Page 1147 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 ... LastLast
Results 28,651 to 28,675 of 41256
    How are the conditions at abasin?

Sorry if re-post:
    Is this Joels summertime venture? My OpenSnow log-in works and gives the extended info cuz I kicked the extra ducats for the Snow side.
    https://opensummit.com/user/basecamp

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBeat View Post
    How are the conditions at abasin?
    Un. Real.

Purg was an absolute goat-fuck this morning. I showed up a wee bit late, right around when the lifts started loading, and traffic was backed up onto Hwy 550. Upper lot already closed and a hudge throng of peeps waiting for the shuttle at the lower lots. I guess that the $30 day-lift tickets had something to do with that. Only Chair 1 (one) was running. Fuck that shit!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I had 18" and shoveled 3x this end of week. Super glad I didn't take my snows off, even though my summers are dug out. What? I want to plant shit. Dammit.

Thinking of playing hooky some day this week and skiing the Basin. Maybe Thursday?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Back to mid winter in Steamboat? Best season ever? It has been for me. Lol

^is it really?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thinking of playing hooky some day this week and skiing the Basin. Maybe Thursday?
    Thursday it is!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by jesski View Post
    ^is it really?

Yeah I'm sure some old fart will say some year in the 90s was better. Or even 2010/11 but we didn't have snowmobiles even close to this good back then. Haha so yeah best winter ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thursday it is!
    anyone skiing the Basin tomorrow and want to connect?

ABasin will be open until June 23rd at least!

2008 was this good (or better) for us... but yeah, this year is one for the books.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

nuking in breck right now, big fat wet flakes
    makes me want to hook up with a fat chick to keep warm

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Yeah I'm sure some old fart will say some year in the 90s was better. Or even 2010/11 but we didn't have snowmobiles even close to this good back then. Haha so yeah best winter ever.
    Young man, the Winter of 74-75 was the shit. The 90s is modern times.

Hot pow (3") this skied well at the Basin this morning. Snow in the afternoon up high, and wet snow at the base.

All in all a good day.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

So my kid gets out of school tomorrow...when she goes back in August and they ask what did you do on your summer vacation, she could actually say, “went skiing in Colorado”, that would be a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    So my kid gets out of school tomorrow...when she goes back in August and they ask what did you do on your summer vacation, she could actually say, “went skiing in Colorado”, that would be a trip.
    they could definitely do that, snowing in Breckenridge now on may 29; looks more like winter than weeks away from the summer solstice.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Too much fun to stop! Skied emporer on Torrey’s this afternoon closer to 6in above 12,5/13. Pretty amazing snow. Absolutely zero wind all day.

That sounds fucking rad. Solid work.

The best season is the one where you had the most fun...but yeah...it has been the coolest snowiest spring in I can't remember how long. There are lines around here that I have never seen filled in. Excavators (and therefore framers) are waiting for it to dry out to get back to work. I think I've worn a t-shirt for about 15 mins. in the last month and a half. WP does not have even one barespot visible from town. They are still saying they are opening for biking on 6/15. Runoff usually peaks in the 2nd week in June and he hasn't even started. It all looks to change this weekend. Get it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    2008 was this good (or better) for us... but yeah, this year is one for the books.

Stability was a lot better, that’s for sure. Plus I was eleven years younger, which is getting kind of big now.
    This year was easily top five, of the 38 that I’ve had a pass.

Rode up with Dinkus Sunday. Skico told him to not go crazy, but they’ll spin 3 till the 4th, if he can maintain a run.

Quote Originally Posted by mt_wilson View Post
    Too much fun to stop! Skied emporer on Torrey’s this afternoon closer to 6in above 12,5/13. Pretty amazing snow. Absolutely zero wind all day.

dude, it has been so nice back there, and I’m still loving the TH slide stuff (dead dog, rat tail, Edwards coulies)

I feel we are getting closer to being able to drive to the bridge, but there’s a lot of slide (tree) debris that’s in the way...

I’d really like to go up there with a chainsaw and clean it up a bit... hmmm

"In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by jesski View Post
    dude, it has been so nice back there, and I’m still loving the TH slide stuff (dead dog, rat tail, Edwards coulies)

I feel we are getting closer to being able to drive to the bridge, but there’s a lot of slide (tree) debris that’s in the way...

I’d really like to go up there with a chainsaw and clean it up a bit... hmmm

I need to send those three this year still! Done emporer 2x and tuning forks once. Hard to do anything else when it’s spring pow... shelted N facing has been holding the goods!! My overly optimistic link up idea is up emporer, down dead dog, up grays, down west face, back up Torrey’s and down emporer to car.

There is still one big slide (kelso) covering the road, about a mile from summer TH. I took my VW golf up to the junction of grizzly gultch and grays/Torrey TH. No problem. An SUV could have made it almost to the slide.

>700%? Incredible. This may become my new avi.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snotel 05:19.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	284271

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    >700%? Incredible. This may become my new avi.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snotel 05:19.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	284271
    That’s amazing!