Page 951 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 ... LastLast
Results 23,751 to 23,775 of 41290

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Vibes. Between your knee and my kid due in January, there may still be hope for Colorado skiers!
    Congrats! It started snowing the day my daughter was born last Dec.

Some decent snow along the divide.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Wildfire by Farmer's Corner? Or controlled?

Last edited by The SnowShow; 12-13-2017 at 04:26 PM.

it's not a wildfire, burning slash piles.

Looked like the fire this summer might have cleared out some decent runs back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powder Awards and Dew Tour in Breck - must be a zoo?
    At least it's snowing again.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Mad. House.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Mad. House.
    Must be fun though.

I mean did someone at least get a sick directed run yesterday from that little storm? breck called 6" so it had to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    sick directed
    Warning: Choad Term

I use lingo hardly anyone understand because I'm down with patrol. I sniff red coat fart because they tell me where it is "sick"!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Mad. House.
    "Hold my beer" -Snowmass $6.50 day

Anybody been on Cameron pass after the last snow?

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    "Hold my beer" -Snowmass $6.50 day
    Pics?

Bring beer and rock skis

No, the Mary Jane isn't open, at least not yet.

Earlier today photos began circulating on social media of skiers and boarders carving through the Mary Jane Territory at Winter Park Resort, spurring reports that the territory had surreptitiously opened. But that's not the case.

While there are skiers on the slope, it isn't yet open to the public. Ski patrollers have opened some portions of the Mary Jane for directive skiing, wherein patrollers lead a few of their friends down specific trails to test conditions, according to Steve Hurlbert, director of public relations and communication for Winter Park Resort.

But there is good news. According to Hurlbert, patrollers liked what they saw today, and the resort is planning on opening parts of the Mary Jane Territory Saturday at 8:30 a.m. Hurlbert said that the Super Gauge and Mary Jane trails will be available, opening up about 40 new acres for skiers and snowboarders.

The resort’s newest trail, Sober Englishman, will also be opening, providing access from the Zephyr Express Lift to the Mary Jane Trail. The Super Gauge Express and Galloping Goose lifts will be in service to the Mary Jane Trail and Shoo Fly.

All restaurants at the Mary Jane Base, including Club Car, the Mary Jane Market Café and Pepperoni’s will also be opening for the remainder of the season on Saturday.

"Hopefully the dominoes will start to fall and we can start to open up more stuff at the Jane," said Hurlbert. "Part of it is figuring out how much snow we're going to get from the storm this weekend, but the bottom line is the Jane will be open tomorrow morning.”

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Warning: Choad Term

I use lingo hardly anyone understand because I'm down with patrol. I sniff red coat fart because they tell me where it is "sick"!
    Never heard that term before. Around here, we call it a Powder Posse... sounds a lot more fun than directed.

Exactly, if Funken ain't heard of it then it must be way on the down low. Fun=Gat? I don't know if I'd want to be associated with a Powder Posse, plus right now you're probably just getting a bunch of core shots and boot deep Pow!

Honestly, the true back channel patrol stuff at Wanker Park is handled via txt. It makes for some nice opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    breck was pretty quiet today no one showed up

parking lots were empty the lift lines from my office view didn't look to bad, should a snapped a photo

I didn't give up on driving from one end of town to the other at 4pm either

people weren't flocking to the weed stores on airport rd like flies on shit either driving and walking like idiots

only used my horn once and drove on the sidewalk once too (big truck and if your a local it's all good)

and I didn't see ten dudes making beef stew sharing a hot tub either after a bad ass day on the slopes at 3:30 today

so no breck wasn't too bad today

It sounds like the pattern is going to change in two weeks after two weeks from now.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

a little sarcasm on the internet always leads to good things but honestly what in the world are you blabbering about, foggy?

Even Gratz sounds dejected, and it's his job to get people psyched about new snow:

"A storm will approach Colorado on Saturday but will split before it gets here and likely will not bring us any fresh snow. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday should be mostly dry with a few snow showers in the northern mountains, and then our next chance for snow will arrive on Thursday, though that storm might wind up splitting as well."

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Anybody been on Cameron pass after the last snow?
    I have not been up yet, probably will start exploring after one more storm. Some of the posts over on powderbuzz.com from last week look decent...maybe?? I’m sure it’s thin but skiable in places.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Even Gratz sounds dejected, and it's his job to get people psyched about new snow:

"A storm will approach Colorado on Saturday but will split before it gets here and likely will not bring us any fresh snow. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday should be mostly dry with a few snow showers in the northern mountains, and then our next chance for snow will arrive on Thursday, though that storm might wind up splitting as well."
    He's probably exhausted from his baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    a little sarcasm on the internet always leads to good things but honestly what in the world are you blabbering about, foggy?
    Can you say "Directed Skiing" with a straight face? If so, this marketing is for you:

While there are skiers on the slope, it isn't yet open to the public. Ski patrollers have opened some portions of the Mary Jane for directive skiing, wherein patrollers lead a few of their friends down specific trails to test conditions, according to Steve Hurlbert, director of public relations and communication for Winter Park Resort.

i mean that is what they call it though so who really cares? that strategy seems odd but its probably better than just letting your average folk have at it so i am ok with that i guess.

If we don't get snow in the next few weeks I'm going to be worried about Gratz's safety from a self-harm standpoint. He's sounding grim.