Page 649 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,225 of 41291
    ^^^Gracias. Shouldn't be below treeline much

Supposed to get some dusting over the next few days, but what's A-basin like in the mourning?

Boiler plate, then slush after lunch?

Will be up, but trying to figure out if an extra night is a waste, or if could just be there by lunch one day.

It hasn't been slushy after lunch this week...but yeah icy in the AM

Muchas gracias!

should be arriving at abasin sometime friday morning. As much as I love sleeping in the back of my car, if anyone in the area has a couch or floor they would be willing to offer up at any point it would be much appreciated.

if anyone is looking to ride I'll be on black/blue rossi S6/sickle's w/ safety orange pivots. stoked for some mid may skiing.

Any human observation updates from the Elks. Stability/snow coverage on North facing slopes? May try to check our Castle or North Maroon Sunday. Maroon Lakes road opened yesterday.
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

I'm curious about recent observations of N-NNE (and S) slopes from Summit, since I'm hoping to bag Buffalo on Sunday.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm thinking of Cristo Sunday. Concerned of the rapid warmup Sunday is going to bring to that S facing line.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by cold_smoke View Post
    Any human observation updates from the Elks. Stability/snow coverage on North facing slopes? May try to check our Castle or North Maroon Sunday. Maroon Lakes road opened yesterday.
    Nice, having the road open makes things much easier.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Things were bomber on Buff on Mon/Tue, but the weather is quite different now. Silver got gangbanged, fyi. Got it early and avoided the mess, but between Mon and Tue, it saw about 16 ppl at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm curious about recent observations of N-NNE (and S) slopes from Summit, since I'm hoping to bag Buffalo on Sunday.
    I skied N above treeline today, Porcupine ridge above Loveland. The snow was really nice, a few inches of dense winter-like snow and I feel secure about pack stability underneath. ymmv

Also, I would guess there's enough new snow to cover any tracks on silver, but I would go tomorrow morning and be parked by 5am.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Shoot me a pm if anyone is getting after it in the elks or summit zone on sunday. Having a hard time rallying a possey. Could definitely be down for Cristo if nothing else.
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

Went up to give Citadel a shot this morning, was raining decently to about 50' vertical below the Herman Gulch TH. Was 37F and lightly snowing there, the snow was total mush, and the winds were howling. Didn't even put boots on, came home to try to be productive.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Rained here too at 9100. But it was 29F at ABasin at 4am and they reported 5" of snow. Two days ago they had 7" and I skied adjacent woods and it was fluffy on the top sections and wet/creamy at the bottom, really fun. Oh and yesterday it was snowing and graupel in the Loveland parking lot when I got down from touring in the afternoon. No rain.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Mushfest near Crystal Peak. Pulled plug, but not before skinning 3.0 miles in. Womp Womp.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Mushfest near Crystal Peak. Pulled plug, but not before skinning 3.0 miles in. Womp Womp.
    Please elaborate.

You were hearing noises from the pack?

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Yeah, planning on being near that area tomorrow. More info? If you were going for a high altitude mission, not sure why the approach would scare you away - might've been very different at 11k+ where the pitch kicks up into avy territory?

Nice morning at the Basin. A few laps through North Glade -> West Turbo to start it off until the East Wall opened. Got into Prom Date and Willie's. The pow was good in there !

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    Please elaborate.

You were hearing noises from the pack?
    No snowpack noises - "womp womp" = sounds of resignation

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    More info? If you were going for a high altitude mission, not sure why the approach would scare you away - might've been very different at 11k+ where the pitch kicks up into avy territory?
    Maybe my mileage is off - we got to 12400' before bailing. Still punching deep on skins at that elevation. Definitely didn't seem like there was much of a freeze. That said, we didn't observe any wet slide activity.

Caveat: we were waaaay later than I'd typically like for an East facing route. Probably turned around at ~9:45. I'd expected forecasted cloud cover to buy us time, but once the inversion burned off it was full on sun from 7AM on so that was a factor. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by North; 05-17-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Still plenty of snow out there. This is off hwy 91 with a 300cm probe last week.
    edit: And,this was a pretty wind affected area.
    Last edited by MiCol; 05-18-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Still plenty of snow out there.
    2nd that.

Only reason i can figure Abasin closing 1st week of june is they just dont get the people after memorial day to keep the lifts turning.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

They are staying open in weekends after that. It's DEAD during the week
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Awesome day today... yeah, there's a skier in there (behind the huge plume of snow).

Decent if not deep freeze in Grays Torrey's area Sat night. I think mostly radiative with clear skies but temps only 33 low. East and South aspects were pretty soggy though.

Hit tuning forks. Was crusty pow up high. Quite a mob over there - at least 12 or 15 folks on it or heading that way.