Page 817 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,425 of 41257
    I skied dragon's tail last friday. Both sides were in and we skied the skier's right. Skier's left had a sneak around the cornice but looked good to go. There was a little rock band to negotiate in the skier's right line, but it was smooth sailing through the choke. Not a very good freeze that night, but the snow held up ok.

It's not over...go high!

Today: Snow showers likely before 11am, then rain and snow showers likely between 11am and noon, then snow showers after noon. Some thunder is also possible. Temperature falling to around 32 by 5pm. West northwest wind 6 to 8 mph becoming east northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Tonight:
    Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 23. East southeast wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Tuesday: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a high near 32. East southeast wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

2 feet of looks to be possible east of the divide

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    I skied dragon's tail last friday. Both sides were in and we skied the skier's right. Skier's left had a sneak around the cornice but looked good to go. There was a little rock band to negotiate in the skier's right line, but it was smooth sailing through the choke. Not a very good freeze that night, but the snow held up ok.

Nice. That's on my list along with silver couloir

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Going high only works if you can see . Tue or Wed looks good though. Definitely by Thu.

Quote Originally Posted by skinewhere View Post
    Nice. That's on my list along with silver couloir
    Hoping to hit the silver next Saturday.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sweet day up on Peak 1 on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post

Was light super flat up there? I might have well skied with my eyes closed off the divide in Butlers gulch Sunday. Still fun though

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post

Nice. Such a great summit. What line did you ski? Care to share anything about the snowpack?

Anyone else skiing tomorrow? All the bums I know are working

I am.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I'll be out later. Gotta make some money first

Just enough snow at BP to provide some good float.

We actually caught a brief glimpse of good enough light on Peak 1 for the descent, so not too bad at all. The snowpack was great on the ridge for skinning and climbing and about a foot of mank on top of a consolidated base underneath on the ski. We skied the east face chute the first main chutes you run into off of the east ridge. A ski cut across the top got a small wet slide to run most of the length of the chute. The ski out of that basin kind of sucks, it was snow covered most of the way, only had to hike about 15 minutes once we intersected the trail.

That peak is awesome, so many lines, the canyon gully line looked great, we saw some tracks down that way and considered dropping down that but decided against since we had no idea which way that line goes.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

That line can get pretty gnarly. Route finding down low can be tricky depending on coverage.

Total hero powder today. Ski as fast as you want. Really surprising conditions considering the snotels. Looking forward to tomorrow. Some of the fastest hero snow all season I'd say.

Got out after work. Not powder but nice wet surfy snow. The snowmobile riders were stoked since you could get up anything (that you could see).

anyone been on Buffalo/the Silver recently? Curious what to expect since I'll be hitting it Saturday; will I be doing any downclimibing at the bottom?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    anyone been on Buffalo/the Silver recently? Curious what to expect since I'll be hitting it Saturday; will I be doing any downclimibing at the bottom?
    Not unless you ski Maximum Elvis by accident, which is a frequent occurrence.

not familiar with the names, is that the couloir to skiers right of the silver, that doesn't go?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    not familiar with the names, is that the couloir to skiers right of the silver, that doesn't go?
    Skiers left

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    Skiers left
    Yep, just don't depend on following someone else's tracks. Last year, about this time, multiple groups followed tracks into that couloir and one guy had a bad day when an avalanche, kicked off by his buddies, pushed him over a 50' waterfall.

Sounds like there's another Elvis skier's right, that's the one I was thinking, didn't even know about one to the left. I have skied the Silver a couple of times, so hopefully won't follow tracks to the wrong couloir. Hopefully.

So fun out there

You should ride "Elvis's Crotch" , best line up there. Silver used be called Big Elvis, then Little Elvis skier's right. Crotch in the middle of course.

How's the snowpack down in the San Juans holding up?