Page 1168 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... LastLast
Results 29,176 to 29,200 of 41256
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Good info, got tix for snowdown this year with moe. and they are playing this hall. Never been.
    A front range moe.ron. Excellent to see.

Why does breckinridge succeed in being such a disaster

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Eldora's website said they had their smallest beginner chair open today. It's not even close to being open. A bunch of parents of 1st time skier's were none too happy. Also when people tried to back their cars up to the bunny hill area, as has been done for years, the parking attendants started yelling at them like they were assholes. There was one postage stamp sized no parking sign that didn't exactly make it clear that 30ish parking spots are no longer in use. In other words, a typical Eldora experience.

On the plus side my 5 year old just skied like a boss for 4 hours straight and wants more after lunch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

On the plus side my 5 year old just skied like a boss for 4 hours straight and wants more after lunch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app
    Eldora strikes again. Congrats on the ski day though. Kick ass. It’s awesome when the kids don’t need the tiny lift anymore.

New
    https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2019...tlook-2019-20/

My latest and final winter outlook for North America is now available.

For Colorado, it is set to have a mildly above average snowfall season per forecast. Details in the link above.

In the short term, looks like something of note snowfall wise for the CO mountains next weekend. Snowfall on this Monday as well, but these snowfalls focus on the Central and Eastern parts of Colorado with a few inches for the Front Range.

Small wildfire at Apex above Golden. Ugh.

Did any really expect the October snow pattern to continue in to November?

My gut tells me we're going to have shitty snow, loooooong lines and limited terrain until mid-December.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Did any really expect the October snow pattern to continue in to November?

My gut tells me we're going to have shitty snow, loooooong lines and limited terrain until mid-December.
    Very unmotivated after skiing Copper for a few hours. py East coast skiing with crowded slopes. At least we can mountain bike.

Could be worse. Mammoth’s opening looked sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Very unmotivated after skiing Copper for a few hours. py East coast skiing with crowded slopes. At least we can mountain bike.

Could be worse. Mammoth’s opening looked sad.
    Went to Keystone today, Abasin yesterday. Keystone was total crap, and extremely crowded. Grand prix skiing with 1000 of your closest friends. At least it was a long run though.
    Might be the first time in a very long time that I went to Abasin on a Saturday. Lower lot wasn't even full, showed at noon, did a few laps, short lines, walked into the bar and got a seat right away. It was awesome, but the skiing sucked.

Pretty much throwing in the towel till after Thanksgiving barring a very large storm.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Keystone was total crap, and extremely crowded. Grand prix skiing with 1000 of your closest friends.
    py East coast skiing with crowded slopes.
    The variable conditions coupled with the mix of beginners next to people hauling ass and doing side hits was definitely reminiscent of my formative days in the Poconos. Saw a few near misses but luckily didn't witness any injury.

The DH trail at Floyd Hill is rippin!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    The variable conditions coupled with the mix of beginners next to people hauling ass and doing side hits was definitely reminiscent of my formative days in the Poconos. Saw a few near misses but luckily didn't witness any injury.
    The funniest shit: people goproing their run on the icy WROD. Seriously, who’s watching that?

The funniest shit: people goproing their run on the icy WROD. Seriously, who’s watching that?
    Saw a guy filming his 3 year old daughter in the middle of the maelstrom of "Gapers on ice". Not taking into account the hundreds of inept skiers and boarders skidding by at Mach 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Saw a guy filming his 3 year old daughter in the middle of the maelstrom of "Gapers on ice". Not taking into account the hundreds of inept skiers and boarders skidding by at Mach 5.
    Yeah other than having evidence when said inept skiers plowed into her, not sure of the point there. Actually in general, even the gnarliest of lines don't do justice via POV, at least for me - I much prefer watching big lines get skied from the air.

I should mention it was still great to get some laps in so early in the season...managing traffic was an expected part of the deal. Always a good day when it's spent on snow.

Skied ABasin Saturday and Sunday......didn't think it was that bad given that it's only early November. "Nice" weather, lack of crowds and I'm liking the current scene over there.
    Old's Cool.

took two runs at copper on saturday before just drinking, the crowds were a bit much for me but the actual skiing wasn't that bad i didn't think. helps to have good edges this time of year. flyer is supposed to open on friday so that should spread things out a bit.

My kid skied with some friends on Saturday. They left early 'cause "the snow sucked and the crowds were bad"... I think I may have spoiled them.

NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My kid skied with some friends on Saturday. They left early 'cause "the snow sucked and the crowds were bad"... I think I may have spoiled them.

NTTAWWT.
    My kid too on Sunday and his band of cronies. They ran hotlaps all day, ending on the little park each time, and were dying by the end of the day. Kid said his quads were cramping. I'm sure they were the pains in the ass ripping around people and causing worse crowding (you're not in crowds, you are crowds.) So I may have raised an idiot. NTTAWWT. Well, maybe there is...

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    My kid too on Sunday and his band of cronies. They ran hotlaps all day, ending on the little park each time, and were dying by the end of the day. Kid said his quads were cramping. I'm sure they were the pains in the ass ripping around people and causing worse crowding (you're not in crowds, you are crowds.) So I may have raised an idiot. NTTAWWT. Well, maybe there is...
    Naw, man - they're all idiots at some point... and stay that way until... err... they aren't any more. Not sure when that happens. Hopefully soon? Not holding my breath, though.

Naw, man - they're all idiots at some point... and stay that way until... err... they aren't any more. Not sure when that happens. Hopefully soon? Not holding my breath, though.
    When you think about what you did in your 20s, do you really think they will grow out of it anytime soon?

Judging by you, can we really be sure they won't stay that way?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Judging by you, can we really be sure they won't stay that way?
    You beat me to it.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Season sucks. Time to sell all my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Season sucks. Time to sell all my gear.
    I’ll give ya a powder skirt for it.