Page 746 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... LastLast
Results 18,626 to 18,650 of 41291
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    Both of you are misguided.
    Thats fine by me. The reason some of my best days have been in this timeframe is that attitude.

oh no its almost nov 1st and colorado hasn't seen a 2 ft dump yet things are getting pretty rough

don't try to make sense of the weather don't think cause this happened that should happen yall want to find some explination that shit isn't like it was two years ago

I got my bets placed and I know whats gonna happen just dont need to tell you guys, don't worry you'll get your winter

Guessing somewhere in the San Juans or maybe Wolf Creek will get a dusting tonight. Nice little blob in NM headed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    The WROD is the most overhyped thing in snow sports. Skiing would start in December and end in May. But ski areas have shifted it forward to October so they can make money early then coast through the season on the money from their WROD passes and Ski pass sales. Then the close earlier and earlier every year to save money even though they have ten times the terrain open compared to early season. It's all a scam I tell ya!
    I thought most resorts are limited by their contracts with the forest service due to animal habitat and migration. Not 100% sure on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeezeBall View Post
    I thought most resorts are limited by their contracts with the forest service due to animal habitat and migration. Not 100% sure on that though.
    That's what I thought too.

I found this interesting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d13_fill.gif 
Views:	238 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	170569

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Thats fine by me. The reason some of my best days have been in this timeframe is that attitude.
    Agreed.

In other news, low pressure wed/thursday

Edit: ^ just beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Technically yes, that's what they say, but they can push that back if they are having a good snow year. Remember Copper and Aspen reopening a few years ago after an 18 inch dump on closing weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Technically yes, that's what they say, but they can push that back if they are having a good snow year. Remember Copper and Aspen reopening a few years ago after an 18 inch dump on closing weekend?
    Some resorts close before the NFS says they have to. Others (Loveland I believe) go right up to the date they're allowed regardless of snow pack.

Moving up opening date is hardly a scam for those of us who are passholders. I'm pretty sure it has less to do with some conspiracy and more to do with ski resort folk liking to ski and make money. Those are two things I like as well.

I used to work for Vail, and a supervisor told me that wasn't true, just a rumor that sounds nice. Essentially tourists stop coming after March and start going to the beach, so it's not profitable to run the resort much longer after that.

3...2...1...How long 'till the first grass skiing vid "drops"?

I'm sure there will be a run on Kleenex in the front range as ya'll anticipate all the web cam updated from tomorrow.

Sometimes "stoke" is infection, sometimes it is just silly. Personally, I wait it out in early season and hit it hard in the spring.

Enjoy yourself but realize that if you are wining about crowd, racers and grooming around T-giving, you are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jvskinn View Post
    I used to work for Vail, and a supervisor told me that wasn't true, just a rumor that sounds nice. Essentially tourists stop coming after March and start going to the beach, so it's not profitable to run the resort much longer after that.
    And the only reason the WROD is so popular is thats the time of year when most other sports become a lot less appealing for most people due to weather.

Oh, and winter hasn't shifted, spring used to be colder than it is these days, and the snow used to last longer. Now spring is just wetter. That's not winter shifting thats just a wetter spring that is the death knell of winter as soon as it hits.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by skiHOG View Post
    I found this interesting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d13_fill.gif 
Views:	238 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	170569
    He's here !

Peaks got snow down to 11-11.5k last night in our neck of the woods

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Peaks got snow down to 11-11.5k last night in our neck of the woods
    Some snow on Vail Pass this morning
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Yeah, Sam's had some snow on it... so a touch lower than 11 in some areas...

Meanwhile, in Silverton, they be gettin' mad (core) shots:

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

^^that pic is from AK. There's a "Silverton Mountain Guides" up there that's affiliated somehow which is why it was posted on the Silverton CO fb page

Crazy spring lightning storm down in Denver tonight

Come on sunrise. I know it snowed just not how much. Looking forward to some ski resort pics and their greatly exaggerated snow reports.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Snow on both Cumbres pass and Wolf Creek pass!

lots of snow above treeline in scummit, clouds are low, can only imagine the PR reelases by vail and the local news coverage

don't worry the front range is gonna get their fair share of snow this winter and people will go from stoked to miserable pretty quick wondering where their 300 days of sunshine is

It's Spanish for... The Nino!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by jvskinn View Post
    It depends on the ski area and their lease (and in some cases, what lands are leased vs owned). Animal migration is probably true in some cases, but even without that, many leases have an end date.

That said, it is definitely a niche market once you get into April, and not worth it for many resorts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Looks wintery at Loveland this AM.

At least this "storm" doesn't appear to have screwed up the below treeline biking too much. Nothing a day of sunshine can't take care of. If it wants to get cold and snow, fine, but until then......Indian Summah!
    Old's Cool.