Page 1126 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 ... LastLast
Results 28,126 to 28,150 of 41143
    Thanks, found it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    stay outta my line

Bombing in Ten Mile and just saw a pretty huge slide go. Watching live. Don't know if it covered the road yet. Pretty cool to watch on a sunday morning while eating breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Bombing in Ten Mile and just saw a pretty huge slide go. Watching live. Don't know if it covered the road yet. Pretty cool to watch on a sunday morning while eating breakfast!
    Good call. Just started watching. I can’t wait to see Bethel go.

Stuck at home with the flu watching that feed. That last one (about 1015) went big though she just said it didn't put much debris on the road.

https://www.facebook.com/coloradodot...9875419267458/

Another just went pretty big at 10:29. Looks like it crossed the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    This non-fatal incident or another one?

https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...=711&accfm=rep
    Looks like they just posted this. Condolences.
    https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...=710&accfm=rep

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Terrible.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    This non-fatal incident or another one?

https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...=711&accfm=rep
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    holy crap. Sounds like it could have easily been 3 fatalities.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Saw a disturbing skin track today. In area that has multiple ways to ascend and descend safely, some one chose to head up a 38ish degree slope under the only cornice within a miles or so. This wasn't even close to the easiest, most direct way up. Nearby bowl with the same aspect (probably 500' higher) that is visible on the same approach showed an R3 D3. It was like someone was going out of their way to tempt fate. It's also an area that sees a lot of inexperienced BC skiers in part because it is so easy to avoid steeper slopes. I can't help but worry someone will follow this track. Ugh.

Plan to ski Hidden Valley was foiled by my dog's forlorn look as I was heading out the door. Had a good meadow skip. Decided to get some video of the old timer. Cross post from Doggie Stoke thread:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190310_110527.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	848.5 KB 
ID:	273400

Last edited by I've seen black diamonds!; 03-10-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Saw a disturbing skin track today. In area that has multiple ways to ascend and descend safely, some one chose to head up a 38ish degree slope under the only cornice within a miles or so. This wasn't even close to the easiest, most direct way up. Nearby bowl with the same aspect (probably 500' higher) that is visible on the same approach showed an R3 D3. It was like someone was going out of their way to tempt fate. It's also an area that sees a lot of inexperienced BC skiers in part because it is so easy to avoid steeper slopes. I can't help but worry someone will follow this track. Ugh.

Plan to ski Hidden Valley was foiled by my dog's forlorn look as I was heading out the door. Had a good meadow skip. Decided to get some video of the old time. Cross post from Doggie Stoke thread:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190310_110527.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	848.5 KB 
ID:	273400

What zone are you referencing?

Bald Mountain in Nederland. Big avy was to the north in one of the east facing bowls on the flank of South Araphoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    holy crap. Sounds like it could have easily been 3 fatalities.
    If I'm not mistaken it was two separate events? One in Mt CB, and another in CB South? But not sure. Super sad, can't imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    If I'm not mistaken it was two separate events? One in Mt CB, and another in CB South? But not sure. Super sad, can't imagine.
    I didn't look too closely at locations, but yes, two separate events. One with a long term burial and almost fatality, and one with 2 burials and one fatality.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There is some scary stuff going on out there right now.

ISBD -- that's a heckin' good dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    What time did they end opening the road up?

Got to the traffic line just before 7 and waited until about 830 but bailed and went to keystone for a few laps.
    It opened about 9:15. Was interesting parking the car and doing the mad dash to put the boots on and race over to Pali once it finally opened). Had an amazing run down the Steep Gullies right after it was opened. Crazy thing was that it wasn't that crowded but assuming that was due to everyone giving up and going to places that were opened in the am. You could basically ski right on Pali from 1:30 til the end of the day and the drive home was a breezy and I left at 3:45 (anti I-70 suck thread doesn't happen often).

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

The collection of avy vids out there is unbelievable. Red Mountain Pass/550 is fucking buried.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    The collection of avy vids out there is unbelievable. Red Mountain Pass/550 is fucking buried.
    Closed indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Those videos are wild. The amount of snow coming down and burying the highway is unreal. They’re going to be digging it out for weeks. More snow on the way too

Anybody want a Crested Butte ticket voucher (Mon-Thurs) or 2 for 1 (Fri-Sat)? Odds of me making it down are very slim. Want it to get used.

Preference to folks I've skied with, who've been around TGR for a while, or have evidence that they are a true dirt bag.

I'm interested in the voucher. I think I qualify for cretia 2 & 3. Dirtbag gets thrown around pretty loosely these days, but I can send you a photo of my mullet, van (low roof cargo, no sprinter bs) that I'm currently posting from, or the pee bottle that I'll probably use later this evening. Or all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I'm interested in the voucher. I think I qualify for cretia 2 & 3. Dirtbag gets thrown around pretty loosely these days, but I can send you a photo of my mullet, van (low roof cargo, no sprinter bs) that I'm currently posting from, or the pee bottle that I'll probably use later this evening. Or all 3.
    It's yours. PM me to figure out handoff. Shouldn't be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The hype is real! Don't even try to go outside!