Page 1427 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 ... LastLast
Results 35,651 to 35,675 of 41290
    major thaw here in the RFV too.. wasn't up on the hill so not sure how interesting it'll be tomorrow morning.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Pow went back to crystal late in the day. Pushed it until dark. Crazy how it settled so mcuh

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    The basin absolutely delivered yesterday morning. Only skied til 11 since I had to work but even with the little bit larger (mostly ikon pass) line at pali you still never waited more than 5 minutes to get on the chair. That's the busiest it gets there now and it really wasn't that bad.
    Went from 9-almost 2 yesterday with no breaks except for waiting on a friend to meet at bottom of lift.

Only real wait was Pali to open, and second ride up Pali, but that was under 10 for sure.

Lapped Beav the rest of the day, and had to alternate sides maybe twice.

Glockenspiel rope drop.

I love my country club membership.

Waiting for Pali to open, only pic I took all day

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    major thaw here in the RFV too.. wasn't up on the hill so not sure how interesting it'll be tomorrow morning.
    The sunniest exposures in the dumps were creamy goodness. Bingo wasn’t as soft on my last run around 2.
    Snow started about 5am in Snowmass.

Thinking of staying here today.

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post

Heh.....that's me in the bright red jacket with green Glade goggles on the left side of the photo. Great day out there!
    Old's Cool.

Today was surprisingly good. HAMMER snowed most of the morning. S and E aspects were baked from yesterday esrly but got better as the morning went along and N facing stuff was real good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Heh.....that's me in the bright red jacket with green Glade goggles on the left side of the photo. Great day out there!
    Definitely skied right next to ya at one point. haha

Looking good here in Breck right now. A good 4-5" up there and still coming down

Remember when Loveland didn't track out in the first hour and everyone sprayed about it?

Everyone spraying about the basin will create Epic(tm) results next season

First rule of fight club and powder stashes is...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

What a day. Overproducing storm, they finally open international, the north face (no hiking!), and then the front side too. Coverage is as good as I've even seen it, the rock skis won't come out this year.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Seriously. Inch an hour all morning and then past noon. Surfs up!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    the rock skis won't come out this year.
    Have you moved away from CB? Or sworn off T-bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Remember when Loveland didn't track out in the first hour and everyone sprayed about it?

Everyone spraying about the basin will create Epic(tm) results next season

First rule of fight club and powder stashes is...
    The only reason I'd see that happening is that a whole lot of people are going to switch to Ikon after the epic fail this season. Even last season I noticed loveland was quite a bit busier than the basin, I think that's just very close proximity to Denver and cheaper tickets.

However, I'm pretty confident that if it did get bad at the basin they would do something about it. That's their whole angle right now.

Apparently there were verbal and physical altercations between guests and staff at the Eldora road block in Ned yesterday. Shit is at the boiling point.

There's no fucking condos at the basin.
    If you are staying in Keystone, you probably have an epic pass, so you ain't driving up the hill to buy a day pass when you can walk out your condo and hop on a gondola.
    There's a few mediocre bars/restaurants, but the place clears out after the lifts stop spinning.
    There is a severe lack of green circles and blue squares, and even those are treacherous, (have you skied over to Loafer)?
    Most of that beg/intermediate terrain is above treeline and if the light is flat or snowy you can't see shit.
    There's no tubing hill.
    There's also a severe lack of snowfall, they are known for getting the least snow of anybody out of almost every storm.
    It is way colder than Keystone.
    The East wall is never open.
    The lifts are slow AF.
    There's dogs pissing and shitting everywhere (I was told this by a LL local).
    There's no app that tracks your vert! You get no badges...
    The parking sucks.
    The locals are unfriendly
    It is rocky

Really, the Basin doesn't have much going for it. I don't know why you guys ski there.

And I'm pretty sure I was standing right next to whoever took that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Have you moved away from CB? Or sworn off T-bars?
    Turn out 100" of dense maritime-like snow in 10 days covers up rocks pretty well.

Turn out 100" of dense maritime-like snow in 10 days covers up rocks pretty well.
    Ha. I’m sure it does. But tell that to Body Bags Chute and see what happens.

Enjoy man. Great days down there.

Inbound tomorrow for a couple days. Can't wait. Friend is visiting from California, hopefully he likes NFL laps

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    There's no fucking condos at the basin.
    If you are staying in Keystone, you probably have an epic pass, so you ain't driving up the hill to buy a day pass when you can walk out your condo and hop on a gondola.
    There's a few mediocre bars/restaurants, but the place clears out after the lifts stop spinning.
    There is a severe lack of green circles and blue squares, and even those are treacherous, (have you skied over to Loafer)?
    Most of that beg/intermediate terrain is above treeline and if the light is flat or snowy you can't see shit.
    There's no tubing hill.
    There's also a severe lack of snowfall, they are known for getting the least snow of anybody out of almost every storm.
    It is way colder than Keystone.
    The East wall is never open.
    The lifts are slow AF.
    There's dogs pissing and shitting everywhere (I was told this by a LL local).
    There's no app that tracks your vert! You get no badges...
    The parking sucks.
    The locals are unfriendly
    It is rocky

Really, the Basin doesn't have much going for it. I don't know why you guys ski there.

And I'm pretty sure I was standing right next to whoever took that pic.
    If you are a female you were on my right and if you were a male you were on my left lol

And you are correct. I should delete my prior posts and only leave the pic of the long lift line.

First day skiing today since 2/18/2021, 10 months post ACL surgery, shredded the blues at breck all day today like a fucking champ!

Right on, it's such a good feeling to be back isn't it? Every day is an improvement from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    First day skiing today since 2/18/2021, 10 months post ACL surgery, shredded the blues at breck all day today like a fucking champ!
    That’s awesome! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

What a day. Overproducing storm, they finally open international, the north face (no hiking!), and then the front side too. Coverage is as good as I've even seen it, the rock skis won't come out this year.Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
    It was pretty great. Can't believe the coverage and a 67" base.

I think you have also memorized the location of every single rock on that mountain.

Does anyone happen to know where they typically hold IFSA Junior events at Steamboat? Kid is competing there in a few weeks and we are planning on going this coming weekend to scope it out. Looked around on the IFSA site and was unable to find any details on the venue. Appreciate any input.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Does anyone happen to know where they typically hold IFSA Junior events at Steamboat? Kid is competing there in a few weeks and we are planning on going this coming weekend to scope it out. Looked around on the IFSA site and was unable to find any details on the venue. Appreciate any input.
    I think around chute 1 - ish... that's just from seeing a video from a few years ago though so... take that with a grain of I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.