Page 1104 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 ... LastLast
Results 27,576 to 27,600 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I believe he can get a partial re-imbursement on his pass for next year if he is out. Worth the call.
    Hopefully he bought the insurance...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hopefully he bought the insurance...
    Won’t matter if he’s skied 4 or more days. They deduct the price of a day ticket from the season pass cost for every day you use the pass. So there’s essentially no value left once you get in a few days.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Won’t matter if he’s skied 4 or more days. They deduct the price of a day ticket from the season pass cost for every day you use the pass. So there’s essentially no value left once you get in a few days.
    Good to know!

Knowing this guy he's all over it. If there's a way to recoup some of his money, or get it transferred to next season, he'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Fresh light snow this morning. No one around.

Attachment 266979

Attachment 266980

First black diamond for the big guy.
    Nice roos! Love the hockey stick technique. I do the same thing with my 2 year old. Just never put it in the ski racks on the outside of a gondola... I pulled a total gaper move and when getting onto a full Gondi with 2 kids and carrying our 3 pairs of skis and hockey stick decided to put the stick and my skis on the outside and bring their 2 pair of skis inside. Turns out the hole in the bottom of the ski rack is large enough for the butt of my stick to slide through so halfway up with a gust of wind it went straight down through, hanging down by the blade. So there I am trying to lasso it out the window with a pole strap and pry open the door with no luck. Needless to say it snapped like a twig when we came into the top station...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by xksrx View Post
    Nice roos! Love the hockey stick technique. I do the same thing with my 2 year old.
    I used to use a similar technique when my kids were liddle. Except... you know, with a ski pole.

Nice to get back to Phoenix/Spellbound today, since it never opened last year. What a war zone back there. Conditions most likely to be encountered in descending order: avy debris> bed surface> bare ground> stiff windboard> skied up/bootpacked snow> powder. That said I did have some good turns... Frontside opened to flatiron as well (also never opened last year)

Quote Originally Posted by xksrx View Post
    Just never put it in the ski racks on the outside of a gondola
    Luckily I ski at Winter Park where they just built a brand new gondola that doesn’t have ski racks, so I have to carry my skis in the cabin like a fucking heathen. And they named it “The Gondola.”

Weather was good today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6510.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	613.1 KB 
ID:	267296

Should be good tomorrow, too. I’ve prepped some kabobs. C lot 9am.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post

Should be good tomorrow, too. I’ve prepped some kabobs. C lot 9am.
    I'm not up there much this year (correction: haven't been there at all this year) but I'mma try to make it up some Thursday
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Weather was good today. Skiing was good. Food was good, too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6512.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	267548

What skis for the Jane tomorrow Roos?

Loving the kiddo stoke pics.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Your skinny ones, unless you want to go the the cirque. All 6 turns were open today.

The hill is in great shape. Things are open. Snowbanks are high.

I’ll be up on Saturday - along with the rest of the Front Range. Good to hear snow is back and holding.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Nice to get back to Phoenix/Spellbound today, since it never opened last year. What a war zone back there. Conditions most likely to be encountered in descending order: avy debris> bed surface> bare ground> stiff windboard> skied up/bootpacked snow> powder. That said I did have some good turns... Frontside opened to flatiron as well (also never opened last year)
    How often does The Peak have enough coverage to reasonably ski from the summit?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Almost never.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Good to hear it is open, hoping for some snow out of this next storm and maybe that'll help shape things up.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Coverage is decent right now, but it's low priority and needs several clear days before they bother. All of the front side has to be open first, too.

Anyone traveling to get these goods? I'm pondering durango but fuck it's far. Never got off my ass and acquired a more fuel efficient vehicle yet either. How does it ski the day after a storm? All tracked to hell (purgatory) or still fresh and fun?

Nice weekend in the 60s in Denver/Golden/Boulder. Changed it up with trail running and climbing, now ready for more powder this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Anyone traveling to get these goods? I'm pondering durango but fuck it's far. Never got off my ass and acquired a more fuel efficient vehicle yet either. How does it ski the day after a storm? All tracked to hell (purgatory) or still fresh and fun?
    I'm considering a trip to Purgatory, Powderhorn or Powder Mountain this week. Probably try to ski tues-thurs

I'm pondering durango but fuck it's far. How does it ski the day after a storm? All tracked to hell (purgatory) or still fresh and fun?
    I can't speak for Purg, but Wolf Creek has untracked, especially in the trees, for a week after a storm. The only thing keeping me from slaying more last week was the snow settling and turning into concrete. Wolfy is about 1.5 hours from Durango. Also, Telluride is about two hours from Durango, depending on weather, and Silverton, maybe forty five minutes. Not a bad place to set up base for a few days.

Git Some!!!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Yup many good days at Wolf. Although it seems I'm usually there during a storm. Maybe cause it always snows there. BFD back in town yet? I think he's in Utah. We should have a party when he gets back. I'd have to buy Wolf tickets but that's cool. I have 3 free days at Purg I'd like to check it out just for the hell of it. Looks like this storm has a bullseye on it. I have free days at Powderhorn too, had one good day there way back when, only been once. Had many many good days at Monarch and have 3 there as well. Would make a good circut lap. Now isn't really the time with work and vehicle but tempting especially since north central mountains are reported to get skunked.

Although this jet steam looks promising.

Name:  imgcache.jpg.gif
Views: 603
Size:  138.8 KB

Yup many good days at Wolf. Although it seems I'm usually there during a storm. Maybe cause it always snows there. BFD back in town yet? I think he's in Utah. We should have a party when he gets back. I'd have to buy Wolf tickets but that's cool. I have 3 free days at Purg I'd like to check it out just for the hell of it. Looks like this storm has a bullseye on it. I have free days at Powderhorn too, had one good day there way back when, only been once. Had many many good days at Monarch and have 3 there as well. Would make a good circut lap. Now isn't really the time with work and vehicle but tempting especially since north central mountains are reported to get skunked.

Although this jet steam looks promising.

Name:  imgcache.jpg.gif
Views: 603
Size:  138.8 KB
    I want to make this same roadie (purgatory, monarch days, and then maybe a random Silverton splurge) if the snow lines up.

Unfortunately with work this is not possible this week. However I’d be down for that run later in Feb or early to mid March...
    You should have been here yesterday!

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Cloudy and warm this morning.
    Windy up high.

Name:  IMG_6550.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  204.9 KB
    Last edited by Underoos; 02-04-2019 at 01:52 PM.