Page 1107 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 ... LastLast
Results 27,651 to 27,675 of 41265
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    There is good touring right in Minturn. Talk to the folks at Weston, they will hook you up.
    Cool thanks. Will check them out.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    There is good touring right in Minturn. Talk to the folks at Weston, they will hook you up.
    There's always the classic tour to Minturn after skiing at Vail.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Jesus= the wind
    Bowling ball= the Spine on Pallavicini
    Those other dudes=innocent onlookers when they see people making 2 turns down to the bus stop
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 659
Size:  113.4 KB

It seemed somewhere between scoured and buffed tbh, still skied pretty fun though.

Hey anyone want to ski the bald spot off of beaver creek tomorrow afternoon? If not is it pretty self explanatory and OK to do solo?
    Found it in powder project so not a secret stash. Also saw that run from Vail to Minturn.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Hey anyone want to ski the bald spot off of beaver creek tomorrow afternoon? If not is it pretty self explanatory and OK to do solo?
    Found it in powder project so not a secret stash. Also saw that run from Vail to Minturn.

As long as you take it switch to the saloon.
    You should have been here yesterday!

This has all the making of a Butthurt Weekend (tm). I'd love to be wrong...we will see.

I'd been keeping a really good attitude at the mountain until last Saturday. I think February brings the high dollar week long guest (noun: a person who spends some time at another person's home in some social activity, as a visit, dinner, or party) who has a propensity to be a special kind of asshole.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Would recommend steering clear of it’s east face. Pretty dangerous terrain - lots of windloading, etc. The rest of it pretty normal backcountry terrain though and gets a lot more skier traffic too.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 02-13-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    This has all the making of a Butthurt Weekend (tm). I'd love to be wrong...we will see.

I'd been keeping a really good attitude at the mountain until last Saturday. I think February brings the high dollar week long guest (noun: a person who spends some time at another person's home in some social activity, as a visit, dinner, or party) who has a propensity to be a special kind of asshole.
    I think you are 100% correct, we are pulling the plug and getting out town for the 3 day weekend. Epic "high dollar week long guests" can have their way without me at CB this weekend.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Does Purgatory get plenty of extra visitors as well? They're supposed to get some nice snow, but I might opt for lesser conditions and more elbow room.
    Snow level is supposed to be 8000/9000 feet as well, might not bode well for them.

The snow level forecast rarely is a problem with actual rain What will likely happen is specific small areas will get pounded. Jones Pass is one of my go to areas for a storm like this. Feet of snow. Certain areas of the ski resorts will suck while others get dumped on. Whales tail at Breck is another example.

I should create a website with my forecasts...and then sell out to corporate ski area sponsors then make my website less and less imformative....

Atmospheric river headed to CO.
    Booooing!!

One of these years soon before

The End of Winter as We Know It tm

I need to just set up shop in the PNW and spend a whole season there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0CADADC-60FF-4BE9-BAE5-BD160FE01F67.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	652.2 KB 
ID:	269515

Starting to get pretty gloomy out. No snow yet....

Another warm and windy start to a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Does Purgatory get plenty of extra visitors as well? They're supposed to get some nice snow, but I might opt for lesser conditions and more elbow room.
    Snow level is supposed to be 8000/9000 feet as well, might not bode well for them.
    crowded for Purg is nothing like what you're used to up here. Locals might complain but I think you'd still find it fairly empty.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thanks D. Still debating it depending on how the storm rolls in. Might still head down but might end up at Monarch as a backup plan. Anyone else headed those ways let me know if you want to collaborate.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Thanks D. Still debating it depending on how the storm rolls in. Might still head down but might end up at Monarch as a backup plan. Anyone else headed those ways let me know if you want to collaborate.
    Think I’m skiing purgatory either Saturday or Monday. Will be at Silverton on Sunday.

I could maybe be talked into Monarch Monday instead of Purgatory if the snow lines up.

Let’s collaborate.
    You should have been here yesterday!

The snow level forecast rarely is a problem with actual rain What will likely happen is specific small areas will get pounded. Jones Pass is one of my go to areas for a storm like this. Feet of snow. Certain areas of the ski resorts will suck while others get dumped on. Whales tail at Breck is another example.
    It is almost as if you.....nah...there is no way...carry on.

Already liking what I'm seeing. Thank you, sweet baby Ullr, for forsaking the dreaded NW flow for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Already liking what I'm seeing. Thank you, sweet baby Ullr, for forsaking the dreaded NW flow for the next few days.
    Yep, so far so good. I went up and took a couple laps for an extended lunch, Silver Queen wasnt spinning, I hope they get it going for the AM
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I'm at 6700 feet in Eagle and it's snowing pretty consistently... so unless things start warming up, I don't think snow levels will be a problem with this storm.

it was snowing in vail this afternoon
    but wasn't snowing at the top of the pass
    the storm is dud

I think everyone should go south this weekend, purg, cb, wolf creek, telluride

Snowing at the St Moritz at the base of Aspen. Snowed this afternoon on the hill but not much accumulated. Still a pretty fun day

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 inches an hour at the boat. Gassing up the sled now....

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Yep, so far so good. I went up and took a couple laps for an extended lunch, Silver Queen wasnt spinning, I hope they get it going for the AM
    Really curious when Vail is finally going to say screw it and announce a new SQ lift for next year, too. She's getting pretty old...