow in Westwoods. That was my spot.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Yep. Even when it hadn't snowed in a while and most of the Beavers were mostly skied out.......you could almost always find soft snow in Westwoods. That was my spot.
    A friend sent me some old pics of us riding the Beavers in deep snow the other day and it made me all nostalgic. Sure miss having it to ourselves. I probably had a few thousand runs between the Beavers and Steep gullies back then. Rode back there more than I rode inbounds back then.

Snake pit to Westwoods was definitely the place to be a few days after a storm or even a wind event that knocks the snow off the trees. I remember some deeeeeep days in there when the resort reported 4".

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Wow! I'm about as die hard basin Pali lapper as they come, and "Splendidly" is not a word that came to mind when skiing anything off Pali this week or last. I mean, a few good turns on the spine, but other than that, it's pretty bad.

Now, the trees off Loafer are usually decent, and hold snow well as they face NE. They are called the "Dogwoods" and named after former Avy Dogs. FYI. Used to be called "Westwoods" before Al got a hold of them.
    To each their own. I really enjoy semi-hard chalk with scattered obstacles to keep you on your toes.

116 mph wind gust recorded on Peak 6 last night. Peak 8 was recording higher values than the Pk 6 station up until about midnight, then no data available after that. Never felt my place shake like that before.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    116 mph wind gust recorded on Peak 6 last night. Peak 8 was recording higher values than the Pk 6 station up until about midnight, then no data available after that. Never felt my place shake like that before.
    Alabama championship trade winds trying to blow every last flake to Kansas.

on the bright side we don't have to worry about the snow blowing away since its all hardpack or do they call that packed powder