Page 990 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... LastLast
Results 24,726 to 24,750 of 41143
    Yeah, the bus was seriously slow going, roads had a lot of snow, it came fast. But tapered by the time I got to Superior, and virtually no snow in Boulder.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    2 inches in an hour in Lakewood right as rush hour was kicking in. Denver rush hour lasts longer than an hour.
    Exactly. I'm sure there were plenty of dumbassess out there -- that's why I ride the bus -- but it was a lot of snow in a short time, at the exact wrong time.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Exactly. I'm sure there were plenty of dumbassess out there -- that's why I ride the bus -- but it was a lot of snow in a short time, at the exact wrong time.
    Yeah. GF sent pics from Arvada. Crazy. Looked like it went from nothing to 3"? in maybe 2hrs at the exact moment of rush hour.

Afternoon report at Mt Arvada was 3”, but it rode like 5” and was knee deep in a few wind loaded areas

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Afternoon report at Mt Arvada was 3”, but it rode like 5” and was knee deep in a few wind loaded areas
    Yeah but the hike to the top is a bitch!

Yeah, but how early did you have to leave to get there?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Sounds like a sleeper powder day. Did you drop the cornice into the right couloir?

Severe alert from Mrs HGC reported closures on Wadsworth Blvd, had to redirect to the Lamar St frontage road. First one in the parking lot.
    Ralston Bowl was sickkkkkkkk

I bet Red Rocks is still a little thin. Better bring rock skis.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    everyone thinks that just because you live in colorado you know how to drive in snow
    Been in Bozeman for two days. I'm quite impressed with the average level of Winter driving competence here.

Sadly, I'll be home tonight and will have to reset my expectations.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Been in Bozeman for two days. I'm quite impressed with the average level of Winter driving competence here.

... Thom
    OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD.... jong.

... Thom
    Either I'm jaded or you got lucky.

Yeah, there were the few nut jobs, but in general, folks were calm and patient and nothing like the mad, "go-go" mentality of Boulder, CO or I-70.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Yeah, there were the few nut jobs, but in general, folks were calm and patient and nothing like the mad, "go-go" mentality of Boulder, CO or I-70.

... Thom
    Uhh, people are still pretty relaxed driving here. Ever drive in Boston or Houston? I'll take drivers here anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Uhh, people are still pretty relaxed driving here. Ever drive in Boston or Houston? I'll take drivers here anyday.
    Or NYC and LA. It reeeeally is pretty easy here. And Boston? Forgetaboutit. Super stressful.

Yeah, while it's certainly easy to complain about drivers anywhere, people here are generally fairly courteous.

If you search Road Rage on YouTube, you’ll see most are from CA, NJ, NY and MA.

I never said NY, Houston, Boston or Seattle were sane by any stretch of the imagination and I'd rather not call this place ok as a result of this comparison.

It also doesn't negate the fact that people can't drive in snow here and that they have yet to establish a meaningful relationship with their turn signals - the latter reflecting a "fuck you" approach that has no relationship with courteous driving.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

I never said NY, Houston, Boston or Seattle were sane by any stretch of the imagination and I'd rather not call this place ok as a result of this comparison.

It also doesn't negate the fact that people can't drive in snow here and that they have yet to establish a meaningful relationship with their turn signals - the latter reflecting a "fuck you" approach that has no relationship with courteous driving.

... Thom
    QFT.

Vail was pretty dope today with the 4 or 5 inches fresh. The usual windloaded spots were nice. Red square provided bottomless soft turns.

Hucked some cliffs over at Rasputin’s revenge. Was pretty dope.

I forgot how fun that area is

Interesting chatter around Copper. It sounds like the Tucker lift project is moving forward.
    I'm not a huge fan of the lift, as that terrain really can't support a ton of traffic, but this opens up the door for the expansion south of Tucker.
    Their master plan shows terrain right up to 13K on the east slope of Jacques Peak, stay tuned, as that would be pretty fucking sweet if it happened.

Taco was way deeper than the morning report too

Interesting chatter around Copper. It sounds like the Tucker lift project is moving forward.
    I'm not a huge fan of the lift, as that terrain really can't support a ton of traffic, but this opens up the expansion south for the cat terrain.
    Their master plan shows terrain right up to 13K on Jacques Peak within cat ops, stay tuned, as that would be pretty fucking sweet.

Veeeery intrigued by that bowl to the south/sw of Tucker Mtn as well as Jacques Peak. IMO all that via cat or hike would be far more interesting than Taco, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Veeeery intrigued by that bowl to the south/sw of Tucker Mtn as well as Jacques Peak. IMO all that via cat or hike would be far more interesting than Taco, etc.
    Love me some Taco & Nacho, but that terrain will be a nice upgrade.

I'm not a huge fan of the lift, as that terrain really can't support a ton of traffic, but this opens up the door for the expansion south of Tucker.
    Their master plan shows terrain right up to 13K on the east slope of Jacques Peak, stay tuned, as that would be pretty fucking sweet if it happened.

Copper is preparing for the hoardes of ikon pass holders

That would be doper than breck if they opened up some of that terrain

Where can I read up on what their master plan is?