Page 953 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 ... LastLast
Results 23,801 to 23,825 of 41299
    It's a quick run to get to the MJ trail, and you don't put guests onto the steeper rollover at the top.
    The route to HiLo cuts across 5? heavily used beginner/intermediate runs, this one cuts across 2 less used bump runs. That shouldn't be overlooked.
    I thought they would be a bit more conservative with the bulldozer, it's a pretty big chunk they took out of the hillside to make this run.

Anyway, we need some snow. We're still claiming responsibility for large snowfall totals when we leave the state, right?
    I'm heading out Wednesday through New Years. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    It's a quick run to get to the MJ trail, and you don't put guests onto the steeper rollover at the top.
    The route to HiLo cuts across 5? heavily used beginner/intermediate runs, this one cuts across 2 less used bump runs. That shouldn't be overlooked.
    I thought they would be a bit more conservative with the bulldozer, it's a pretty big chunk they took out of the hillside to make this run.

Anyway, we need some snow. We're still claiming responsibility for large snowfall totals when we leave the state, right?
    I'm heading out Wednesday through New Years. You're welcome.
    I hate what they did to parsenn and backside parsenn. The major reason I haven't switched to that pass for sure. Although if they add Aspen I would.

And the day before that snowfall last week, I washed a jeep that hadn't been washed in 25 years. You're welcome.

Sober Englishmen....also lame!
    Damn right!

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Damn right!
    Your opinion was needed on this issue.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Re: Sober Englishman - Why? I mean I kinda get it but how much time does in save vs. taking Whistledick to the Hi Lo. I guess the guest don't know how to hold their speed and we can't have the paying public using their poles or unstrapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think the idea is that it's not readily apparent to guests that they can get to the Jane that way, and a little confusing. People just rode a lift, it's easier to say "ride this trail to the Jane" versus take this cat track all the way around to another lift and ride that lift to the Jane?
    Yeah, planning based on the most clueless common denominator .... sad that skiing is so low on management's priority list, but nothing new. Besides selling over-priced food & drinks, what's the point? If you can't ski the Jane trail, what else could you ski on the Jane side....Tie Siding?

Your opinion was needed on this issue.
    Sorry, you didn't get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Sorry, you didn't get the joke.
    I guess you didn't get mine.

How could we discuss a new trail called Sober Englishmen that bisects Drunken Frenchman without getting input from funkendrenchman?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I guess you didn't get mine.

How could we discuss a new trail called Sober Englishmen that bisects Drunken Frenchman without getting input from funkendrenchman?
    Nope

I was optimistic that MJ would be decent, but it was lame. Icy and thin.
    Sober Englishmen....also lame!
    Yeah it was a fun little run in the AM before it got super icy. Surprisingly there was some decent snow on the WP side if you didn't mind hitting a rock or two. Fresh turns all morning except it wasn't very steep.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So impressed with Ski Co - shoveling snow out of the woods at Highlands to avoid the need to download.

"Going above and beyond in this instance for the Highlands crew meant digging snow out of the woods on the side of the T Lazy 7 trail, combining it with manmade snow from the top of Thunderbowl to create a skiable connection. By 10:30 a.m., the T Lazy 7 trail was open, negating the need for the download and sending skiers to the firm, consistent Thunderbowl surface, according to Katie Ertl, who last off-season was promoted from the head of ski and snowboard schools to the Aspen Skiing Co.’s senior vice president of mountain operations."

I agree 100%. It's amazing what they've done, with what meager snow we have.
    We are lucky, all of our mountain managers are SKIers.

I drove thru Glenwood Canyon today and parts of the Colorado are dry as a bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I drove thru Glenwood Canyon today and parts of the Colorado are dry as a bone.
    You mean the part where water is diverted from the Hanging Lake Rest Area through a huge pipe to the Shoshone Power Plant? That's normal.
    Old's Cool.

Maybe, I’d just never seen it that dry.

https://longrangesnowcenter.blogspot...-19th-dec.html

Pattern for Colorado looks fairly bleak for the next couple of weeks, but we may get a pattern change soon....

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Ski patrol is going to be very busy. There were many, many people getting carted down yesterday and so many near misses. Saw a snowboarder near me fall then slip and slide on his butt into the side of an older woman - thankfully she was ok. It's more of a shitshow than I've ever seen.

appears knowing the Texas school calendar is an important skill for CO resort skiing
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    appears knowing the Texas school calendar is an important skill for CO resort skiing
    Yes, yes it is (for Wolf Creek and Purg, at least). When I worked at Purgatory, our biggest "spring break" week was determined by Texas schools.

Man this is brutal. People coming from out of town are going to have pretty disappointing ski vacations.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

If they are front side rangers, they might not notice too much other than it seems runs are just a tad more crowded this year.

Hahaha yeah. Snowmass is 5% open, it'll be just a tad more crowded than last year.

I think the arctic temperatures coming up this week will keep a lot of people off the slopes.

How many gapers will want to ski if it is 3 below outside and only a few runs open. For that matter, how many locals will even bother ? Lots of cancellations in vail from what I’ve heard

You guys would be surprised how persistent many of these folks are. Most of them are gonna be skiing green and blues regardless of snow conditions so it really doesn’t matter. They’ll just head to the bar earlier and spend money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hearing from T-ride friends that cancelations are coming in like crazy. The mountain and town are basically going to be empty. You think it's bad at vail resorts? There has been 14" this season in Telluride total LOL

At this point, eventual snow or not, there is going to be a ripple effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I'm hearing from T-ride friends that cancelations are coming in like crazy. The mountain and town are basically going to be empty. You think it's bad at vail resorts? There has been 14" this season in Telluride total LOL
    The town won't be empty. But it will be empty compared to normal Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    At this point, eventual snow or not, there is going to be a ripple effect.
    Yeah, everyone is freaking out over Xmas, when the reality is much bigger. Nobody is going to book ski vacations right now. When we get lots of early season snow, bookings for the whole season go up. When we get no snow, nobody books, and it impacts the whole season, even if it starts dumping January 1 and doesn't stop.