Page 1572 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 ... LastLast
Results 39,276 to 39,300 of 41290
    "Your Favorite Mountain Sucks" podcast, much like "Your Favorite Band Sucks", would be pretty hysterical.
    I'd have alot to say about Winter Park, and I love that hill!

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    fastfred bitterness is deserves a podcast. Can you start one and just give us some good rants for about 60mins? Drop a new pod each week.

Call it the "Front Range Tunnel Trash Podcast"
    lucky for everyone I am working on my biography got one page down so I'm getting somewhere shits real

Hey Hatch, as Brigham Young said, "this is the place". I'll start, top 3 things I hate about Wanker Park.

18k people days. Weekends December through March and powder days

No lift in The Cirque

Bump that over the last 20year are frequently some weird squared off unskiable bullshit

Top 3 things I love

It's not at all crowded most of the time

The handful of days that happen right about when I say "fuck this place"

It's a skiers mountain. Underneath the veneer, it's mostly a place of happy, stoked people (guests and staff) that just love being out there.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

awww, that's almost sentimental. Who are you and what have you done with Foggy?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Na, sentimental is Berthoud Pass ski area, no social media, dirtbag life

This is just what's left of mud season when you know most people in City Market, the bike trails are doosh free, rivers are running and so on

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Basin announced they’re closing June 4th. Mary Jane on May 29th.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 05-24-2023 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    "Your Favorite Mountain Sucks" podcast, much like "Your Favorite Band Sucks", would be pretty hysterical.
    I'd have alot to say about Winter Park, and I love that hill!
    It needs to include why the town sucks and also the people. There are some places that would need multi-part episodes. Having just been in Jackson, I think I could go 5 hours on that shithole and the people who actually think it's the center of the ski universe.

"This is the place!"

Jackson +

Sidecounty
    History
    Coombs and others

Jackson -

Worst 'tude in skiing
    Ruining the Idaho Side
    The Town

Center of Ski Universe = the patio outside The Castillian-La Grave?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

Good question and it probably doesn't exist, but the average 'tuded Jacksonite couldn't conceive that it would be anywhere but Jackson.

"This is the place!"

Jackson +

Sidecounty
    History
    Coombs and others

Jackson -

Worst 'tude in skiing
    Ruining the Idaho Side
    The Town

An aspect problem (predominantly southeast exposure) that results in terrible, bulletproof skiing in bounds most of the time aside from a few fleeting moments of bliss?

THIS is the place? This IS the place!

A-Basin+: Top tier expert terrain, scenery, Dec-March vibe
    A-Basin-: Lack of big dumps, windbuff on the Spine hype, Castor with coral reef conditions.

Silverton+: Fast & playful terrain, big dumps, snowboarding vibe
    Silverton-: Logistical shitshow, portajohns, occasional over the top guiding.

Smoke is in the air, spring projects are firing and the high lakes are still frozen; it's prime shitposting season.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    THIS is the place? This IS the place!

A-Basin+: Top tier expert terrain, scenery, Dec-March vibe
    A-Basin-: Lack of big dumps, windbuff on the Spine hype, Castor with coral reef conditions.

Silverton+: Fast & playful terrain, big dumps, snowboarding vibe
    Silverton-: Logistical shitshow, portajohns, occasional over the top guiding.

Smoke is in the air, spring projects are firing and the high lakes are still frozen; it's prime shitposting season.
    Silverton also has a lot of SMUG. Both CB and Telluride have significantly more challenging and complex terrain, but all the dentists flock to Silverton for the marketing of death defying terrain.

I think the dentists go to Crested Butte and Telluride to ride greens around rich snobs homes.
    Silverton is a hard mountain, with plenty of terrain that can fuck you up.

We talking about front range dentists whose back home insta face fuck followers wanna see names and knar with a taco gotos'd in the back ground

Pudgy dentists from Ohio goto mtns to ski greens and blues

We have started referring to it as “Silvertude”. The place is pretty cool, and we had a great time the last few years, but there is a lot of BS to put up with and they treat you like they are doing you a favor at every turn just for letting you ski their mountain. There is better terrain a lot of places. But their complete lack of organization really lends itself well to reduced traffic on their slopes and thus usually better snow that sticks around a while. It is a funny place.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    We have started referring to it as “Silvertude”. The place is pretty cool, and we had a great time the last few years, but there is a lot of BS to put up with and they treat you like they are doing you a favor at every turn just for letting you ski their mountain. There is better terrain a lot of places. But their complete lack of organization really lends itself well to reduced traffic on their slopes and thus usually better snow that sticks around a while. It is a funny place.
    This is exactly how I feel about the place said in a much more diplomatic manner. Unguided is pretty fun, but guided there is not my cup of tea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    This is exactly how I feel about the place said in a much more diplomatic manner. Unguided is pretty fun, but guided there is not my cup of tea at all.
    Yeah, I'm holding back a lot in that statement haha. But honestly, I go down there with a bunch of dudes and rent a cheap house, buy an unguided pass w/ a help drop, and it is about the cheapest guys ski trip that you can do anywhere and get that kind of skiing. So we take the good with the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Silverton also has a lot of SMUG. Both CB and Telluride have significantly more challenging and complex terrain, but all the dentists flock to Silverton for the marketing of death defying terrain.
    Telluride can't possibly have any gnar. There's not a single place in the entire base area or town where you can create a big circle out of your lifted Tundras and pimped out Sprinters and hang out in your puffy and flatbrim drinking Hazy Cold Juicy West Coast New Zealand IPAs and talk about how fucking rad you got. And if you can't do that, there is no gnar.

I have spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    So we take the good with the bad.
    I think we're all saying the same thing..."logistical shitshow", "over the top guiding", "Silvertude", "SMUG", alot of BS to put up with", etc.
    Terrain is sick though, and should be even better when they build the lift across the valley.

If you really want the best Silverton experience I would suggest buying an unguided pass for the heli-drop, come opening weekend with all your bros in your lifted sprinters (be sure to stay in a short term rental anyways), ask every single working person in town, "do you think the heli will fly tomorrow?", bitch about the cold and "silvertude" while waiting 2+ hours to ski a tracked out grassy bowl, ski only tigers in the afternoon, get super drunk at the avalanche that night, don't get to the mountain till 11pm on Saturday, hike to the ropedees once for instagram, then drive back to Denver early on Sunday because you, "gotta beat the I70 traffic."
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 05-24-2023 at 04:39 PM.

Boom! I do it a bit different but nobody cares.

Silverton +

Watching the tunnel trash get all hot and bothered because their day isn't going down just how they like

Silverton -

It's too far from my house

You can learn alot about people from how they handle that place

Looks like I need to goto silvertown this weekend

Can't wait

Is it heavy puffy or lightweight puffy

I took the snow tires off my lifted sprinter will I be ok?

It's summer, only Texans go to Silvertown. Its a whole different Silvertude. When does Black Bear Pass open?

come here for the weather reports, stay here for the mountain/town reviews
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hey Hatch, as Brigham Young said, "this is the place". I'll start, top 3 things I hate about Wanker Park.

18k people days. Weekends December through March and powder days

No lift in The Cirque

Bump that over the last 20year are frequently some weird squared off unskiable bullshit

Top 3 things I love

It's not at all crowded most of the time

The handful of days that happen right about when I say "fuck this place"

It's a skiers mountain. Underneath the veneer, it's mostly a place of happy, stoked people (guests and staff) that just love being out there.

I’ll add that it’s one of the last large mountains where you can park slope-side for free. That’s huge.