Page 1210 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 ... LastLast
Results 30,226 to 30,250 of 41247
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    They’re still allowing short term rentals there?
    the words "they" and "allow" insinuate that there in some institution is running the show. We didn't have that pre-COVID 19. Who is stopping Suzie from Littleton Venmo-ing money to Bob from Dallas in exchange from the lockbox code?

Sure looks like you can book a place just down the street on VRBO right now.

Skied a not very popular BC spot today. Most cars I'd seen there previously was 3. There were 3 when I arrived around 7am, but 40 or so when I left around 10:30 am, although I suspect a few folks were snowshoeing up a different trail. More than a few folks I passed on the way down looked to be learning how to use their gear.

On a more positive note between 10,000 and 11,000' was some of the best snow I've skied all year. Death crust on some aspects below. Punchy wind slab with a few in nches of fresh above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200322_090417.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	321664

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Powder was available for pick up today at Butler. As we were leaving the front range was arriving. Your results may very. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF3B1FFD-ECD6-47C9-B48D-1EEB8376874F.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	354.4 KB 
ID:	321689
    I have more skis and bikes than Facebook friends.

Social Deepness. Name:  FDD0C37D-F723-4AFE-97CD-9FF5C0FA8522.jpeg
Views: 525
Size:  328.0 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF3B1FFD-ECD6-47C9-B48D-1EEB8376874F.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	354.4 KB 
ID:	321690  
    I have more skis and bikes than Facebook friends.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Sweet pics. The fuck is this? https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/...avirus-crisis/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Sweet pics. The fuck is this? https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/...avirus-crisis/

If clowns keep acting like clowns it will happen everywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

The morons will spoil it for everyone and worse yet - too soon for natural selection to kick in.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

A friend and I took our daughters on a ski up on McMillan today. It’s on Red Mountain Pass in San Juan County. We live in the next county south; La Plata. This is epic bullshit for a couple of reasons:

- The idea is to not further burden an already over-burdened healthcare system, right? But there are zero covid19 cases in our area. The hospital in Durango is like a ghost town because no one wants to go the hospital for fear of getting covid19, but there is no one with covid19 (yet). And when people from San Juan County who will eventually get infected need medical attention, guess where they go? They come down to our hospital in La Plata County (or Montrose County).

-or is it about SAR, and not wanting to stretch them out? Would a search and rescue team need to respond to a covid19 case? To bring them down to La Plata County?

-but San Juan County residents are good to go? I saw a dude i know who teaches at the avy school and he was free skiing. He’s lived in Durango for decades but now silverton. So he’s allowed to ski, and I’m not?

-Red Mountain Pass is NOT loveland (thank god). I ski there pretty much every weekend and it never looks anything at all like that video. Ever.

-we were skiing FLAT terrain. Hardly more than a XC ski tour. Not steep enough to slide. But that’s forbidden? Our kids have been cooped up all week. Getting outside is the only way they can see their friends safely. And now that’s being taken from them, too?

-what right does one redneck sherif on a power trip have to close access to federal lands? He came up and hassled us after our ski. Keep in mind there were NO signs. At all. Even the light-up info boards as you leave silverton were dark. And then he says “i need you to leave San Juan County immediately” my daughter still had her boots on.

-There were a few other cars parked about 300’ from where we were parked, technically in Ouray county. So, that’s ok. But, parking in the normal pull-out is a health emergency?

-So now, at the verge of a societal collapse, where our concern is NOT overburdening civil-servants we have the sheriff driving around all day putting little pieces of paper on skiers cars and hassling them.

Am i wrong? Go for it. Tell me how wrong i am. In the meantime, fuck that guy.

On a plus note, today had some of the best snow of the season. Until Johnny Law decided to kill the good-vibes we were able to forget about the fact that the world is melting down around us for a couple hours. Fuck that dude for taking that from us.

Name:	IMG_7517.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	739.9 KB 
ID:	321767
    The girls practicing social-distancing in the flat pow

Name:	IMG_7474.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	321768
    this is what San Juan County’s finest spends his days handing-out, so that he isn’t overburdened doing other thingss

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Tech Tonics; 03-23-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Should've brought your shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Should've brought your shotgun.
    Like I said, he was a small-town sheriff. So he would’ve been quicker on the draw than gun-gaper me.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    should of come east. they added a couple of shitters to the parking area to accommodate the spring breakers and increased use.
    East? Like wolf creek? I haven’t toured up there. But I would.

Officer Dumbshit really isn’t accomplishing anything other than wasting his own time, the savvy skiers were just parked in Ouray county 100 yards away.

Shouldn’t he be prepping his community?

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    should of come east. they added a couple of shitters to the parking area to accommodate the spring breakers and increased use.
    To each their own.....but i definitely would't be advertising on a public forum that my lil bc zone is open and accommodating right now. Just saying.

yea probably. right. lots of lurkers here. from what i have seen in my limited time here is most people can barely get out of the parking lot.
    off your knees Louie

Tech...great post. Brucey is a dick. I'm sure you know this.

Yeah

I saw about the SJ sheriff shutting the county down.

Same with Estes getting Rocky Mountain NP shut down.

Maybe they should shut down Durango and its hospitals for SJ residents. Maybe no tranfers from Estes to Denver hospitals.

Ill remember these places and refuse to spend a $ there once this is all over.

Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 03-23-2020 at 07:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

SJC is a strange and unique place, I can't say I'm surprised!
    Either way, that order is hogwash. A county sheriff doesn't have that kind of authority.
    Stay safe & healthy.

You guys are going to get fucked. Shelf room in Place and then complaints about getting hassled when you drive around and cross county lines to recreate. That is not what Shelter in Place means. Oh, I get it. You don’t think your kids are going to be the 12 year old who’s fighting for her life on a respirator. Or this is just the old people getting sick. Your actions are fucking selfish. Healthcare and first responders are lacking PPE. The virus is spreading quickly. Just cause you do t have a co formed case does not mean it is not around. Get real. Shelter in Place. Walk and bike around your neighborhoods. Don’t get in your cars, use fuel, go to gas stations, park at crowded trailheads to pre tend life is normal. It is not normal. Stop being twats.

Everything is so simple to the simpleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Stop being twats.
    And there in lies the flaw in your argument. People are twats. And Americans are a fairly disobedient group. Shut down the parks and trailheads and they'll still be twats, congregating in even smaller spaces. A shelter in place order only works if people obey. Plus most people don't have big houses and big back yards. Being cooped up in a small spaces isn't healthy, mentally or physically. And walking biking around neighborhoods is every bit as likely to result in transmission as trail or BC use. Sure the injury risk might be higher skiing than biking, but I don't think jumping straight to an all-out ban is wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    You guys are going to get fucked. Shelf room in Place and then complaints about getting hassled when you drive around and cross county lines to recreate. That is not what Shelter in Place means. Oh, I get it. You don’t think your kids are going to be the 12 year old who’s fighting for her life on a respirator. Or this is just the old people getting sick. Your actions are fucking selfish. Healthcare and first responders are lacking PPE. The virus is spreading quickly. Just cause you do t have a co formed case does not mean it is not around. Get real. Shelter in Place. Walk and bike around your neighborhoods. Don’t get in your cars, use fuel, go to gas stations, park at crowded trailheads to pre tend life is normal. It is not normal. Stop being twats.
    The level of entitlement is amazing.....muh freedoms! yeah, selfish fucking twats.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    And there in lies the flaw in your argument. People are twats. And Americans are a fairly disobedient group. Shut down the parks and trailheads and they'll still be twats, congregating in even smaller spaces. A shelter in place order only works if people obey. Plus most people don't have big houses and big back yards. Being cooped up in a small spaces isn't healthy, mentally or physically. And walking biking around neighborhoods is every bit as likely to result in transmission as trail or BC use. Sure the injury risk might be higher skiing than biking, but I don't think jumping straight to an all-out ban is wise.
    I don’t think walking or biking around neighborhoods, while keeping 6’ min apart, will result in transmission. It’s not indefinitely airborne. And being in the sun (vit D and UV) might even suppress it.

Just read on FB from the Friends of the CAIC that there have been 7 rider triggered slides/close calls in the San Juans in the last 3 days. So maybe closing the BC isn't about stopping you and your daughters meadow skipping, it's about stopping law enforcement from having to try and differentiate between your safe meadow skipping and the people skiing that are leading to potential injuries or SAR calls.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What are the authorities supposed to do? What are we all supposed to do? My opinion is that if it feels like a vacations, it's probably wrong. If it feels like a day trip to recreate in some open space, it's probably OK.

You wanna cruise up to Berthoud this afternoon, make some laps then return back to the front range...totally cool.

You wanna book a VRBO, shop at Safeway in WP, go up to the C-Lot, act festive and shit in the wood...not that cool.

Here is what GC is saying

Social Responsibility
    The public must respect the fact that small mountain communities are NOT safe havens from COVID-19 and we have very limited resources and supplies. Grand County only has three small emergency departments and only two major grocery providers for the 15,000 permanent residents living here. We do not have the capacity to feed, house and care for a large number of visitors, especially immunocompromised or high-risk individuals. Please take this to heart when you think about traveling in Colorado. The safest actions you can take are to stay at home, enjoy some fresh air and take care of your mind and body during this challenging time. The more we self-quarantine physically, the better we will be able to fend off the virus in our communities.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    none of this is healthy, we're just trying to (at least some are) make us as safe as we can be as a society for this relatively short term event.

Is your argument against shelter in place orders that we shouldn't issue them or try to enforce them because people aren't or won't obey them? Really?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy