Page 533 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,325 of 41290
    Heard that visibility at DIA was almost zero early this AM. Spent the morning digging a trench at my buddys place which is below the flood plain and his yard and basement were a lake. For the record All the Sump Pumps/WetVacs in the boulder area are sold out, so if you need one your best bet is borrow not buy.

Just talked to my buddy up in Fourmile and he said canyon is blocked off on both ends by mudslides (907/887). residents got the evacuation calls too late, and thus are watching as the road becomes the river. A large surge of water was reported in Fourmile Creek passing Logan Mill at 10:55. The cubic feet per second (cfs) increased from 100 cfs to 1,000 cfs in under two hours. The crazy thing is that in fourmile the houses that are in "Flood Zone X" are in jeopardy... flood zone X means the chance of flood is supposed to be rarer than 500 years. Maybe the burn scar has something to do with it.

Same deal for my friends up sunshine canyon rock/mudslides blocking the way out on both ends.

Also hearing that Nederlands sewage plant system has been compromised. no clean water.

Faaack. We needed rain, but now we need an ARK.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Concrete- based on recent video and updates on Lyons, it doesn't sound good up there. TONS of water from the creeks in town and it looks like a disaster area in town. Fingers crossed for everyone up there.
    Yeah. I think all my friend there are safe but likely flooded. 500 year flood, gas is shut off and sewage is fucked.

I wish I could find something out on Pinewood and Spring Gulch but its not big enough to make the news.

Are we experiencing the Indian Monsoon? This is ridiculous.

DenverPost said some parts of Boulder at 9-12” from 9AM.

good luck y'all
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Yeah. I think all my friend there are safe but likely flooded. 500 year flood, gas is shut off and sewage is fucked.

I wish I could find something out on Pinewood and Spring Gulch but its not big enough to make the news.
    I know the evacuation center for Lyons is in Pinewood, so maybe that's a good sign?

How many CU kids are just getting hammered today?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Based on my experiences as a CU student, and with classes cancelled tomorrow as well, I'd say all of them

Pic of Peak to peak: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peak to peak.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	141080

Regarding Lyons, just heard on the Scanner that the creek took out the cell tower so no cell service for those folks.

Vibes to all affected. Stay Safe!

You can listen to the most current info from dispatchers at http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/591/web
    They said no one can get down the canyon to Lyons and Lyons is cut off, but the national guard just got to them.

Some amazing pics and vids on Instagram #boulder #boulderflood
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    judging by the amount of screaming and yelling I hear out on the hill right now, I would say most of them are

Been lucky to have just a constant mist that occasionally turns to a steady shower here in Georgetown. This would support the notion that most of the excitement is to the east, even of me. Clear Creek behind the restaurant is as high as I've seen it since early July though and a buddy of mine was going to paddle bear creek in Evergreen today as it was over 720 and rising. Dude's a nut though. Haha. Any way, vibes to all the people living in areas affected by this event. Pretty damn crazy to hear rain totals more reminiscent of what I experienced on the west coast in the middle of the country. Stay safe out there guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle23 View Post
    You can listen to the most current info from dispatchers at http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/591/web
    They said no one can get down the canyon to Lyons and Lyons is cut off, but the national guard just got to them.
    How are things up by you? Filling up jugs of water and hunkering down?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by pbourdon View Post
    Been lucky to have just a constant mist that occasionally turns to a steady shower here in Georgetown. This would support the notion that most of the excitement is to the east, even of me. Clear Creek behind the restaurant is as high as I've seen it since early July though and a buddy of mine was going to paddle bear creek in Evergreen today as it was over 720 and rising. Dude's a nut though. Haha. Any way, vibes to all the people living in areas affected by this event. Pretty damn crazy to hear rain totals more reminiscent of what I experienced on the west coast in the middle of the country. Stay safe out there guys.
    720cfs on Bear Creek is STOUT.

The Saint Vrain River just downstream of the wastewater treatment plant in Lyons hit at least 12,100 cfs today. The estimated 100 year flood is about 8,800 cfs.
    Old's Cool.

12k, that's just insane
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    12k, that's just insane
    That number is from a water resource engineer out of our Longmont office.
    Old's Cool.

Wow. Just heard Telebear talking about bailing out on NPR. Hope all you folks fare well.

that was Telebear?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Wow. Just heard Telebear talking about bailing out on NPR. Hope all you folks fare well.
    Yeah, he was enlisting help on FB, sounds like he got it bad. I think that's where wildman was digging trenches. My house is mostly dry, but I can see how easy my house could be under water.

help is only a PM away kids

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, he was enlisting help on FB, sounds like he got it bad. I think that's where wildman was digging trenches. My house is mostly dry, but I can see how easy my house could be under water.
    Correct. He lives right around the corner from me. Super low lying property...

When I left (during a lull in the storm) he was in pretty decent shape. We managed to drain the backyard thought there was still 6 inches of standing water in his furnished basement. things have intensified again though.

Not much wind to speak of from this storm. Crazy shit. Wonder whats gonna go down on Friday the 13th.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3667.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	141101

This shit is bananas!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1379044173.221055.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	191.8 KB 
ID:	141102
    Highway 7 between Allenspark and Lyons OMG!
    stay outta my line

Sirens again in Boulder, says Boulder creek is now at 5k cfs and rising....holy shit!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Why do they keep calling this stuff "A hundred year flood" event when there's been at least three in just my lifetime?