Page 1389 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 ... LastLast
Results 34,701 to 34,725 of 41251
    good as place as any for CO mags.... recs for sled rentals near Salida? day excursion type shit

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    good as place as any for CO mags.... recs for sled rentals near Salida? day excursion type shit
    There's the guys up on Monarch pass near the Monarch Pass Lodge and Lost Wonder Hut. Not sure if they are tours only or what.

thanks, found it, https://www.monarchsnowmobiletours.com/

tour is just fine, just looking for a non ski activity for a day.

WP opened yesterday, guns running frantically to open gondi to top, should load by this weekend to open sunspot and snoasis. got the make the $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Summit of Sunshine................it doesn't drop you off where you think you want to be, unless Wally World is actually where you want to be.

On one hand, I hope we don't get enough snow early season for the next little while in sad hopes of them rethinking the new lift over on Pioneer...I'd love a good gut punch to the corporate lackeys who are fucking up this mountain and if they put it off for a few more years until I cash out then I'll be happy.

Sad thing is I bet they still won't be able to have proper lanes for the newly relocated gondy. It's gonna be a shit show of ikonic proportions.
    Somehow I missed that this was happening and I'm get off my lawn grumpy about it I think. Totally changes powder day dynamics. Will ski off quicker as those that ski where I want to ski will not have to wait in the long line of Wally Worlders.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It literally has the exact same mall structure on Main Street that Breck does. I always have to do a double take. Their gyro spot is the shit though.

Skull Creek Greek.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that that little mall structure is designed by same entity (corner of 7th & Lincoln). Or maybe I just imagined it because yeah, same exact structure.

WP opened yesterday, guns running frantically to open gondi to top, should load by this weekend to open sunspot and snoasis. got the make the $$$
    Says who?

^^^ no one, just observation from years past. the gondi running books rooms

^^^ no one, just observation from years past. the gondi running books rooms
    You're logic is sound its just that your timeline is unrealistic. My guy on the inside is saying that in order to open from the top, they need something like 3 good 24hr snowmaking sessions and 2 days to groom. Yesterday was the first day like that in over a month. It doesn't look like those conditions will return until next week. Oh, and Alterra doesn't really own much lodging around here.

thanks, found it, https://www.monarchsnowmobiletours.com/

tour is just fine, just looking for a non ski activity for a day.

Had a site meeting in WP this morning and stopped by the mountain afterwards to get some laps in. Pretty pathetic that they were only able to get two lifts and really one 700’ vert run open.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Had a site meeting in WP this morning and stopped by the mountain afterwards to get some laps in. Pretty pathetic that they were only able to get two lifts and really one 700’ vert run open.
    And that's different than any of the last 25 years how? It's never been a big early season place that blows a bunch of snow. But yeah, pathetic. Should should just go to Copper or Steamboat.

Makes sense FG with the fall we have had, was just thinking from market sense, focus on top/bottom. 3 days cook/2 days package, never knew.

Welp, neither I or WP can do jack shit about the weather.... pattern change 2 weeks out, right?

edit: that 600" back on skis, ipa at derailer, brats in the lot, good first day for me
    Last edited by hawkgt; 11-18-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    And that's different than any of the last 25 years how? It's never been a big early season place that blows a bunch of snow. But yeah, pathetic. Should should just go to Copper or Steamboat.
    I’m usually at ABasin or Copper for early season but this was my first early season day at WP. Thought I’d give it a try. That icy green was bonkers!

Pattern change in 3-4 weeks

"High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Pattern change in 3-4 weeks

Now it’s 3-4, not 2 weeks? Grrrr

Season's done, put a fork in it. Time for everyone to make a run on Solo fire pits, #overlanding gear, and SUPs.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Season's done, put a fork in it. Time for everyone to make a run on Solo fire pits, #overlanding gear, and SUPs.
    Or go to Canada...

Pow day on Lower Parkway has brought the masses. Yeah, not joining in those shenanigans.

Went to eldora today. No lift line.
    And my wife couldn’t understand why I didn’t want to go to WP for powder.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioIglesias View Post
    Pow day on Lower Parkway has brought the masses. Yeah, not joining in those shenanigans.
    You’re fucking kidding me with that photo. You’re fucking kidding me.

That’s the kind of shit that makes me hate what resort skiing has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Went to eldora today. No lift line.
    And my wife couldn’t understand why I didn’t want to go to WP for powder.

Did you go solo? Trying to figure out if I can cruise up there weekend afternoons and not have to pay for parking. Hoping they're short staffed enough where whoever is policing that in the AM has better things to do by 1 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    You’re fucking kidding me with that photo. You’re fucking kidding me.

That’s the kind of shit that makes me hate what resort skiing has become.
    Come on man, we've seen this every season for at least the last decade. Nothing new. But I agree, skiing has definitely gotten to the point where I'm starting to wonder how much longer I want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Did you go solo? Trying to figure out if I can cruise up there weekend afternoons and not have to pay for parking. Hoping they're short staffed enough where whoever is policing that in the AM has better things to do by 1 or so.
    +1 on this, wondering if I would really have to pay as a solo passenger for afternoon shift.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

SOV parking charge starts Dec 18 per the Eldora website. Weekends and holidays. $10
    My wife who can’t ski said she’s willing to go with and just hang out to save the $. she has handicap placard as bonus, up front row

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    SOV parking charge starts Dec 18 per the Eldora website. Weekends and holidays. $10
    My wife who can’t ski said she’s willing to go with and just hang out to save the $. she has handicap placard as bonus, up front row

Your wife is to be saluted! Good reminder on timing there, thanks. I'll report my findings back once I take a crack at the late shift in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Come on man, we've seen this every season for at least the last decade. Nothing new. But I agree, skiing has definitely gotten to the point where I'm starting to wonder how much longer I want to do it.
    Right, nothing new, but the whole powder frenzy because they got snow and opened a green run thing makes me just hate what is happening and where it’s headed.