Page 1401 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 ... LastLast
Results 35,001 to 35,025 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    local on the 8's
    Oh man. Remember when at least one TV in every ski town bar was tuned to that. And everyone would look up from their beer to see the forecast when it was on the 8's. #old

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I basically go to the same ski area, and ski the same runs off the same lift, everyfuckingday anyway so snow forecasts pretty much just motivate me to take more time off work and ski. They don't really determine where I'm going skiing very often.
    Ya mean you don’t get #fomo is your resort gets 3” and Flail gets 15”? Geez no footy for the boyz?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    local on the 8's
    And the 'local' forecast for Dillon was out of Eagle. The January '96 forecast was "snow showers" nearly every day and it was dumping double digits every day at the Basin. 100"+ base by the end of the month. My newb ass thought that was status quo.....hands down the best month of skiing in my life.

Member when Joel was Colorado Powder Forecast when he first started out in '10/'11......and he under forecasted every single NW flow storm that pummeled us? Ahhhhh........the good 'ole days. Haha.

Yeah, Highpoint/Thomas' Weather is the goods.
    Old's Cool.

I always used to call the CAIC and listen to the full report. It had snow totals if you listened to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It also bothers me that all the resorts now refer to OpenSnow as the soothsayer of snow. Makes me suspicious he’s getting quietly paid by them.
    OH MY GOD I can't believe the guy is generating revenue with his business. The horror

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I always used to call the CAIC and listen to the full report. It had snow totals if you listened to the end.
    That used to be my morning ritual on the shitter every day.

Here's the HP link for those who don't follow or want to check it out:

https://blog.highpointwx.com/forecasts/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

OpenSnow is great because I can favorite webcams from places like Galena, Monashees, Mt Baker and Alyeska and see what copious amounts of snow actually looks like.
    It makes me feel better about my choice to live in a place where 12" creates "ALL TIME" conditions.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 12-09-2021 at 02:17 PM.

yup go check out japan/BC snow totals then hop on 70 for the 10 whoops I mean 50 minute drive to copper! for a mega 5 inch day

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    And the 'local' forecast for Dillon was out of Eagle. The January '96 forecast was "snow showers" nearly every day and it was dumping double digits every day at the Basin. 100"+ base by the end of the month. My newb ass thought that was status quo.....hands down the best month of skiing in my life.
    Ahhh... January '96. Good times...

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    OH MY GOD I can't believe the guy is generating revenue with his business. The horror
    It’s not that. It’s biased forecasting if he’s getting paid by Epic to hype or over exaggerate the snowfall forecast at their mountains. That’s my issue.

I can see Joel taking epiconic money, but I can't see that changing his forecast. Don't spread bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I can see Joel taking epiconic money, but I can't see that changing his forecast. Don't spread bullshit.
    Forecast no, but the fluff around it trying to make it sound better than it actually is? Absolutely.

I feel like I’m reading one of those recipe blogs when I read the Colorado Daily Snow. You know…the ones where people write about their year abroad in Italy and you gotta scroll all the way to the bottom to get their fucking chicken parm recipe? A bunch of unimportant framing followed by very little substance.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I feel like I’m reading one of those recipe blogs when I read the Colorado Daily Snow. You know…the ones where people write about their year abroad in Italy and you gotta scroll all the way to the bottom to get their fucking chicken parm recipe? A bunch of unimportant framing followed by very little substance.
    So stop reading it?

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    So stop reading it?
    Too easy, we should spend another 2-3 pages at least talking about Open Snow rather than actually talking about the weather.

i looked outside, its cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    i looked outside, its cloudy
    Advanced obs: looked outside, solid wall of light grey, cloud deck 8300, no vis above.

Go read the Tahoe Daily Snow comments. At least they aren't a bunch of miserable bastards about everything all the time. Good for Joel. He made something for himself and inspired a bunch of other people to do it. Like many have said, there are other options so if you don't like it leave. We know no one will bc most would rather just have something to complain about when the weather is bad.

Well it's been snowing on and off in Silverton since yesterday but is really starting to pile up now. DWG is calling for 28 to 36 inches of snow on Wolf Creek Pass by tomorrow evening, which would be pretty incredible. I'm guessing we will see Red Mountain pass close at least before the weekend.

Is I70 closed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Is I70 closed yet?
    I looked outside but I can't see it from my office, maybe Joel knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    DWG is calling for 28 to 36 inches of snow on Wolf Creek Pass by tomorrow evening.
    On top of ten inches the past few days.

Today was fuckin' epic! A lot of runs (e.g., Windjammer) are filling in, and there were tracks to be made. Under white-out visibility, of course.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

CB flexing.....we all needed this

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Eight inches at my house this morning! And at least that much snow (elev. aprox. seven thousand feet).
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

1/2” in Denver. Latest snow evah.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    CB flexing.....we all needed this

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    For real. Totals looking good in the Elks and Juans. We got a ton of rain in Montrose and about 1/2" of nasty slick shit on the ground now. The only thing I'll be shredding until Sunday is the desk but I'm damn glad to see this!