Page 1395 of 1435 FirstFirst ... 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 ... LastLast
Results 34,851 to 34,875 of 35872
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    There’s no garbage dirt, only garbage riders
    Yea, that's like saying there is no such thing as bad snow, only bad skiers. If that was true, people wouldn't pay big bucks to ski pow and chuters wouldn't hanker for spring snow. Coombs was wrong. There is good snow, and snow that is good for you.

You can have fun on any surface, but some dirt is so much better, especially if you are trying to build and maintain a berm, lip, or tranny. You can't build berms out of coarsely crushed granite. Silt makes shit lips. Sand makes crap landings.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Models seem to be a bit more optimistic for the Tuesday storm, and maybe more Thursday -> Saturday.
    FKNA - let's break down the Ridiculously Resilient Ridge, bury this bike talk, and get back to business!

STOKE:

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yea, that's like saying there is no such thing as bad snow, only bad skiers. If that was true, people wouldn't pay big bucks to ski pow and chuters wouldn't hanker for spring snow. Coombs was wrong. There is good snow, and snow that is good for you.

You can have fun on any surface, but some dirt is so much better, especially if you are trying to build and maintain a berm, lip, or tranny. You can't build berms out of coarsely crushed granite. Silt makes shit lips. Sand makes crap landings.
    Maybe once the Loveland volleys finish bootlicking the ridge they can start hiking some Real Dirt in to all the Front Range berms lips and trannys

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Maybe once the Loveland volleys finish bootlicking the ridge they can start hiking some Real Dirt in to all the Front Range berms lips and trannys
    Maybe they can get some real pavement on I70 too.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Maybe they can get some real pavement on I70 too.
    Now you're just being greedy!

There’s no garbage dirt, only garbage riders
    I'll be the first to say it - the "dirt" out at Buffalo Creek is garbage.

That said - I always have fun when I ride out there. Despite the dirt being garbage.

And full disclosure: I'm a garbage rider.
    Last edited by skaredshtles; 12-01-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

Yes, I know. I wuz breaking ballz.
    Name:  IMG_0501.JPG
Views: 469
Size:  27.0 KB

There is no way a bike park could make money in the winter.
    Riding in the winter is a fringe sport and most of the time, I’m the only one out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    There is no way a bike park could make money in the winter.
    Riding in the winter is a fringe sport and most of the time, I’m the only one out there.
    Winter barely exists in the Front Range foothills these days. But yeah, close it down for 2-3 months and have 9-10 months of riding.

Your dreaming. Rideable conditions vary greatly and I don’t see lifts opening at sunrise during a freeze/thaw.

Having a lift, governed by the Colorado tramway Board, is $70k before the bullwheel ever turns.

Seriously lucky today to work BOP again, and while I’m fried after two days....holy cow! Being on course for downhill training was nuts. The sound.....it’s like a race car....those guys are crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Your dreaming. Rideable conditions vary greatly and I don’t see lifts opening at sunrise during a freeze/thaw.

Having a lift, governed by the Colorado tramway Board, is $70k before the bullwheel ever turns.
    You think $70K is a lot of money? Freeze thaw? Come back when you have real hurdles to overcome.

E-bikes will be everywhere before too long.

Let’s pitch it to the quarry man apparently the value of heritage to the company is mostly as a buffer between his operation and the city.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

https://usskiandsnowboard.org/news/b...-mother-nature

"During today’s first and only training run at Birds of Prey, though, Cochran-Siegle had some issues with the snow. The Birds of Prey track is widely regarded as the best-prepared track on the World Cup circuit, featuring the snow wizard Tom Johnston (aka “Cowboy”), the legendary Beaver Creek mountain ops crew working in tandem with the Talon Crew, among many volunteers from local clubs who bust their butts to make the surface something special. With warm temperatures heading into this race series, the crew had a challenge but they lived up to it. Under sunny, blue skies, the surface was buttery and smooth, but the warm temperatures presented some issues.
    Cochran-Siegle didn’t have a good feeling the entire way down. “Well, I would say my skiing today was not race quality and I need to make adjustments based on what the conditions are in order to be competitive,” he said. “The snow didn’t feel good today, but it was still the same snow that everyone else skied on. It’s up to me to figure out how to ski it the way I would like.” 
    Many of the athletes came down saying the course was coming at them fast, especially with the lack of terrain this year due to the lack of snow. Cochran-Siegle felt differently. “It didn’t feel like high speeds to me, just that the skis were moving away every turn especially when under high pressure,” he reflected. “It didn’t matter how hard you pushed into the snow either, there was never a response coming back.” 

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    https://usskiandsnowboard.org/news/b...-mother-nature

"During today’s first and only training run at Birds of Prey, though, Cochran-Siegle had some issues with the snow. The Birds of Prey track is widely regarded as the best-prepared track on the World Cup circuit, featuring the snow wizard Tom Johnston (aka “Cowboy”), the legendary Beaver Creek mountain ops crew working in tandem with the Talon Crew, among many volunteers from local clubs who bust their butts to make the surface something special. With warm temperatures heading into this race series, the crew had a challenge but they lived up to it. Under sunny, blue skies, the surface was buttery and smooth, but the warm temperatures presented some issues.
    Cochran-Siegle didn’t have a good feeling the entire way down. “Well, I would say my skiing today was not race quality and I need to make adjustments based on what the conditions are in order to be competitive,” he said. “The snow didn’t feel good today, but it was still the same snow that everyone else skied on. It’s up to me to figure out how to ski it the way I would like.” 
    Many of the athletes came down saying the course was coming at them fast, especially with the lack of terrain this year due to the lack of snow. Cochran-Siegle felt differently. “It didn’t feel like high speeds to me, just that the skis were moving away every turn especially when under high pressure,” he reflected. “It didn’t matter how hard you pushed into the snow either, there was never a response coming back.” 

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    I blame montanaskier

Ridiculously warm on the course. Lots of dnfs.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'll be the first to say it - the "dirt" out at Buffalo Creek is garbage.

That said - I always have fun when I ride out there. Despite the dirt being garbage.

And full disclosure: I'm a garbage rider.
    You're not the first, or the last
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I love that kitty litter. ^^^
    -signed garbage rider

I love that kitty litter. ^^^
    -signed garbage rider
    I just try to imagine it like you're on a hill in Utah freeriding where it's also loose. Just float and flow!

Well. NWell. Well.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Hadn’t heard of this project…singletrack being built next year to connect West Mag with Jenny Creek: https://www.bouldermountainbike.org/...PYxv7NV5v5odzQ

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Ridiculously warm on the course. Lots of dnfs.
    Yesterday they didn’t really cause ruts in our area, but when they reset the course and we were trying to clean up dye n sluff, we tried to not get too crazy cuz the snow would come up if you asked it. So we didn’t ask too much, but it was warm. Can imagine it was tough today. Not back until Sunday, so hopefully something is left. Just too damn warm.

Just got a little depressed, guess I'll go ride my bike again in shorts and short sleeves.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bowls.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	827.8 KB 
ID:	395066
    I have more skis and bikes than Facebook friends.

Course looks great today. Much cooler than yesterday.