Page 1352 of 1368 FirstFirst ... 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 ... LastLast
Results 33,776 to 33,800 of 34187
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D2DF4D0-4003-4525-AC0B-7B401FD68421.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	292.6 KB 
ID:	372406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A56C4563-7A33-4DE2-B39A-9FE5126B1F87.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	372407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	813829BF-952B-4C72-B0DA-4C88C965277D.jpg 
Views:	899 
Size:	364.0 KB 
ID:	372405 Snow was good in CO on tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Itís the truth. My friend owns a number of rental properties and put one up online last week. Within a couple of hours, he had 40 applicants, from all over the country.
    Every single remote worker can fuck right off. There I said it.

Only good part about em is they spend full retail on any piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I was just looking at total snow for the Summit and Eagle ski areas. Except for Breck at 267Ē, everyone is/was around 210Ē-230Ē for the season. Brutal.
    Meanwhile, WP/MJ at 334" and counting. Come on April-uary, keep it up!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Copper was fun today. Completely empty. In and out of heavy snow squalls that would dump an inch in 30 mins, then full on bluebird for 20 mins till the next squall. Fun mountain weather.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Every single remote worker can fuck right off. There I said it.

Only good part about em is they spend full retail on any piece of gear.
    do you need a end of season hug?
    oh I agree too, fuck ski town work from homers I'll take a second home owner texan any day

Been wondering for the last year, but canít find an article anywhere...anyone know what the deal is with the abandoned construction project on the N side of Winter Park. Looks like Grand Park condos, but unclear why they would be moving full steam ahead elsewhere and walk away from a single project. Contractor not get paid and walk off the job?

Either way...Prime piece of real estate considering they are building condos up and down 40 for the last few years.

Was anybody and Copper, WP or Abasin today? Did it get warm and make the snow go to mank? Considering my options for tomorrow with Abasin being most likely.

softened up at WP per buddy, I'm heading to Copper tomorrow since closes Sunday.

Me and the kiddo heading to Winter Park tomorrow.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    Been wondering for the last year, but canít find an article anywhere...anyone know what the deal is with the abandoned construction project on the N side of Winter Park. Looks like Grand Park condos, but unclear why they would be moving full steam ahead elsewhere and walk away from a single project. Contractor not get paid and walk off the job?

Either way...Prime piece of real estate considering they are building condos up and down 40 for the last few years.
    Clark Dickscumb is a shit bag. The town of Fraser doesn't know what they are doing. Anymore questions?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Was anybody and Copper, WP or Abasin today? Did it get warm and make the snow go to mank? Considering my options for tomorrow with Abasin being most likely.
    Is it the last week in April? Are the remote weather stations broken? Does a bear shit in the woods? Honestly, it skied about how you think it would, aspect and elevation dependent. Pocket beers and a good attitude should take care of ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Clark Dickscumb is a shit bag. The town of Fraser doesn't know what they are doing. Anymore questions?
    Hahaha. I know some things.

It snowed again today and it is snowing at my house right now. Spring time!

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Hahaha. I know some things.
    Drop the knowledge!

Here is what I know generally. Fraser required that Grand Park be a mixed used development. Residential makes money. Commercial sucks in this county. Develop said, "sure, whatever you want" then hired some bottom of the barrel honky tonk outfit to start on said abortion and work at whatever pace costs the least amount of money.

It was pretty evident from day one they didn't know what they were doing. The concrete is the ICFs is compromised because the forms were full of ice when they poured in the winter. Dicksumb claims he is waiting on some forensic engineer to give him a report. There was some kind of deadline that passed on 1/1 but there hasn't been anything said publicly since. In the mean time, both Fraser and the County continue to issue him permits for other projects because town councils, money, realtors, COVID, WFH, mountains, Colorado etc.

Drop the knowledge!

Here is what I know generally. Fraser required that Grand Park be a mixed used development. Residential makes money. Commercial sucks in this county. Develop said, "sure, whatever you want" then hired some bottom of the barrel honky tonk outfit to start on said abortion and work at whatever pace costs the least amount of money.

