Page 902 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 ... LastLast
Results 22,526 to 22,550 of 41032
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Never quite understood what people liked about that mountain so much. It gets dumped on sometimes, but it is flatter than vail in most places, and has a way lower elevation. I will admit the trees are pretty nice in some places.

Is there something super dope about steamboat I don't understand ? Haha
    It ranks high in the factors I care most about, and it's no coincidence my top 2 days are there...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SB.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	204446

I do think you either love it or hate it, not much of an inbetween feeling on the place, and that's OK.

I think Christmas tree bowl is steeper than anything at Vail?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Ooooft
    Steamboat looking horrific
    Biking soon
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Haven't been over Vail pass in daytime since Feb. Wow do Vail and Beav look in rough shape.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    It ranks high in the factors I care most about, and it's no coincidence my top 2 days are there...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SB.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	204446

I do think you either love it or hate it, not much of an inbetween feeling on the place, and that's OK.

I think Christmas tree bowl is steeper than anything at Vail?
    I'm in the middle - I like SS. I wish it had some alpine though. And I think Vail has some steeper shots but neither come close to CB.

Yeah, steamboat is great on the right kind of day, it's a good mountain but definitely not a great one. I wish I knew it better, it's kind of a strange mountain and I only know some of the good shots.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Right kind of day ? They crank out 370" a year at the top of the Gondi, so they have more of those days than anyone in the state not named Wolf Creek. That's kind of the point. And those trees....

Never mind . Stay away!

I think SS will (or is) likely be the first big casualty of global warming in CO, unfortunately.

Sick day in the park today. Super crowded with free park day but damn smooth steep corn is pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Haven't been over Vail pass in daytime since Feb. Wow do Vail and Beav look in rough shape.
    Less than 220" and crazy warm all winter. Hope it cools off for summer.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Less than 220" and crazy warm all winter. Hope it cools off for summer.
    Biking!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Biking!
    Yep and lots of stuff mid and down valley opened today. Berry Creek has been open and already has about 3" of dust.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by rmnpsplitter View Post
    Sick day in the park today. Super crowded with free park day but damn smooth steep corn is pretty sweet.

Nice! Notchtop?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Nice! Notchtop?
    Yeah, spire couloir. Busy day up there. Parking lot was pretty full at 6:30. Can't even imagine what a complete shit show DT was.... we were one of three parties that dropped the spire.

Looks smooth as hell. Hard to capture how steep and awesome that is in a photo.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1492378648.636718.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  217.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Looks smooth as hell. Hard to capture how steep and awesome that is in a photo.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1492378648.636718.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  217.1 KB
    Yeah we rode the ridge and dropped the line lookers right of the red line in that photo. Super smooth at the top but yeah photos never do it justice. That top section is steep and sustained, so awesome! Such a treat to get it top to bottom without any rock hopping. Prob only a couple more weeks to get it in that condition. Still riding that high!

FKNA !

Awesome! Thanks for the beta, gonna have to go get that soon.

Yeah we rode the ridge and dropped the line lookers right of the red line in that photo. Super smooth at the top but yeah photos never do it justice. That top section is steep and sustained, so awesome! Such a treat to get it top to bottom without any rock hopping. Prob only a couple more weeks to get it in that condition. Still riding that high!
    Nice one! We skied this today from the skiers far right entrance. It has seen some traffic this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Right kind of day ? They crank out 370" a year at the top of the Gondi, so they have more of those days than anyone in the state not named Wolf Creek. That's kind of the point. And those trees....

Never mind . Stay away!
    I just noticed the person on the ground in this pic haha. Is this your photo? What the hell is going on there?

I just noticed the person on the ground in this pic haha. Is this your photo? What the hell is going on there?
    Yep! Late afternoon on the singletrack back to the base. Nice large mud hole had developed, everyone was stopping to walk or jerrystep it, except this gal. She came in hot and wrecked immediately. Quite the scene down there.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 04-17-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Nice I think I met you guys at bottom? We were three skiers that came came down after a group of splitboarders. I rescued someone's hat and gloves in the apron

Winter is coming back in right now:

Quote Originally Posted by mt_wilson View Post
    Nice I think I met you guys at bottom? We were three skiers that came came down after a group of splitboarders. I rescued someone's hat and gloves in the apron
    Yeah that was us! Sick day up there. We did our best not to scrape it out too bad haha. I was the guy wandering around like a fool looking for it when you guys came down. You snagged my hat, not sure about the gloves... maybe someone else in our group?? I had the hat draped over my axe on my pack and the wind was ripping when we started our climb and it flew right off and like 60 feet thru the air. I was gonna say fuck it but I just shaved my head a month ago for baldricks and did not want to have to wear my coat and hood the whole skin out. So thanks for that!

Anybody know the status of The Maid, behind Abay? It looked decent a couple of months ago but I haven't gotten a look at it in a while. I'm also curious to know if there's downed timber from the January slide that took out the house.

Yeah that was us! Sick day up there. We did our best not to scrape it out too bad haha. I was the guy wandering around like a fool looking for it when you guys came down. You snagged my hat, not sure about the gloves... maybe someone else in our group?? I had the hat draped over my axe on my pack and the wind was ripping when we started our climb and it flew right off and like 60 feet thru the air. I was gonna say fuck it but I just shaved my head a month ago for baldricks and did not want to have to wear my coat and hood the whole skin out. So thanks for that!
    I do Baldricks as well. Sometimes March/April can be a little chilly sans headwear.