Page 1141 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 ... LastLast
Results 28,501 to 28,525 of 41262
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I'm referring more to the party in the mud, adult frat party, tutu and hawiian shirt, C Lot retardation.
    Understood. Carry on.

Stunning day lapping the Upper East Wall at ABasin. Not a cloud in the sky, great snow. Fuck, I love spring skiing when coverage is thick.

Slush bumps on Saturday all by my damn self, knobby tires on Sunday with the crew. What a spring weekend in Colorado.

Just an interlude to say how much damn fun spring in Colorado can be.

Dust over death cookies at the Basin today. I found a couple of almost soft patches (North Glades, Elephant's Trunk, some run on Beavers whose name I can't remember).

Folks were headed up the upper East Wall late morning. I was tempted, but decided to head inside to wait for things to soften up.

Right about then, bluebird turned to clouds (around noonish), I stayed out and logged some more turns and then bailed at 12:30.

Enough rattling my fillings ;-)

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-22-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Did two hikes up to narrow north and they skied well. Little fresh on top of hardpack but you could get an edge. The wiggle is pretty fun too!

Doesn’t look promising for any spring dumps any time soon, I’m fine either way tho.

Probably skiing Wednesday at Loveland. Sun and warm is ok by me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Coral reef skiing in the mornings, snow/rain in the afternoons. Wtf? At least it keeps the crowds away.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Coral reef skiing in the mornings, snow/rain in the afternoons. Wtf? At least it keeps the crowds away.
    Yeah. You think?

To anyone thinking about skiing the landry on pyramid: unless you like moguls over exposure, I'd say it's done for the year barring a huge spring dump. The exit was pretty much a 6' wide runnel. It was still a great run, though!

Also, the exit was hopping over 2 miles of avy debris from both sides of east maroon creek drainage. Just total destruction everywhere.

Went out considering a few lines on James Peak today, hoping the line might be good to go. Huddled under the big rock at the bottom of the Southeast face for an hour or so while the wind howled and big fucking cloud refused to budge. For it to be that windy, and for a that cloud to move approximately not at all, made me feel a bit like I was being mocked. Pretty inconsiderate if you ask me. Got pretty fucking cold (thermos of hot tea would have been nice) and had to get back to work. Skied coral reef back to the car. Felt like somebody had smuggled a couple industrial strength vibrators under my footbeds.

Looked like the sun was shining on Greys and Torreys. Anybody find soft snow in the Front Range?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Went out considering a few lines on James Peak today, hoping the line might be good to go. Huddled under the big rock at the bottom of the Southeast face for an hour or so while the wind howled and big fucking cloud refused to budge. For it to be that windy, and for a that cloud to move approximately not at all, made me feel a bit like I was being mocked. Pretty inconsiderate if you ask me. Got pretty fucking cold (thermos of hot tea would have been nice) and had to get back to work. Skied coral reef back to the car. Felt like somebody had smuggled a couple industrial strength vibrators under my footbeds.

Looked like the sun was shining on Greys and Torreys. Anybody find soft snow in the Front Range?
    Wow, I was just going to post to ask how sloppy it got since CAIC raised to Moderate bc of warmth.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

thunder snow slush rain on vail pass this evening the gods are angry
    was just talking today about how warm it's been and it hasn't been snowing, like some aprils where it snows ever single day

Found up to 6 inches of pow in Summit Co on Saturday morning. Skied pretty well until about 1pm and then roller balls and sinking sleds.

Yesterday was good high. It's been raining all morning at least up to treeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Snow continues through Tuesday. Models are currently not in very good agreement about the storm totals, but most of the mountains will see some new snow over the next two days with favored areas in the Northern and Central Mountains picking up 15 to 20 inches of new snow by Tuesday evening. Gusty winds are also expected throughout the storm period.
    Please Denver....be over it. Just a couple of quiet snowy days is all I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Please Denver....be over it. Just a couple of quiet snowy days is all I ask.
    I'm not over it, but like you, I'm hoping the rest of the masses are.

LL on Tuesday is my target.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^ got an extra tik? I have one basin left, out of love

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^^ got an extra tik? I have one basin left, out of love
    I do. One friend is pushing for the Jane, which did intrigue me. I'm now on the fence for location, but definitely getting some on Tuesday barring life fucking with me. Let's keep in touch.

Pouring rain in Frisco

Looks like 15”-30” possible?! Fuck yeah.

All Denver schools are closed tomorrow and most businesses are as well. Should be a nice quiet day on the slopes.

Frisco overcast

Rain/Snow line was high, it dropped to 11K at the divide.

Loveland has 5"

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

What’s still open at Winter Park? The Jane, Parsenn Bowl and Eaglewind?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    All Denver schools are closed tomorrow and most businesses are as well. Should be a nice quiet day on the slopes.
    Why?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague