Page 1168 of 1174 FirstFirst ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... LastLast
Results 29,176 to 29,200 of 29348
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    ^^^^ How's the ankle?
    Good enough to tour soon. Certainly feel it on right footers. TBD in variable snow.

Ran 1.5mi at a solid 14min pace the other day ....

If you are going to the Jaw, definitely get their burger. I can't imagine how many millions have come off that flattop.

Nothing fancy, but a damn good burger.

Potato salad, cucumber salad, and sausages with a great german/belgian beer selection at prosit too.

Agreed on peppino's. Don't think you can eat more than 2 slices.

There is a funky little gift shop in an old train house on Main street that is worth a few minutes to look through. Shares bathrooms with Prosit.

The rest is right on.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I'd add-
    Hacienda Real for Mexican.
    The Himalayan restaurant in the same plaza has cheap, delicious food. the service leaves something to be desired, so don't be in a rush.
    Kemosabe has quite decent sushi (it's not as good as Mountain Flying Fish in Breck tho).
    Pure Kitchen (over by Whole Foods) is a delicious, seasonal farm to table, with lots of organic and sustainable sourced ingredients, little spendy.

10 Mile Music Hall has some good acts coming through this winter. Bring ear plugs, 'cause it's loud! (or I'm just old).

And YES, if you like IPAs......it doesn't get any better than Outer Range.
    I'm always amazed how generic but tasty Hacienda Real is. It's not like they do anything crazy but it's always good.

10 Mile Music Hall has some good acts coming through this winter. Bring ear plugs, 'cause it's loud! (or I'm just old).
    Good info, got tix for snowdown this year with moe. and they are playing this hall. Never been.

So, is any of the touring on the front range any good yet?

I do know where I'm stopping for food now if I go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    So, is any of the touring on the front range any good yet?
    There was some good 7-10 days ago. Wind and sun seems to have taken care of that. If we get a couple inches Monday some of the typical early season spots might be worth skiing.

There was some good 7-10 days ago. Wind and sun seems to have taken care of that. If we get a couple inches Monday some of the typical early season spots might be worth skiing.
    Fruita/GJ with the bike it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Good info, got tix for snowdown this year with moe. and they are playing this hall. Never been.
    I'll be at the Sunday show!
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

My bases are patched after Tuesday ... if we get 6", they'll come out again. Otherwise, I think I'll move my binders onto some rock skis for November. Last I recall, that's why I still have those skis ;-)

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-07-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Potato salad, cucumber salad, and sausages with a great german/belgian beer selection at prosit too.

There is a funky little gift shop in an old train house on Main street that is worth a few minutes to look through. Shares bathrooms with Prosit.
    Damn, Prosit was the one I forgot. Get some Le Chouffe and a brat.

As far as weather and conditions, snow sucks everywhere. Winter has been called off. Omega high pressure for many months, might snow in March if we are lucky. I hear Ikon and Epic are considering refunding everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Good enough to tour soon. Certainly feel it on right footers. TBD in variable snow.

Ran 1.5mi at a solid 14min pace the other day ....
    Just don't push it too hard so we can get out in December!

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I'll be at the Sunday show!
    I'll be a Friday and Saturday. Then heading out to Alta. Tough week for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    A front range moe.ron. Excellent to see.

Why does breckinridge succeed in being such a disaster

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Eldora's website said they had their smallest beginner chair open today. It's not even close to being open. A bunch of parents of 1st time skier's were none too happy. Also when people tried to back their cars up to the bunny hill area, as has been done for years, the parking attendants started yelling at them like they were assholes. There was one postage stamp sized no parking sign that didn't exactly make it clear that 30ish parking spots are no longer in use. In other words, a typical Eldora experience.

On the plus side my 5 year old just skied like a boss for 4 hours straight and wants more after lunch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

On the plus side my 5 year old just skied like a boss for 4 hours straight and wants more after lunch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app
    Eldora strikes again. Congrats on the ski day though. Kick ass. It’s awesome when the kids don’t need the tiny lift anymore.

New
    https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2019...tlook-2019-20/

My latest and final winter outlook for North America is now available.

For Colorado, it is set to have a mildly above average snowfall season per forecast. Details in the link above.

In the short term, looks like something of note snowfall wise for the CO mountains next weekend. Snowfall on this Monday as well, but these snowfalls focus on the Central and Eastern parts of Colorado with a few inches for the Front Range.

Small wildfire at Apex above Golden. Ugh.

Did any really expect the October snow pattern to continue in to November?

My gut tells me we're going to have shitty snow, loooooong lines and limited terrain until mid-December.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Did any really expect the October snow pattern to continue in to November?

My gut tells me we're going to have shitty snow, loooooong lines and limited terrain until mid-December.
    Very unmotivated after skiing Copper for a few hours. py East coast skiing with crowded slopes. At least we can mountain bike.

Could be worse. Mammoth’s opening looked sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Very unmotivated after skiing Copper for a few hours. py East coast skiing with crowded slopes. At least we can mountain bike.

Could be worse. Mammoth’s opening looked sad.
    Went to Keystone today, Abasin yesterday. Keystone was total crap, and extremely crowded. Grand prix skiing with 1000 of your closest friends. At least it was a long run though.
    Might be the first time in a very long time that I went to Abasin on a Saturday. Lower lot wasn't even full, showed at noon, did a few laps, short lines, walked into the bar and got a seat right away. It was awesome, but the skiing sucked.

Pretty much throwing in the towel till after Thanksgiving barring a very large storm.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Keystone was total crap, and extremely crowded. Grand prix skiing with 1000 of your closest friends.
    py East coast skiing with crowded slopes.
    The variable conditions coupled with the mix of beginners next to people hauling ass and doing side hits was definitely reminiscent of my formative days in the Poconos. Saw a few near misses but luckily didn't witness any injury.

The DH trail at Floyd Hill is rippin!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    The variable conditions coupled with the mix of beginners next to people hauling ass and doing side hits was definitely reminiscent of my formative days in the Poconos. Saw a few near misses but luckily didn't witness any injury.
    The funniest shit: people goproing their run on the icy WROD. Seriously, who’s watching that?

The funniest shit: people goproing their run on the icy WROD. Seriously, who’s watching that?
    Saw a guy filming his 3 year old daughter in the middle of the maelstrom of "Gapers on ice". Not taking into account the hundreds of inept skiers and boarders skidding by at Mach 5.