Page 1233 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 ... LastLast
Results 30,801 to 30,825 of 41274
    Fly fishing the tiny pool below Piedra Falls father son matching TX flag shorts and a wide brimmed cowboy hat.
    But I don’t want to make assumptions, and I am sure they had a valid license because that would be the right thing to do. But go ahead you mask less bandit as you scoot by me chillin on a rock so you can work that next tiny hole. No service so left phone in car thus no pic. I would have made it my wallpaper.

34 at the trailhead this AM, that was a nice preview of “the turn”.

Flowers are starting to pop too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1596328522.019748.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	272.4 KB 
ID:	336045

What’s the deal with 10th Mtn huts this summer? Reservations for one party only?

Being in a shit ventilated BC hut sounds like a fucking terrible idea unless it is only with your existing circle (of germs).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Exactly.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I had 2 hut trips cancelled in March and I'm hoping my 2021 trips don't get cancelled, but I expect that they will.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What’s the deal with 10th Mtn huts this summer? Reservations for one party only?
    We are open, single party booking only, and we are packed. Lots of pent-up demand, for every cancellation we have families/groups who are willing to pay the increased minimums to get out in the high country. We will most likely be going to a similar booking policy for this winter but won't know for sure for another week.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I had 2 hut trips cancelled in March and I'm hoping my 2021 trips don't get cancelled, but I expect that they will.
    Unless the counties or state force us to close again, which is a definite possibility if flu season rolls around and things really go to shit, your trip should be fine. As long as your group is still comfortable going when the dates roll around.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Well, it finally happened, Abasin is going to RFID scanners. Can't say I blame them under these circumstances, but I'll miss the old scanners and the lifts that they employed. End of an era I guess, but this day and age, if it gets em open, then so be it.

http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/20...edium=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Well, it finally happened, Abasin is going to RFID scanners. Can't say I blame them under these circumstances, but I'll miss the old scanners and the lifts that they employed. End of an era I guess, but this day and age, if it gets em open, then so be it.

http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/20...edium=facebook
    I’m all for it, could care less about the nostalgia personally haha I always thought it was easier when I lived in Utah and skied Alta/bird. Wonder if Vail would consider it, although it’d be harder to get the high level of busts for fraudulent pass use they enjoy so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    We are open, single party booking only, and we are packed. Lots of pent-up demand, for every cancellation we have families/groups who are willing to pay the increased minimums to get out in the high country. We will most likely be going to a similar booking policy for this winter but won't know for sure for another week.

Unless the counties or state force us to close again, which is a definite possibility if flu season rolls around and things really go to shit, your trip should be fine. As long as your group is still comfortable going when the dates roll around.
    So what if your single party is 3? Can you book a large hut if it’s available? How’s that working?

. As long as your group is still comfortable going when the dates roll around.
    Ha, unlikely, I sure wouldn't right now. I love my hut group but that would greatly increase risk for my family. Maybe if we have widespread rapid accurate testing by then.

So what if your single party is 3? Can you book a large hut if it’s available? How’s that working?
    Pretty sure you have to buy the whole thing, at a slightly reduced rate.

Minimum booking is 12, drops to 8 a week out if it is still vacant. The smaller 6 and 8 person huts are just a flat rate for all spots. Multi-party bookings aren’t a reality for quite some time unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I’m all for it, could care less about the nostalgia personally haha I always thought it was easier when I lived in Utah and skied Alta/bird. Wonder if Vail would consider it, although it’d be harder to get the high level of busts for fraudulent pass use they enjoy so much.
    I'm sure every ski area in the country will have them this season.

Minimum booking is 12, drops to 8 a week out if it is still vacant. The smaller 6 and 8 person huts are just a flat rate for all spots. Multi-party bookings aren’t a reality for quite some time unfortunately.

Maybe I should schedule a baccinalien fest for me and 6 chicas with a bunch of party favors and just fuck it.

I've definitely spent an entire day cleaning a trashed hut before.

Oops.

Don't bring poppers and silly string and drugs to a nye hut party. It hurts the next day. It sticks everywhere.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Thanks for the info.

I know I am probably late to the game this year, but anybody have some beta on a cheap-ish place up in the mountains this year? Have a very lazy Great Pyrenees that complicates finding places. Doesn't need to be nice, just needs to have internet. Craigslist is yielding very few results, I assume due to everyone wanting the same thing.

Has anyone else been getting headaches from this awful wildfire smoke?

Sinus stuff but no real headaches. Maybe the mask is helping.
    Thunderstorms in the forecast next week with temps dropping into the 70’s. Yes please. This heat kills what little energy I have.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Sinus stuff but no real headaches. Maybe the mask is helping.
    Thunderstorms in the forecast next week with temps dropping into the 70’s. Yes please. This heat kills what little energy I have.
    Oh man yes please. I’m starting to hate late summer in CO with how dry and smoky it typically is. And even if the fires aren’t here, we’re downstream of many every year.

I can’t wait til it’s snowing in April and later and everybody is “over it” like always.....

ROLL TIDE ROLL

I know its due to being the year 2020 and all but this is the first summer in 17 that I've ever truly hated living on the Front Range.

Most likely going to break the record of the number of days >90° this year too. This weekend will put us into second all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    I know its due to being the year 2020 and all but this is the first summer in 17 that I've ever truly hated living on the Front Range.

Most likely going to break the record of the number of days >90° this year too. This weekend will put us into second all time.
    It’s felt like the hottest driest summer in the 15 summers I’ve been here. So many mid 90s days. The older I get, the more I dislike this heat.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I can’t wait til it’s snowing in April and later and everybody is “over it” like always.....

I just wish spring and fall were longer than two weeks, True fall is my fave season if I am being honest. At least from what I remember.

smoke moved in super heavy around 5pm yesterday was like putting your face right in a campfire for a couple hours then it sorta moved out
    got about a dozen rain drops in the afternoon too winning
    when are they closing down the forrest like they did when the big fire happened over by deckers or something
    I remember riding up to georgia pass and the military was up there in a humvee chilling out had the trails to myself but that was also twenty something years ago when no one lived in colorado