It was pretty evident from day one they didn't know what they were doing. The concrete is the ICFs is compromised because the forms were full of ice when they poured in the winter. Dicksumb claims he is waiting on some forensic engineer to give him a report. There was some kind of deadline that passed on 1/1 but there hasn't been anything said publicly since. In the mean time, both Fraser and the County continue to issue him permits for other projects because town councils, money, realtors, COVID, WFH, mountains, Colorado etc.
    I'll post it up when I can

Coworker gave me a Loveland comp so went over there today. Nice soft groomers in the morning, 9 had some nice wind load, good slush off 4 and 1 softened up nicely for the afternoon. I do not fully *get* that mountain I feel like... ah well fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to me you "get it" exactly right.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Yet another season at Wanker Park (but not the Jane) just fades away. Even better than the skiing in that it is just a ridiculously chill place and I really appreciate that. No loud music, no hammered douche bags, just skiing and beer drinking with friends. Thanks employees!

Yet another season at Wanker Park (but not the Jane) just fades away. Even better than the skiing in that it is just a ridiculously chill place and I really appreciate that. No loud music, no hammered douche bags, just skiing and beer drinking with friends. Thanks employees!
    (Someone was also in C lot today.)

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I do not fully *get* that mountain
    I had a pass there for the first time this year and..... I feel the same way. I'm curious why people choose it over Abasin. I'll probably be back next year because it's a better place to ski with my kid, in part because it's a shorter drive. I like the place, but if I had no kid or an older kid I'd pick Abasin every time. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? I'm genuinely curious.

Snowmass was off the hook this weekend and even my buds that wonít go past the round a bout, though so too!

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I had a pass there for the first time this year and..... I feel the same way. I'm curious why people choose it over Abasin. I'll probably be back next year because it's a better place to ski with my kid, in part because it's a shorter drive. I like the place, but if I had no kid or an older kid I'd pick Abasin every time. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? I'm genuinely curious.
    This year was a weird year there. Normally theyíre up close to 400Ē on the season (currently at 270Ē this season) so much of the terrain off Chair 1 and 4 just didnít ski well IMO. And when it did, it was short lived (IE Tunnel Face).

Also, when the Ridge and the Snowcat isnít fully open, itís not as fun IMO. There are some great lines off the Divide on northern edge of the area, near Point 13,010í and Rock Chutes. That whole area wasnít even open this season and most of the Ridge (Super Bowl and Wild Child) didnít even open until late because of lack of snow and the major wind event that stripped the tundra mid season.

No question though, Iíd pick ABasin every time. But Loveland almost always gets more snow...Iíve had some of my deepest days there.

I was there yesterday with my kiddo. First time there this winter, was the same old great place I remember. We hit the Waffle Cabin at the bottom of Olympia via a little Dilly Dally Alley, went to the top of Pano, some Super G, had a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I was there yesterday with my kiddo. First time there this winter, was the same old great place I remember. We hit the Waffle Cabin at the bottom of Olympia via a little Dilly Dally Alley, went to the top of Pano, some Super G, had a great day.
    Yesterday was the most classic spring day I've had in 2 or 3 seasons. Groomers were empty and rippable until the bumps softened up for two hours. And my own silver lining of pandemic is the return of a stove for tailgating. I was actually surprised it was so empty, didn't wait on a lift line at all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm about as into Loveland as one can be, and I get you. You're not doing anything wrong. If you're mostly out for skiing varied terrain, I think Abasin is pretty clear winner. Pali is unmatched (yeah, there are some fun steeps of of Chets but not nearly the amount of terrain), Zuma is more reliable than the ridge from an operations perspective, and you have the Steep Gullies. (Personally I don't really enjoy the Beavers.)

For a long time the answer between the two was drive + crowds -- when Abasin was on the Epic pass it was a pretty Epic shitshow. Now crowds are basically a wash so it's mostly a matter of drive time.

I do appreciate Loveland's constant wind-resets which can make for some sneaky good days. The on-hill cabins with free to use grills are also typically a benefit I use a lot, this year excluded. Taking a break at Ginny Lee or eTow with a couple lunch beers and a brat just feels right.