Page 1190 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 ... LastLast
Results 29,726 to 29,750 of 41291
    Somebody kicked a good sized windslab off the professor today. 2 skied out of it.

Stunning bluebird day. So warm for Feb. though. 73° back in Denver.

Nice spring ski day. This next week is looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Somebody kicked a good sized windslab off the professor today. 2 skied out of it.
    too bad there isn't an avy mitigation program.... I mean, if you need that to ski in the backcountry.....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Passed Bluebird Backcountry this weekend. Great aesthetic mountain above but hardly any base below currently. There looked like maybe 12” of snow with sagebrush sticking out everywhere. Best of luck

I don't think Bluebird is the kind of name they need to conjure ULLR.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Stunning bluebird day. So warm for Feb. though. 73° back in Denver.
    74 when I left the front range, 8 when I rolled through Gunni around 4 hours later. CO is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    too bad there isn't an avy mitigation program.... I mean, if you need that to ski in the backcountry.....
    CDOT does blast it quite frequently from a helicopter to prevent large slabs from forming, I guess these guys saved them some $$. Lots of wind transport the last few days. Should be interesting with new snow on top and hudge temp change.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    CDOT does blast it quite frequently from a helicopter to prevent large slabs from forming, I guess these guys saved them some $$. Lots of wind transport the last few days. Should be interesting with new snow on top and hudge temp change.
    Yeah, I was just poking fun at a previous exchange.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    74 when I left the front range, 8 when I rolled through Gunni around 4 hours later. CO is awesome.
    Sunday was our first real spring skiing day this season. Cold temps and frequent snow, has kept the skiing soft all season.
    Gunni's a weird place. Our low all night has been 37 and now it's blowin hard and gray.
    Today's the first day all season, I chose not to ski.

keeping an eye on the cams, may be sick *cough cough* tomorrow.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    keeping an eye on the cams, may be sick *cough cough* tomorrow.
    Yeah. I'm finally in CB with what looked like a good forecast. Not a flake so far, and front range sounds like it's getting hammered.

Great timing. Ah well. It's all fun on snow.

Not looking forward to driving back tomorrow night...

Yeah. I'm finally in CB with what looked like a good forecast. Not a flake so far, and front range sounds like it's getting hammered.

Great timing. Ah well. It's all fun on snow.

Not looking forward to driving back tomorrow night...
    I have to fly to Vegas for work in the morning so I am guessing CB will get hammered - you are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I have no idea why the weather forecasters never learn that upslope storms never produce anywhere near what the models predict anywhere west of Evergreen. Thurs/Fri should be good for the northern mountains with northwest flow.

I'm not expecting much out of this storm but then again it's currently hammering in CB.

Back to Bluebird Backcountry, I sat down with one of the owners years ago when he was just kicking the idea around. I'm glad they've been able to find a spot and give it a try. During OR I spent about an hour with the other owner asking a bunch of questions, many of which were asked in this thread. I'm busy as hell, but hopefully I'll be able to share what we talked about sooner rather than later.

Not sure if it’s a typo, but LL site shows the projected high at -4 tomorrow, before wind chill.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Not sure if it’s a typo, but LL site shows the projected high at -4 tomorrow, before wind chill.
    Yeah I kinda just noticed it’s gonna be a little cool. Similar forecasts for the nearby.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Was trying to snow at the basin all afternoon but lots of wind. Kinda coming in good when I left. It could load good in some places and make for a sleeperish day if snow totals aren’t super high?? Lots of smooth areas on the Pali that will be great if it actually snows.

Will be super cold tho yes

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I'm not expecting much out of this storm but then again it's currently hammering in CB.
    Was very low visibility up the hill but not much accumulating yet. I am (un)happy to confirm the mountain is skiing pretty rough right now. Crispy and very low tide. Snow is needed. Telee, thanks for boarding the plane. Hopefully it'll help out golden and me...

aaaand 1” overnight with a temperature of exactly zero this morning. Sweet storm!

Ten inches of fresh at Wolfy and around zero degrees. Gonna be fun today!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

aaaand 1” overnight with a temperature of exactly zero this morning. Sweet storm!

4" total was more than I really expected, and Th/Fri looks more promising. At least the whole mountain is open other than Teo2- I've never seen them open so much terrain with such little snow...

- I've never seen them open so much terrain with such little snow...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4" total was more than I really expected, and Th/Fri looks more promising. At least the whole mountain is open other than Teo2- I've never seen them open so much terrain with such little snow...
    Very true. I've never been on the headwall or much of north face with so little coverage. You can pick your way down but it's not friendly to bases. It was very striking in many places.

I was wondering if the the T Bars are open because the Vail overlords want them open...

I was wondering if the the T Bars are open because the Vail overlords want them open...
    If that's the case, I welcome our new overlords. I'd rather be the one to decide if 3rd bowl has enough coverage than them. All my skis are rock skis anyway, I mean, it's Crested Butte . Plus now if we get a good storm cycle, the base might actually hold up and not just slide to the ground like it would have if it was closed and untracked.