Page 939 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 ... LastLast
Results 23,451 to 23,475 of 41290
    Skiing was excellent today....at Pueblo reservoir that is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF79F7CD-F6F7-4675-97DC-FB857A0D8215.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	444.7 KB 
ID:	217167

I did both and I’m really sore.

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Skiing was excellent today....at Pueblo reservoir that is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF79F7CD-F6F7-4675-97DC-FB857A0D8215.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	444.7 KB 
ID:	217167
    Shorty and a hood?

What’s the water temp?

Looks fun.

Water is mid 50’s. Was 60s a week or two ago.

Usually wear a full suit; however, could not find it. Interestingly, I found it when I got back in a bag on top of my snow tires. I wear the hoodie to keep from getting brain freeze....you get going pretty fast on the slalom.

Anywho, I refer to Novemer as PoachVember in the C Springs area. Anything you get is a bonus you stole. That goes for snowboarding, boating, or mountain biking. Just gotta be flexible and do whatever activity the weather dictates.

Went to Copper on Monday and Friday. Low expectations and great fun. Friday was a lot more crowded and icy so I left early, did a Mtb ride and prepped the boat.

What I really want to do is leave the boat at Chatfield reservoir on the way up to Copper, ride copper until noon, boat until 3:30 and then bike the trails until dark. The trifecta. I typically get a few windows to do it in the spring with Pueblo (bike and boat) and Monarch but have not been able to pull it off yet....

Who would have thought that living in Colorado would turn me into an Auburn fan.

Long term models look good for a storm at the end of this week. Let it snow!

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Long term models look good for a storm at the end of this week. Let it snow!
    Of course they do, War Eagle!!!

You know what they say, if you want it to snow then just schedule a World Cup downhill race.

That being said I really hope they get the DH off without issue
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Race will get done. There were some thinner spots earlier in the week that hopefully got some more snow pushed on it. We'll see tomorrow. A little snow in the forecast this week and some cold overnights Thursday & Friday.
    Fingers crossed.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Its been said several times , but conditions are sketchy as fuck right now. We dug in on a north aspect near Jones (110cm!) and the bottom ~25cm is completely rotten. We attempted to isolate a block and the whole thing sheared on the rotten shit before a single tap from the shovel. Be careful.

Interesting claim from an article about Eldora's new management.
    Name:  Epic.PNG
Views: 510
Size:  42.0 KB

Pure speculation at this point, but what does Aspen/KSL have up their sleeves? My money is on the best parking lot pass in the industry, free parking at all of your favorite dirt lots for a great value.

http://theknow.denverpost.com/2017/1...rience/167784/

I just don’t see how they can come up with a pass that rivals the epic pass (at least for front range skiers)

What are they going to do, put Loveland on their pass?

They are going after summer/warm weather dollars with golf benefits and WP will become whistler south, while Aspen will offer the first ebike only trail network.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    I just don’t see how they can come up with a pass that rivals the epic pass (at least for front range skiers)

What are they going to do, put Loveland on their pass?
    Huh? I think their existing pass rivals the epic pass for the front range. Adding aspen could make it even better.

Winter Park, Copper, Eldora, Steamboat (6 days), Crested Butte (3 days) is pretty good. Add Aspen? That definitely rivals the epic pass.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Huh? I think their existing pass rivals the epic pass for the front range. Adding aspen could make it even better.

Winter Park, Copper, Eldora, Steamboat (6 days), Crested Butte (3 days) is pretty good. Add Aspen? That definitely rivals the epic pass.
    Adding Aspen would be awesome. Still, 3 out of 5 (excluding Eldora) would be 3+ hours from Denver. All 5 epic mtns are within 1:45 most days.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Adding Aspen would be awesome. Still, 3 out of 5 (excluding Eldora) would be 3+ hours from Denver. All 5 epic mtns are within 1:45 most days.
    Beaver Creek? From Golden. Maybe. Driving way over the limit.

And why exclude Eldora? It might not be much of a mountain, but not being on 70 makes it a selling point.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Value is not “one size fits all”. Epic hills works for you? Do it up. Think the RMSP hills aren’t up to snuff? Cool story bro.
    Find the mountains you like, fuck the noise and go shred.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 11-27-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Agree.
    If RMSP has CB and Aspen on it, I very well might bail on the Epic and add a midweek ABasin.

An ABasin/LL pass would be sweet. The "Divide" pass.

I don't expect Aspen access, but I will admit it's all speculation until we actually see what the mountains offer come spring.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I don't expect Aspen access, but I will admit it's all speculation until we actually see what the mountains offer come spring.
    I don't expect a full aspen pass of course, but a few days? That could definitely be in the works. And if it wasn't all speculation we wouldn't be speculating!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't expect a full aspen pass of course, but a few days? That could definitely be in the works. And if it wasn't all speculation we wouldn't be speculating!
    Exactly. 3 days or 6 and I'm rethinking things.

Btw...it's fucking warm!

Pure speculation:

Copper gets dumped from RMSP+
    Crusty Butt gets dumped
    6-days at Aspen/Snowmass added

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Pure speculation:

Crusty Butt gets dumped
    This is sort of what I'm imagining.

If Copper + Luv could get together post-Copper getting dumped -- picking a pass between WP + Steamboat + Aspen, and a Copper + Luv + CB pass would be difficult. I'd be happier with either one of those passes than any available pass now.

Pure speculation:

Crusty Butt gets dumped
    I doubt they'll be dumping anyone. If they are going to compete with Epic they'll need as many resorts as possible. Copper is also the best resort within 1.5 hrs from Denver, I doubt they get dumped.

Wasn't there talk that A-Basin was going to strike out on their own?

Luv-ABasin-Copper?

Wasn't there talk that A-Basin was going to strike out on their own?

Luv-ABasin-Copper?
    I'm having a hard time imagining A-Basin letting go of the teet that is the Epic pass.

But if they did -- a Luv/Abay/Copper pass would be huge I expect. And the branding around "The Local's Pass" couldn't be easier.